Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:43 pm

Well that geography argument was fun... back to our regularly scheduled speculating --
it seems like "last monday of the month" has been the steady date for the list to go live, but does that still hold when the last Monday is only the 24th? I can't recall one quite this early in the month. Anyone remember if it has been this early before? Or remember if they've moved it off the last monday before?

I'm not sure why I bother putting thought into this, it's almost certainly more than anyone over at IHG is putting into it...
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stets
Well that geography argument was fun... back to our regularly scheduled speculating --
it seems like "last monday of the month" has been the steady date for the list to go live, but does that still hold when the last Monday is only the 24th? I can't recall one quite this early in the month. Anyone remember if it has been this early before? Or remember if they've moved it off the last monday before?

I'm not sure why I bother putting thought into this, it's almost certainly more than anyone over at IHG is putting into it...
Yes it has been that early before. I won't be surprised (maybe 60% of chance) to see a pre-view on 21st and have it bookable by 24th.

But give that 1st May is a major holiday in China, I would say 30% chance of this list being delayed too!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:24 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

I have deleted a number of posts, which were in no way related to pointbeaks. Please stay on topic.

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chongcao
Yes it has been that early before. I won't be surprised (maybe 60% of chance) to see a pre-view on 21st and have it bookable by 24th.

But give that 1st May is a major holiday in China, I would say 30% chance of this list being delayed too!
it would be great if booking starts on the 24th....i'm going to be traveling from the 29th-3rd in areas with very unreliable internet....don't want to miss the opportunity to book something before it gets sold out....

hoping for something in the state of ny between nyc & buffalo....will be driving this route twice over the next few months....also hoping for something near iad....have to spend 10-15 nights in this area in may & june....
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keyser
it would be great if booking starts on the 24th....i'm going to be traveling from the 29th-3rd in areas with very unreliable internet....don't want to miss the opportunity to book something before it gets sold out....

hoping for something in the state of ny between nyc & buffalo....will be driving this route twice over the next few months....also hoping for something near iad....have to spend 10-15 nights in this area in may & june....
You'd better to book a room now and modify the reservation once the PB starts.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chongcao
You'd better to book a room now and modify the reservation once the PB starts.
rooms have been booked since february....
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Loyalty Lobby has a teaser 'top ten' list up:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/04/20/s...-july-31-2017/

IHG Rewards Club is about to launch their next round of PointBreaks hotels that are available for bookings and stays April 24 – July 31, 2017, although the most popular hotels will drop off the list fast.
For any Olympic sports fans, Budapest is hosting the World Aquatics Championships (swimming, diving ,water polo, synchro) from July 14-30 and the Hungarians love their aquatics. Should be fun and lively competition.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:45 pm

I will be visiting So Cal in Jul. I will be there for either 3 nights or 6 nights. Assuming this list has a hotel that works for me, can I make two separate 3-night reservations and cancel one if I end up staying for only 3 nights?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:23 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by beachmouse

For any Olympic sports fans, Budapest is hosting the World Aquatics Championships (swimming, diving ,water polo, synchro) from July 14-30 and the Hungarians love their aquatics. Should be fun and lively competition.
Fly in and out of BUD on my one month Europe journey (mostly Non Russia former Warsaw pact countries), so meh on BUD ....

Looking for Slovakia, Czech Republic or Poland in May since as I understand it we are limited to two stays
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The usual interpretation has been 'two stays per property' rather than two PBs total per period.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Fly in and out of BUD on my one month Europe journey (mostly Non Russia former Warsaw pact countries), so meh on BUD ....

Looking for Slovakia, Czech Republic or Poland in May since as I understand it we are limited to two stays
Slovakia is there (Trnava), as far as I can see it's the only European hotel on the list so far. Surely there will be more?

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...ds/pointbreaks
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Slovakia is there (Trnava), as far as I can see it's the only European hotel on the list so far. Surely there will be more?

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...ds/pointbreaks
you checked the old list. try this link from Monday to see the new list.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmouse

http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/04/20/s...-july-31-2017/
great news....i was hoping bookings would start from the 24th....^^
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: IHG
Jjust beware that the hotel in Budapest is quite a distance outside the city itself.

Has anyone been to Vilinus? Do you recommend the city as well as the hotel?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Has anyone been to Vilinus? Do you recommend the city as well as the hotel?
Vilnius is a wonderful city to visit. It's my favourite of the three Baltic capitals. In the past I've stayed with friends/colleagues so I can't give any specific recommendations for hotels but next weekend I'll be staying at the Crowne Plaza for the first time.

If CP Vilnius appears on Points Breaks and I'm able to catch it in time I'll cancel my flex booking and use the points instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.