Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Ikaz
Same here, I ended up with 3 rooms, I only noticed due to my points balance that was decreasing (no confirmation email when I got the error message), it happened when I booked for 1 person, went through fine when I put 2 people for some reason. Cancelled the unwanted bookings without problem
OK yeah i never got a confirmation for the second booking but it still shows up on my account which is good because I cancelled the first one.

Probably glitch due to I think i was refreshing and looking right when they went live.

but all is well. i am happy this pointsbreak.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Success! CP Vilnius for 3 nights. Did anyone else notice that it says "Breakfast included" for the points rate? Is that true?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:36 am
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Old list still showing but new pointbreaks are bookable.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:42 am

Got two reservations at the HIE Krabi, when I was already going to be in Thailand over Memorial Day weekend. Score!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by finlandokie
Per usual, the one I wanted is "full". Berlin for 28-29 April.
I was able to get 2 rooms (4 nights each) at Berlin. It looks like it's a 10 minute tram ride from city center but it's free so I can deal with the commute.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by miadukes
i am happy this pointsbreak.
same here....2 hotels worked out very well for me....saved over 80k points in total....
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:53 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by rtraveler
I was able to get 2 rooms (4 nights each) at Berlin. It looks like it's a 10 minute tram ride from city center but it's free so I can deal with the commute.
In for 5 nights in first part of May. Been to much of Europe, but first time in Germany.

And after half an hour my points for error double booking finally back in account, just as I was on hold trying to call 877 number ^

The 2 nights I wanted in Budapest OTOH .... sold out

Or is it that I can only make two separate bookings? That should not be it, as after the second erroneous Berlin booking I was able to book 4 nights in Brno for first week in May.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:10 am

Got everything I wanted. Spent 10 minutes afterwards trying to figure out why I had lost 15k more points than I should have -- eventually discovering a reservation had been double booked (as others are reporting). I found it very strange that we didn't get a confirmation email for the double booking (but did get an email for the cancellation). Took a while, but the points did eventually show up in my account again. The other odd thing -- the double booking was on my second booking for a property, so I had 3 pb bookings for a single property for a while.

Huge PB for me. I'll be back in North America driving around this summer and this list came through big-time for that. Nothing great on the list, but a lot that is very convenient for me. I refuse to use my ihg points for anything other than PB's, and I just went a long way towards burning through my stockpile of points.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:15 am

Weekends in the summer are all gone for Waterville, Maine. Could they have been all booked that fast or the hotel playing games?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by moe8555
Success! CP Vilnius for 3 nights. Did anyone else notice that it says "Breakfast included" for the points rate? Is that true?

Noticed and screenshot. Keep copy.

And during VNO closure many carriers divert to KUN, only 1h+ drive away.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
I scored 3 nights in Strasbourg in June - driving up there, so the location is no problem. Too busy to do anything else this season.

Looking forward to the next list now. I am at a loose end for 3 weeks in late October, and that's always dangerous...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
I was able to book one hotel three times. Should I cancel one of the three stays? Am a bit wary that otherwise, the last stay (which is the most important one to me) gets cancelled by IHG...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by fppmongo
I was able to book one hotel three times. Should I cancel one of the three stays? Am a bit wary that otherwise, the last stay (which is the most important one to me) gets cancelled by IHG...
In my experience, they don't.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:56 am

Scored 2 nights at the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS & SUITES BENTON HARBOR. For people living in the Chicago area, this is actually a great cheap getaway. It's close to the Indiana Dunes, St. Joseph, and the SW Michigan wineries and breweries. For $30/night with a free breakfast, it's a steal.

Paid rates are around $200+ for summer weekends. This is the most expensive time of the year for that area, and I'm a little surprised that the hotel is on pointbreaks.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by moe8555
CP Vilnius has free breakfast for all. Also, it has free parking despite showing 6 euro per night.

Enjoy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.