Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The blind leading the blind ..
I just woke up! And all is calm. No booking frenzy!

Glad it hasn't come out yet....I'm not quite ready for this!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
I just woke up! And all is calm. No booking frenzy!

Glad it hasn't come out yet....I'm not quite ready for this!
I just want there to be a preview. Not a sudden live and then you can't really plan!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I quite agree. I was hoping I hadn't missed something! The lists maybe sometimes be interesting, but if a destination works for you then it is one of the best promotions going.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by miadukes
I just want there to be a preview. Not a sudden live and then you can't really plan!
I don't expect preview (if supplied) before Wednesday, and will probably be Friday.

I expect booking day to be Mon 31st July
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's how I expect it will be too. But it won't hurt just to keep an eye on things this week, in case something different happens. Good luck to all with their choice of hotel, when the list comes out. I don't really expect anything from this list. The last one provided my with an excellent stay at the HIX Porto Exponor, so I don't expect to have anything this time. But you never know.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:16 am

What should happen if you cancel a PB reservation after the cancellation deadline?

Booked the HIEx Brisbane for 3 nights at 3 x 5000 points. Thought I had cancelled but when I checked my account on day of proposed arrival I had not and cancellation deadline was day before.

Cancellation terms are :Canceling your reservation or failing to show will result in a charge for 1 night per room to your credit card.

What my account shows is 3 x 5000 points refunded to my account and a new charge for 20000 points being deducted.

Should I be up for 1 night at the PB cost of 5000 points or the standard night award cost of 20000 points?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:32 pm

Tweet from IHG

IHG Rewards Club‏
More
Our *new* PointBreaks list will go live Monday, July 31, here: http://ihg.cm/BXkCMR (page now shows only hotels from the current list)
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Should I be up for 1 night at the PB cost of 5000 points or the standard night award cost of 20000 points?
Try pleading your case to a live agent. It's most reasonable to interpret your penalty as 1 day at the reserved rate, not the rate in effect for new bookings.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Try pleading your case to a live agent. It's most reasonable to interpret your penalty as 1 day at the reserved rate, not the rate in effect for new bookings.
I think the penalty is the rack rate of the first night of your reservation in money not points.
But i may be wrong.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by winkny
I think the penalty is the rack rate of the first night of your reservation in money not points.
But i may be wrong.
This is how my PB reservations were worded. However, I either stayed at the hotels, or cancelled the reservations ahead of the deadlines. So, I'm not able to verify what the actual "penalty" was.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Tweet from IHG

IHG Rewards Club‏
More
Our *new* PointBreaks list will go live Monday, July 31, here: http://ihg.cm/BXkCMR (page now shows only hotels from the current list)
Gee, I hope they are not doing away with the Preview.... It really helps to plan in advance and increase the likelihood of a firm booking...
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by MaxVO
The penalty is identified as financial: "Canceling your reservation or failing to show will result in a charge for 1 night per room to your credit card".

Normally it would be the 'the current best flexible rate' for the first night of the reservation.

I would personally rather forfeit the 20,000 points valued at $ 120.00 than pay $ 180 USD best flexible rate and get nothing in return for the expenditure.

mxm135
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by username
Gee, I hope they are not doing away with the Preview.... It really helps to plan in advance and increase the likelihood of a firm booking...
Ya, that would be a bummer. I was able to prioritize which properties to book first before PB rooms dried up. The last one I booked and visited is one of handful still available ....
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Aren't the bloggers normally all over this? They usuall post the links with the previews and let you know when the booking goes live? That's how I have been informed in the past..
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
What should happen if you cancel a PB reservation after the cancellation deadline?

Booked the HIEx Brisbane for 3 nights at 3 x 5000 points. Thought I had cancelled but when I checked my account on day of proposed arrival I had not and cancellation deadline was day before.

Cancellation terms are :Canceling your reservation or failing to show will result in a charge for 1 night per room to your credit card.

What my account shows is 3 x 5000 points refunded to my account and a new charge for 20000 points being deducted.

That's brutal but probably in the Ts&C's.
I guess they want to deter people from booking PBs immediately on a whim then cancelling when they look at their diaries more closely as others could have made use of the rooms at PB rates (not suggesting you did this but it goes on sadly).
I'd pursue and see if they will charge the 1night penalty at the booked rate, not the price at the moment it's cancelled.
Shame you had to cancel at all. Hope you get some points back.

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Jul 25, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.