Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
What if your earlier reservation of a standard room had already been upgraded to an executive room? If you book again and cancel the existing one you have to hope that they'll upgrade you once more (this time for a points booking) - which will be made harder if your stay is right at the start of the Promo period.

I'm going to CP Vilnius next Friday and this is my current situation. Since there's no lounge it's not the end of the world if I don't get an Executive room but I'd like to keep the upgrade that's been registered if possible.
So keep the existing reservation, book another one under the Pointbreaks promo, then call to see if they can upgrade the Pointbreaks one. If not, then you can decide which one to keep and which one to cancel.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
Crikey, one American Candlewood Suites already
unavailable mid May to points guests...
I thought Pointbreaks rooms are guaranteed everyday during the promotion until they are sold out?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by travelbarefeet
I thought Pointbreaks rooms are guaranteed everyday during the promotion until they are sold out?
Well no Pointbreaks rooms are available for mid-May yet.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
I really enjoyed a stay at the AO Nang Krabi.
upgraded to direct pool access and it was lovely.
To access the beach you have to go out the front of the hotel, across the road and its there.
I can recommend the hotel & staff for sure.

Separate kids pool and play area is away from the adult pool & pool bar that direct pool access rooms have :-)
If I were planning to be in Thailand within the promo timeframe, 5k is an absolute bargain.
No idea of weather in Krabi this time of year so look it up.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by JustinIreland

Berlin is an expensive city, I stayed in the HI Berlin City East Side, and it was an excellent hotel, at regular rates the hotel on the PB list isn't really worth it but for Points it can probably be worth it
It is the HI (City East) on Landsberger Allee that is on the upcoming PB list. Not the new one (East Side Gallery) next to the O2 Arena.

Brno isn't bad but I was there a few weeks ago so don't need to go again, Budapest is 40-60 minutes on a bus or bus+,metro combination and not included on any transport tickets and tickets are not so easy to buy because they're for outside the city boundaries, so I felt it wasn't worth the hassle and stayed in an ACCOR hotel instead.
The regional train also stops at the Budaors station and is an easy way to get into the city. But I guess it would also depend on where you are trying to get to in Budapest. On the plus side, it is right next to a megasized TESCO store.

Last edited by Fanjet; Apr 22, 2017 at 12:25 am
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:57 am

Arras would be nice during mainsquare festival, but hotel already completely sold out, so guess no availability for pointbreaks
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:25 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

I have updated the thread with all pointbreak hotels, which could be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...hg-hotels.html
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:47 am

CP Nagasaki would be great next week, except...

As the ANA Crowne Plaza Nagasaki Gloverhill is undergoing renovations, business is temporarily suspended in order to prepare for construction during : January 4, 2017 - April 28, 2017. We truly apologize to our guests for the great inconvenience this may cause, and truly appreciate your understanding concerning this.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:16 pm

Brno = Pretty good if nothing special
Helsinki = Very mixed Reviews on TA
Arras = Seems ok but not really a touristy destination
Strasbourg = Pretty good and has swimming pool!
Berlin = Poor Reviews
Budapest = Good hotel but far out from Budapest.
Karlshrue = Almost new hotel, latest generation, seems good place.
Milan = Very poor reviews and in bad need of modernisation
Dabrowa Gornicza = Very good hotel, but more of a business place, nothing to see there really
Porto = Decent Business hotel, half an hour from city
Moscow = Seems fairly good
Madrid = Average reviews and location.
Similar reaction to these properties - it's nice to see any European properties near major destinations during high summer season, but the locations for almost all of these are terrible. Many of them have spotty availability too so finding availability for desired dates may be a challenge.

I saw the Berlin property and got excited about adding a Berlin stop to my summer travels, but that property looks exceptionally tired. With Berlin's wealth of cheap hotels with decent locations and (relatively) expensive public transit staying that far out rarely makes sense. Check their TA pics for some hot CRT TV action too

Porto is intriguing, but similarly it's a very affordable city to bother with staying that far out of the city center.

The Madrid property looks more like a below average airport hotel. Like the other cities above Madrid is very affordable so staying at a poorly run HIX near the airport seems a poor decision.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by travelbarefeet
So keep the existing reservation, book another one under the Pointbreaks promo, then call to see if they can upgrade the Pointbreaks one. If not, then you can decide which one to keep and which one to cancel.
Am I doing something wrong or are the two hotels in MD I am checking sold out of the 5k rates already? Can't get it to show on all the different dates I am trying.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:00 pm

Not live until Monday, probably around 11-12 central time, if follows last time.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: IHG Spire, HH Diamond
Strasbourg = Pretty good and has swimming pool!
The so called "swimming pool" is actually a big outdoor bath with only a 0.9m depth.

Also the property is located deep in suburb near the highway crossing, so you need a car to go anywere.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:55 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by Animator
The so called "swimming pool" is actually a big outdoor bath with only a 0.9m depth.

Also the property is located deep in suburb near the highway crossing, so you need a car to go anywere.
How is the location for a visit to the country side?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Moscow = Seems fairly good
The hotel itself is fine, but it's located 4km outside of the city (ring road), 6km to the nearest metro station. There is some public transport, but the stop is a few hundred meters from the hotel, and getting to the center of Moscow won't be easy, especially for those with no knowledge of Russian. Taxi to the downtown will probably cost somewhere about $15-20, depending on traffic.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by lyst
Not live until Monday, probably around 11-12 central time, if follows last time.
Does that mean for those of us in Europe that bookings will open about 6 hours later given the time difference? Central Time is Chicago time, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.