Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
I was able to snag 4 nights in March at the HIX in Antrim, UK (Northern Ireland). Only later did I discover that my stay would be inclusive of St. Patrick's Day... SWEET!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by Kremmen
The various URLs for the pointbreaks pages now either say "Page Not Found" or give 404 errors.
Use this URL: https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...intbreaks.html
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by veeRob
I guess they actually noticed! Even the link off their own blog didn't work when I posted. Now it does.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:34 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Am I the only one who noticed that Candlewood Suites Nogales, located at 875 North Frank Reed Road in Nogales, Arizona is listed under Alabama

It's been that was for weeks, possibly right from the beginning, but there were so many properties I didn't notice then.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I noticed it and assumed someone accidentally deleter the proper 'Arizona' at some point.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: IHG Spire elite, Marriott Gold
Updating from 18th floor of intercontinental Santo Domingo:

Great property, ate at "The Market" for a very delicious fish market dinner. Super new hotel with 3 concept restaurants that reminds me of Vegas properties. Will have to check out the pool tomorrow, the pool opens until 11, but there is a DJ after 6 so it's a bit hard to swim with everyone watching
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by justaagirl
Updating from 18th floor of intercontinental Santo Domingo:

Great property, ate at "The Market" for a very delicious fish market dinner. Super new hotel with 3 concept restaurants that reminds me of Vegas properties. Will have to check out the pool tomorrow, the pool opens until 11, but there is a DJ after 6 so it's a bit hard to swim with everyone watching
What's the general area like? Safe? Safe for a solo female traveling on foot at night?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: IHG Spire elite, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by db1234db1234
What's the general area like? Safe? Safe for a solo female traveling on foot at night?
solo female traveling here. I walked 15 minutes to eat at a nearby restaurant tonight, it feels pretty safe, although things are a little bit rough around the edges. Uber is about 2 dollars for my ride back, so I would say it's perfectly okay to uber somewhere and then uber back, provided both places have wifi.

There are also taxis near clubs, but you have to negotiate the fare and many taxis look run down. I ate at the hotel last night and "The Market" was quite delicious. They do charge a 18% hotel and restaurant tax and 10% mandatory service charge, fyi, so add 28% to the price of your food/drink lol
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
So a handful of states are missing from their list of available properties in North America. Is that a technical glitch, or is it their usual practice to remove hotels from the list? (pointsbreaks newbie here, I usually don't need the hotels in the a** end of nowhere that they make available)
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
When the hotel sells out of Pointbreaks for all days in the period, it drops off the list and any cancelled PB rooms will reappear at their normal redemption rates.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Dumb question here, but I was expecting the new Pointbreaks list to surface around about now. But I think I must have it wrong and they come out every 3 months and can be booked for the following 2 months. So the next offer should appear in late April, right?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Concerto
Dumb question here, but I was expecting the new Pointbreaks list to surface around about now. But I think I must have it wrong and they come out every 3 months and can be booked for the following 2 months. So the next offer should appear in late April, right?
The new list normally comes out when the old list is about to hit it's expiration. So a week or less before the end of April.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
The new list normally comes out when the old list is about to hit it's expiration. So a week or less before the end of April.
Usually (but not always) the list goes live the last Monday of the month - highest likelihood for the next list to launch would be 4/24.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:31 pm

Sitting typing this at HI Bangkok Silom during Songkran right now. Not bad for 5k. Very happy with the last list ^
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: IHG
Krakow was excellent by the way for anyone who still is to go there, the staff are amazing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.