Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pointbreaks Gone?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Pointbreaks Gone?

Maybe I missed something but I can no longer see any info about Pointbreaks on the IHG website. Are Pointbreaks now gone?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:39 am

I wouldn't be surprised if they're gone. It seems that people were booking Pointbreaks rooms and then selling them to third parties. Especially in China.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Nothing has changed.
https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glo...ds/pointbreaks
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Maybe I missed something but I can no longer see any info about Pointbreaks on the IHG website. Are Pointbreaks now gone?
The main reservation page has link to PB hotels for current period by geographies, Europe, USA etc, with hotels listed by country, and hotels removed if n PBs left

Use this source t check which PBs have rooms left. Obviously a timelag exists between individual hotels PBs being exhausted and IHG updating the linked webpage
However this is much quicker than using original list from weeks ago to check one hotel at a time, as popular (or good value) PBs get booked out in first day - first week.

nb
PBs are only a subset of total award night pool at an individual hotel, so after that number of PBs are booked the hotel falls back to standard award points value per night
It is also true that a cap on PBs per night can exist, so eg you could finf hotel has zero PBs on saturday night , but there are PBs on a Monday or other less poular night
(Very frustrating in UK, you want a week of PB nights, but can't as all Sat PB nights booked as solo nights for clubbing , eg Birmingham UK )
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
The page IS gone, the list is still on their blog though and you can book hotels at 5K

https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-clu...breaks-preview
Attached Images  
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Just saw the same Page Not Found error. Not good.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Great, IHG I.T. implemented new html webpages, so reservations link is now STAYS link

and apart from being worse than before, OP is correct the option to choose Reward Nights link Then PB List of hotels link is no longer provided

looks like old pages remained if one knew origina URL to PB pages, in case IHG had to revert if hit problems after implementation of new look screens ... but those old "hidden" pages are now deleted
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
This is the new direct link:

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...intbreaks.html

You can also get there from the Reward Nights overview page:

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...rd-nights.html

IHG's IT apparently has never heard about creating redirects when launching a new website. So the link that comes up on google is broken :-(
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
The page IS gone, the list is still on their blog though and you can book hotels at 5K

https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-clu...breaks-preview
It was there when I posted it.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CalItalian
It was there when I posted it.
Its still there, I see it
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Its still there, I see it
You're correct, it's back. But when I replied to his reply to my link posting yesterday it was unavailable.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Points Break seems to be 90% catering for the USA market. There's just a handful of Points Break hotels for the rest of the world!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:27 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rumbataz
Points Break seems to be 90% catering for the USA market. There's just a handful of Points Break hotels for the rest of the world!
Keep in mind hotels disappear off the list when they have sold the number of rooms allocated for pointsbreaks. While the US does feature heavily simply because that's where the IHG footprint is thickest, when a new list is released hotels all over the world feature, as can be seen by the historical listings thread.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I doubt Pointbreaks have been terminated. A new thread has been created for discussing this year's Pointbreaks offers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...on-thread.html
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As mentioned above, they changed the website structure somewhat so the URL changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.