Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Hi guys,

I've booked 4 nights at the Bandung Intercontinental. I still haven't booked flights but it might be difficult to get there in a timely manner.

I'm worried if I have a flight snafu, then I will be on the hook for a no-show. How does this work? The terms say I would be charged the first night rate, is that the 5000 points, or is that the cash rate? They don't have my credit card, so how would that work?

Finally, do I need to be the one to check in, or can I have my friend go there and check in first?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Hi guys,

I've booked 4 nights at the Bandung Intercontinental. I still haven't booked flights but it might be difficult to get there in a timely manner.

I'm worried if I have a flight snafu, then I will be on the hook for a no-show. How does this work? The terms say I would be charged the first night rate, is that the 5000 points, or is that the cash rate? They don't have my credit card, so how would that work?

Finally, do I need to be the one to check in, or can I have my friend go there and check in first?
We just finished a stay here this last weekend. Not 5 star, certainly.

At checkin for a second room, my Indonesian wife was hassled while trying to check in on a reservation we had made on her dad's account. I reminded her that she was on the reservation as the second guest.

Normally, you'd be charged the cash rate, and not points.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Hi guys,

no show ... officially =>
a)points refunded for all the nights
b)CC suplied during booking (I think that is kind of compulsory even on award nights) gets charged 1nights room rate

There is no $$$ room rate for the night so it is a bit up in the air what hotel might decide to bill the no show, one example rate would be your rooms flex rate on day of checkin.

Some hotels, especially if occupancy at > 95% will keep points for first night only and charge IHG corporate the ADR.

If hotel occupancy is < 95% alas hotels are incentivised to refund points and charge the night versus getting the usual IHG award night pittance.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Originally Posted by scubaccr
no show ... officially =>
a)points refunded for all the nights
b)CC suplied during booking (I think that is kind of compulsory even on award nights) gets charged 1nights room rate
Well I didn't use a CC for booking. It was pay at the hotel. Anyway I just got my flight to Jakarta so looks like I"ll be staying at the Intercont Bandung for 4 nights. Can you believe my RT tickets NYC-JKT/BKK-LAX was only $496 (or 33k UR points)? Insane.

Can't complain too much, even its its only 4-star'ish, its only 5000 points, and then off to Bali where I can stay at the Hilton Garden Inn for 4000 a night including free breakfast....
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:27 pm

Well I didn't use a CC for booking. It was pay at the hotel. Anyway I just got my flight to Jakarta so looks like I"ll be staying at the Intercont Bandung for 4 nights. Can you believe my RT tickets NYC-JKT/BKK-LAX was only $496 (or 33k UR points)? Insane.

Can't complain too much, even its its only 4-star'ish, its only 5000 points, and then off to Bali where I can stay at the Hilton Garden Inn for 4000 a night including free breakfast....
Nothing to pay as you booked on points. However same as a flex pay on checkin, an award/PB the high majority of hotel reservations needs your CC info against a no show.

Very rarely the occasional hotel with cancel deadline of upto 4pm or 6pm on day-of-stay, may have extra reservation radio button option of provide CC to guarantee against late arrival. without CC, arriving after that 4pm/6pm means room can be cancelled/resold by hotel.

Saudi(a) have a crazy oneway Business fare FCO-CGK (and also MXP-CGK) for a very low gbp433/446 . It is a dry airline though.

nb
I did consider grabbing 7nights at Badung on a sidetrip on my way to Manila, but although I saw the nights available in first day of PB release, I gave it a miss as not that great an IC and a bit isolated too.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing to pay as you booked on points. However same as a flex pay on checkin, an award/PB the high majority of hotel reservations needs your CC info against a no show.

Very rarely the occasional hotel with cancel deadline of upto 4pm or 6pm on day-of-stay, may have extra reservation radio button option of provide CC to guarantee against late arrival. without CC, arriving after that 4pm/6pm means room can be cancelled/resold by hotel.
This location did have a hold to 4pm with no credit card option.

This location is primarily a golf location, and lots of Indonesian locals on the weekend.

You can save 20% on meals by paying with some local credit cards, and even international Citibank cards. You have to remind them of the promo, and even then they don't always do it.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue

Saudi(a) have a crazy oneway Business fare FCO-CGK (and also MXP-CGK) for a very low gbp433/446 . It is a dry airline though.

Is that fare still available, scubaccr, or is it ongoing? Looks like one could piece together an interesting RTW with fares like these. 'Dry' doesn't bother me, I always feel better when I don't drink alcohol!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
Is that fare still available, scubaccr, or is it ongoing? Looks like one could piece together an interesting RTW with fares like these. 'Dry' doesn't bother me, I always feel better when I don't drink alcohol!
This fare has been around for awhile. I booked it last year, when it was even cheaper.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?f=...9-05;tt=o;sc=b

quite a few dates exhausted but both FCO+MXP have these 1-way fares out to 30Apr2018 (including eg Dec Xmas + New Year peak dates, any day but Friday or Sunday).

If i needed Europe-Asia flight near Xmas I'd probably be booking this along with award flight LHR - FCO/MXP
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
HIX Croydon. Not bad for London transport-wise. 15-17min train to Victoria. Nothing to write home about the property though, it works.
Near Selhurst Park too, thank Aki he played for Palace
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Time for the last for this year round of Point Breaks.
I wish they would post it during the next week, and not October 30, when it is hard to plan for the beg. November...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by iggyray
Time for the last for this year round of Point Breaks.
I wish they would post it during the next week, and not October 30, when it is hard to plan for the beg. November...
I think that we will get a preview next Friday 27th and it will probably go live on Monday the 30th

Last edited by rrohio; Oct 20, 2017 at 7:09 am Reason: none
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Still do not see anything yet... anybody has info? Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Give it a couple more days.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Tommys888
Still do not see anything yet... anybody has info? Thanks!
based on previous times when last day of month is a Monday/Tuesday , I'd normally expect
o Preview - Friday 27th
o Go Live - either Mon 30th or Tues 31st (during USA afternoon)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.