Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by JustinIreland
The way that works for me is that I have the rate/room select screen open on the day pointbreaks are going life and keep refreshing it until it shows 5,000 per night, I have never not got a hotel by doing this.
Let me guess... you're the guy who got Indigo Krakow in Q1 that way!

I'm the guy who missed out on that one. I figured out afterwards that the way you just described is the best option.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
This list looks a bit meh. As others have said, a couple of decent looking options in Europe, but most of them are not well located. A quick weekend in Brno and/or Strasbourg are on the maybe list for me.

Dabrowa Gornicza looks like a barren location at first, until you realise it's within an hour's drive of Katowice, Krakow and Auschwitz. If I thought I could get any more than 3 days off in a row in the summer, I would be straight on it. Sadly the drive from my home (10 hour's or so) is too long for such a short trip.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: IHG
Generally the way that it works for check-ins and upgrades in my experience is that often they are assigned on day of arrival in the mornings, now it's not always like that but often it is in my experience.

Berlin is an expensive city, I stayed in the HI Berlin City East Side, and it was an excellent hotel, at regular rates the hotel on the PB list isn't really worth it but for Points it can probably be worth it,

Brno isn't bad but I was there a few weeks ago so don't need to go again, Budapest is 40-60 minutes on a bus or bus+,metro combination and not included on any transport tickets and tickets are not so easy to buy because they're for outside the city boundaries, so I felt it wasn't worth the hassle and stayed in an ACCOR hotel instead.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:28 pm

hey guys,
this will be a super dumb question, but could you give a link to "rate/room select screen"? or a screenshot.

I want to be prepared for Monday
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Let me guess... you're the guy who got Indigo Krakow in Q1 that way!

I'm the guy who missed out on that one. I figured out afterwards that the way you just described is the best option.
Make sure you pick reward nights on the rate choice as well., because that'll make it show up first in the rates list and also make sure you are logged into your IHG account so literally you can hit book room, and then tick the box for the terms and hit reserve on next page and done.

I got a few days in Indigo Krakow and the service and welcome there was very very good, they seemed to push the boat out even more for Reward Nights than for normal guests, few freebies, points, discounted breakfast, upgrade, free room service, newspaper, late check out offer, can't speak highly enough of the place.

Really though on PointBreaks and Reward Nights in general it's a case of YMMV, some hotels push the boat out even more than for paid stays whilst others won't give you more than a non Rewards Club member.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: OneWorld, SkyTeam, StarAlliance
Is 5000 point rate available now? I randomly clicked a few for May, June, July dates, none of them is bookable for 5000 points.

Or do we have to wait after 4/24?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:38 pm

Won't go on sale until Monday,
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Won't go on sale until Monday,
Which time zone?

Currently in flyover country, so hate to have to stay up until 1 a.m. Central Time @:-)
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Which time zone?

Currently in flyover country, so hate to have to stay up until 1 a.m. Central Time @:-)
The time it becomes bookable varies, but it usually doesn't happen before mid-morning EST. Sometimes, it's later than that.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
The problem is whilst at first glance the EU list has some major cities, a lot of the hotels either get poor reviews or are generally not great location wise.
I've given up long ago on good locations in major cities for pointsbreaks and I think you should too. I now assume if I get one in a city I want to visit, it will be in a non central location. A suburban hotel in/near a major city is still a bargain at 5k a night.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Berlin is an expensive city, I stayed in the HI Berlin City East Side, and it was an excellent hotel, at regular rates the hotel on the PB list isn't really worth it but for Points it can probably be worth it,
5+ years ago Berlin was a fairly cheap city for hotels but now it is distinctly in the moderate price bracket.

I would not call it an expensive city as it is still much cheaper than most other major Western European cities e.g. Paris, London, Rome, but definitely more expensive than it used to be.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Crikey, one American Candlewood Suites already
unavailable mid May to points guests...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Staying on CP Vilnius... Does anyone know if points bookings as a Plat will still likely get you an upgrade to an Executive room?

Come to think of it, I can't even find definite evidence that this property has a lounge!
I'm always upgraded as a Platinum. No lounge however
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT, United, IHG PLT, SPG, HHonors

Berlin is not that expensive, at least it wasn't two summers ago. I found a 4 star hotel in my preferred location (the former center of West Berlin) for about 70 euros/night. The HIX in that area would have been about 90 euros, while the Crown Plaza about 120. The HIX did not have an in room safe, Crown Plaza and Intercontinental were more than I was willing to pay for a city like Berlin, that's why I went with a different chain. Still the HI Berlin City East side is good for 5000 points, as long as you are OK with its not so great location. I do not see any hotels on this list with awesome locations.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, United, IHG PLT, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Calling this list of domestic properties "complete garbage" would be an insult to actual garbage.
The list of US properties has been really bad for a long time. Canada used to have some well located properties few years ago, but not lately. I remember booking Holiday Inn Centre Ville and Intercontinental in Montreal for 5000 points. Now the list in Canada is just as bad as the US list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.