Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 18, 17, 12:01 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: 2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: scubaccr
Wiki Link
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...intbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-clu...breaks-preview
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 21, 17, 4:11 am   #376

Programs: BA G, Spire, Hilton D, KF G, Accor P, SPG Plat, Radisson G, Shangri-La Jade, Hertz PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtripper View Post
Vilnius is a wonderful city to visit. It's my favourite of the three Baltic capitals. In the past I've stayed with friends/colleagues so I can't give any specific recommendations for hotels but next weekend I'll be staying at the Crowne Plaza for the first time.

If CP Vilnius appears on Points Breaks and I'm able to catch it in time I'll cancel my flex booking and use the points instead.
Good to make a note that VNO is closed for the summer: "July 14 - August 18, 2017 Vilnius Airport will be carrying out reconstruction of the runway. Aircrafts will not be landing in Vilnius during the specified period, and communication with Lithuania will be ensured through other air gateways - most of the airlines are planning to move their flights to Kaunas and Palanga for this period"

Just for those who plan to fly in. Kaunas how ever is only an hour or so away from Vilnius by car.
finflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 7:46 am   #377

Programs: LH, SK, SQ, BAEC; Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat Amb, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Kaunas is not only close but worth a visit in its own right.

LOT have just opened up a connection to Palanga also.
yurtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 9:40 am   #378

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Booking starts "Monday morning US time"
Would that be 9A Eastern Zone? Other? 0:00.1A?!
How does IHG handle individuals grossly overbooking
many properties only to cancel most later on...?
Thanks. (no I'm not doing it)
TravelPhotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 9:57 am   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinIreland View Post
Jjust beware that the hotel in Budapest is quite a distance outside the city itself.

Has anyone been to Vilinus? Do you recommend the city as well as the hotel?
Nice city and excellent Crowne Plaza. A couple of km outside of Old Town, but great hotel with supermarket next door in a quiet area.
boris10475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 10:17 am   #380

its 12:18 and the list is not up yet.

Is it supposed to come out at 12?
vesnushka23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 10:52 am   #381

Programs: UA & CM Platinum,TK Elite, Amex Platinum, Hertz CP, National Exec,Hyatt Diamond,SPG Gold,Vons Club
Yes, just checked and I am unable to see the preview (still showing the old..)

9:55 am Los Angeles
Flying Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 10:54 am   #382

Programs: LH, SK, SQ, BAEC; Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat Amb, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Staying on CP Vilnius... Does anyone know if points bookings as a Plat will still likely get you an upgrade to an Executive room?

Come to think of it, I can't even find definite evidence that this property has a lounge!
Old Apr 21, 17, 11:30 am   #383

Programs: Qantas Gold, Amex Platinum, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, CC Gold
Looks like it is up. I know people say this every time but the list does seem to get weaker each time. That said, for a summer list, it is pretty good for properties in Europe - Berlin, Budapest, Madrid, Moscow. Not a huge amount to get excited about in North America..
Enigma368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 11:32 am   #384

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma368 View Post
Looks like it is up. I know people say this every time but the list does seem to get weaker each time. There are a couple of good properties in Europe, Berlin and Budapest but not seeing anything interesting in North America.
i only see the old list ..
Mauibaby2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 11:32 am   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesnushka23 View Post
its 12:18 and the list is not up yet.

Is it supposed to come out at 12?
The new preview is now on the IHG blog:
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-clu...breaks-preview

With date typos we've come to expect with IHG:
1) Dateline of post:
"April 21, 2016 |Africa, Asia-Pacific, Australia and Oceania, Deals, Europe, Middle East, North America, South America" -- actually, they just fixed this one....
2) "Today is a preview of the properties on the list. Bookmark this page so you can return to these links on October 31st to book the discounted rate." -- I assume they will fix this soon to state April 24 (Monday), nobody at IHG seems to proofread this stuff before it gets posted....
Dadofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 11:38 am   #386

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Platinum
Not a single Intercontinental damn
Mauibaby2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 11:41 am   #387

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Calling this list of domestic properties "complete garbage" would be an insult to actual garbage.
nineworldseries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 11:47 am   #388

It's now more accurate to call it Holiday Inn Points Breaks than anything else.

In Europe, everything is HI/HIX apart from the CP Vilnius, which is likely to go quickly, just as Indigo Krakow did last time.
In Asia it's the same (except you also have the HUALUXE alongside the ANA CP in Nagasaki).
Old Apr 21, 17, 11:49 am   #389
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
2 properties that work for me so i'm happy with the list....
Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 11:50 am   #390

Programs: Qantas Gold, Amex Platinum, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, CC Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtripper View Post
It's now more accurate to call it Holiday Inn Points Breaks than anything else.

In Europe, everything is HI/HIX apart from the CP Vilnius, which is likely to go quickly, just as Indigo Krakow did last time.
In Asia it's the same (except you also have the HUALUXE alongside the ANA CP in Nagasaki).
In fairness, I now only hope for a decent HI or HIE somewhere I need to go. There are some good locations on this list - Krabi, Brisbane and Kuala Lumpar will go fast I'm guessing, and like I said in Europe there are good properties - I would be happy if I was still living in Europe to have the options for Berlin, Budapest and Madrid in peak summer.

So yeah at first glance, this looks to me to be a pretty reasonable global list but a very weak North American one - Austin, Philadelphia South and Chicago airport look to be the highlights...

Panama is always on the list...
Enigma368 is offline   Reply With Quote