Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by BarronConrad
What happens if you make more than two PB reservations for the same hotel, which allegedly is not allowed? Today I made multiple PB reservations for the same hotel; different dates.
I dont think anybody knows for sure. I think if you take the p*** and have booked tonnes, they will notice and you could have them all cancelled and/or account suspended. If you just book 3 or 4, I imagine they probably dont even notice but ymmv.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Owego, NY, is not too far from Ithaca, and Corning (home of the very good Museum of Glass).
I took advantage of the Ithaca HIX PB offer last quarter. It's a great area!
Unfortunately, upstate NY is getting hit with ticks carrying Lyme desease. It's a major concern during the warm months, and I saw warnings posted at many outdoor attractions.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by rtraveler
What's so good about those places? I was looking for a place to take my kids hiking/fishing and with a pool. I was hoping for Maine (Acadia Park) but no luck.
Acadea is a full day drive from NYC and IHG hotels in Maine are rarely on the list.
Swansea is close to Cape Cod and some other beaches in MA as well as some nice Portuguese restaurants. Johnstown is not too far from Lake George and is surrounded by different State Forests.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: IHG
I made 5 reservation last winter on breakpoints hotels and after a week they cancel all my reservations and I had to call IHG award center to unblock my account.

I'm not sure how they find out.

What happens if you make more than two PB reservations for the same hotel, which allegedly is not allowed? Today I made multiple PB reservations for the same hotel; different dates.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by mikemorel
I made 5 reservation last winter on breakpoints hotels and after a week they cancel all my reservations and I had to call IHG award center to unblock my account.

Where they all at the same hotel??
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:06 am

Holiday Inn Clermont-Ferrand Centre

I made two separate bookings at the Holiday Inn Clermont-Ferrand Centre and received a message from the hotel's reservations department which states:

"
Regarding a bug on the IHG Rewards Night website, we received many booking for you between 01st September and 31st October 2017. Please could you check and contact us as confirmed your real booking and credit again your account ."

Not only this but they seem to have sent the same message to multiple IHG members and thus revealed my e-mail address to everyone on their list.

What should I do?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:49 am

Ask for lots of points as compensation.

Originally Posted by puchong
I made two separate bookings at the Holiday Inn Clermont-Ferrand Centre and received a message from the hotel's reservations department which states:

"
Regarding a bug on the IHG Rewards Night website, we received many booking for you between 01st September and 31st October 2017. Please could you check and contact us as confirmed your real booking and credit again your account ."

Not only this but they seem to have sent the same message to multiple IHG members and thus revealed my e-mail address to everyone on their list.

What should I do?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:51 am

Thank you for the info.

Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: IHG
Ask for lots of points as compensation.
And if they don't compensate you gently remind them of relevant data protection laws if they have been violated (not sure what the laws are outside UK and Ireland)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:54 am

So it is definitely a case of YMMV as I had five 2-3 night PB stays at a property off the last list and had no issues.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by boris10475
Acadea is a full day drive from NYC and IHG hotels in Maine are rarely on the list.
Swansea is close to Cape Cod and some other beaches in MA as well as some nice Portuguese restaurants. Johnstown is not too far from Lake George and is surrounded by different State Forests.
Swansea Holiday Inn Express is a nice hotel and not too far from Newport, RI (about 35 mins), which is a great destination with kids.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
So it is definitely a case of YMMV as I had five 2-3 night PB stays at a property off the last list and had no issues.
It basically boils down to, if you are going to violate the rules, ask yourself, Do I feel lucky that I would not be caught? If you decide to test your luck and be caught, then would you not mind go thru the hassle to sort it out if your account is locked by IHG because of the violation.

YMMV indeed.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I wonder how many hotels PBs were exhausted/decimated early due to multiple unwanted bookings with follow up cancelations due to IHG "I.T. BUG" on Monday 31st July.

Many hotels now removed already by IHG off the PB list on the main link page.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
It basically boils down to, if you are going to violate the rules, ask yourself, Do I feel lucky that I would not be caught? If you decide to test your luck and be caught, then would you not mind go thru the hassle to sort it out if your account is locked by IHG because of the violation.

YMMV indeed.
Exactly. People needs to get real that the only way is to play by books. You may get away once or twice, but it will hang over your head over the time.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by JustinIreland
And if they don't compensate you gently remind them of relevant data protection laws if they have been violated (not sure what the laws are outside UK and Ireland)
DO NOT mention laws! I got this same email and promptly contacted IHG. I mentioned privacy and data protection laws and they immediately went on the defensive and flagged the complaint as an "insurance liability". This means that IHG does not compensate you but the responsibility falls on the hotel. They will have the hotel contact me in 48hrs.. but I doubt there will be any points coming my way.

basically IHG will not give you points, because if they do, they would be taking some of the responsibility for what happen and are thus, liable.

Obviously YMMV, but I spoke to guest relations and to a senior case manager (or something like that) and got the same shpiel

Good luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.