Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:11 pm

So I followed some others here and wrote an email to CS through the missing points section of the IHG site this morning.

Right now, 4PM PST, I checked online for my activity and it looks like all the achievements have been credited to my IHG rewards account (including the missing from Dashboard Book Once/Stay Once in January).

OTOH, I went to the accelerate dashboard and it still shows me as only having completed 4 of 6 challenges. But actually I don't mind. The same thing happened last Q with Accelerate and not all the achievements (which I did complete) were posted the dashboard. I think because it thought I didn't do everything last Q, it kept the challenges in the same range for this Q. I heard some people got ridiculous challenges this Q after everything was completed last Q.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just checked my account after reading the above post by Jigen666 and all my task bonuses have now posted, including the January stay 1K that vanished from the dashboard. (They hadn't about three hours earlier.) However, no change to the dashboard which reflects none of the just posted task completions.

Now will see how long it takes for my Mastercard gift card promotion to post!

Last edited by Shareholder; Feb 8, 2017 at 5:51 pm
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:30 pm

Just an update. My Dashboard says all challenges are completed and even the Book Once Stay Once in January now shows up as well.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Jigen666
Just an update. My Dashboard says all challenges are completed and even the Book Once Stay Once in January now shows up as well.
Same here. All updated and showing now. All tasks complete, points posted. Wonder how much contacting IHG had to do with this?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I am DONE with this promo. ALL of my offers have been completed (for checkout through 2/1/2017 showing on dashboard), are showing on the dashboard (as of the evening of yesterday, Wednesday 2/8) and all points have been posted to my account (as of the evening of Wednesday, 2/8).

This IS the best IHG promo ever as far as posting times for me. I couldn't be happier. No glitches at all and pretty darn timely.

One note, I had a stay that started on 12/30 with a 1/2 checkout and that entire stay counted for the promo even through the promo was not supposed to start until 1/1.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Suggest you call the customer service center in your region and ask. An app is not the same as the mobile site unless the T&Cs of that particular task say so. Post your response please.
customer Service answered:

Please be advised that you need to book a qualifying stay using the IHG App to complete your Accelerate offer.
For your reference, you may visit this link: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/support/mobile
it seems, that the mobile Website do not works for this task
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:57 am

Just had all my bonus points post ~5 days after my last stay, including the 22k for completing 4 challenges.

I think I'm starting to see why people stick with IHG despite its underwhelming status benefits.

Does anyone know if this is a quarterly, bi-annual, whenever-they-feel-like-it thing?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SansSerif
Just had all my bonus points post ~5 days after my last stay, including the 22k for completing 4 challenges.

I think I'm starting to see why people stick with IHG despite its underwhelming status benefits.

Does anyone know if this is a quarterly, bi-annual, whenever-they-feel-like-it thing?
It's typically 3-4 promotions a year. Typically global, but the last few summers, the USA one has been different than the one the rest of the world gets because of a MasterCard sponsor agreement.

If you're okay with free base level rooms, IHG is very good for that kind of thing.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jotxl

Ok, but did you also point out to them that your only mobile device is a Windows phone, and they have not created an app for it? If so, what was their response to that?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jotxl

Maybe you can find a friend with an iPhone/iPod/iPad and set up the App under your account, make a booking and delete the App.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:15 am

Do points & cash stays count for activity on all criteria in the Accelerate promo?

I have the following promos:
- Book and stay Once Get 5,000 pts
- Stay More, Earn More, 10k
- Discover Our Brands, 19k
- Stay for Less and Earn (Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash.)
- Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card, 1500 pts

I'm assuming one night on the points & cash stay will trigger the 1st, 4th and 5th criteria, so getting 5000+ 2000 + 1500 = 8500 pts?

Right now I'm seeing rates for 10k points + $40 night rates, so that Accelerate will almost make it a night for $40, since 8.5k points are returned to me?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: IHG Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Do points & cash stays count for activity on all criteria in the Accelerate promo?
No. Only for Stay for Less and Earn.
Please, read T&C for each task carefully.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: IHG Spire- Marriott-Hilton Diamond sort of- Choice Diamond

Yes - Book and stay Once Get 5,000 pts
Yes- Stay for Less and Earn (Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash.)
Yes- Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card, 1500 pts

I'm assuming one night on the points & cash stay will trigger the 1st, 4th and 5th criteria, so getting 5000+ 2000 + 1500 = 8500 pts?

Right now I'm seeing rates for 10k points + $40 night rates, so that Accelerate will almost make it a night for $40, since 8.5k points are returned to me?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: IHG Spire- Marriott-Hilton Diamond sort of- Choice Diamond
Originally Posted by Animator
No. Only for Stay for Less and Earn.
Please, read T&C for each task carefully.
One stay can fulfill many tasks. It has been this way for several promotions ^
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:49 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold

- Book and stay Once Get 5,000 pts
- Stay for Less and Earn (Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash.)
- Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card, 1500 pts

Your assumption is not correct. Book and stay ... requires a Qualifying Stay. A Points and Cash Stay is a Reward Night and not a Qualifying Stay, so you wouldn't get the 5k points for completing the Book and stay task on a Stay for less stay. I don't know about the credit card spend, but as others have said, read the T&Cs for each task.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.