Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:52 pm

Does anyone know if one stay will only count towards one Accelerate requirement? I was hoping to knock 4 out with one stay:

- Stay once in Jan
- Points package
- Use IHG card
- Stay once anytime

But only the points package task is checked off despite the stay meeting all four of these qualifications ... was it always like this?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SansSerif
Does anyone know if one stay will only count towards one Accelerate requirement? I was hoping to knock 4 out with one stay:

- Stay once in Jan
- Points package
- Use IHG card
- Stay once anytime

But only the points package task is checked off despite the stay meeting all four of these qualifications ... was it always like this?
What do you mean by "checked off"? If you mean showing on your task list as completed, read back a few dozen posts. Plenty of people are reporting that only one out of several tasks (that all should have been marked either completed or in progress) have updated so far. IHG seems to have done only a partial update for very-early-Jan completed stays.

And, btw, in the last cycle, the IHG card task took about 3.5 months (for those stayed early in the cycle), in that they only posted it once for everybody, about a week or two after the promo ended. So don't hold your breath for that one.

It's not clear to me if you're asking about a stay you already completed or a future one, because you mentioned "checked off", but you also ask "will it" count, rather than "should it have counted".

Yes, I see no reason why all 4 of those tasks shouldn't be incremented by 1 with just one stay. (As long as you wait long enough for IHG to do update your task progress .)
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:15 pm

- Stay once in Jan
- Points package
- Use IHG card
- Stay once anytime

The "Use IHG" card seems to be the worst/last one to show up because it waits to get verification on your CC statement. But on the last accelerate promo, I used the card for a stay in early October and it never showed up by early December. I had to write in and they adjusted it manually, to give me my points and completion bonus. Funny thing was, the Dashboard never showed me as finishing all my achievements after they manually fixed it.

It might have been a good thing though, because my challenges for this quarter's accelerate were about the same as last quarter. I figure if the dashboard showed I completed everything, this quarter's challenges would have probably been steeper.

Last edited by Jigen666; Jan 12, 2017 at 6:38 pm
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

- Stay once in Jan
- Points package
- Use IHG card
- Stay once anytime

Apparentry, both of the Stay Once components are messed up. However, they have eight weeks to fix that as we're going to have to wait until then to contact IHG to get the card use credit resolved anyway. It's their brilliant IT dept. at work, not your math skills!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Don't start my stay-related tasks until next week, but already received my first credit for redeeming points (1K). Have three stays over the next two weeks, locking in a Cash&Points stay (Cape Town HIX 3K), a new booking stay (JFK HI 3K), a major US city stay (NYC 2.4K), and a non-North American stay (South Africa 12K) plus the January stay extra bonus (1K). Will end the month with three nights at an HI for the two weekend nights task (5K), and 5/5 nights (10K). Bonus for completing 6 of 7 required tasks is 13K for a total of 49.4K points. Lucked out on this one.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What do you mean by "checked off"? If you mean showing on your task list as completed, read back a few dozen posts. Plenty of people are reporting that only one out of several tasks (that all should have been marked either completed or in progress) have updated so far. IHG seems to have done only a partial update for very-early-Jan completed stays.

And, btw, in the last cycle, the IHG card task took about 3.5 months (for those stayed early in the cycle), in that they only posted it once for everybody, about a week or two after the promo ended. So don't hold your breath for that one.

It's not clear to me if you're asking about a stay you already completed or a future one, because you mentioned "checked off", but you also ask "will it" count, rather than "should it have counted".

Yes, I see no reason why all 4 of those tasks shouldn't be incremented by 1 with just one stay. (As long as you wait long enough for IHG to do update your task progress .)
Makes sense (sort of)! I guess I'll just hold tight until the promo ends to see how the stars align ... thanks for the info.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond

- Stay once in Jan
- Points package
- Use IHG card
- Stay once anytime

It looks like they've just run another sweep of last week's stays as mine had so far only been listed on the dashboard for the stay x nights offer but are now also showing against other offers. They seemed to update it like this in previous Accelerate promotions so always worth waiting a few more days after a stay initially appears on the dashboard for it to (hopefully) show up against other relevant offers.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Jigen666
The other challenges on my dashboard do not say I need to book in January (AFAIK), but they were booked in December, after signing up for this quarter's Accelerate. Will they count, since I'm staying in January?
My stay in January and booked in December (actually before the promo started) was counted, so still working in this promo.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
My stay in January and booked in December (actually before the promo started) was counted, so still working in this promo.
Only a few specific tasks require booking during the promotion period, so what was the specific one that triggered your credit?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olympian
It looks like they've just run another sweep of last week's stays as mine had so far only been listed on the dashboard for the stay x nights offer but are now also showing against other offers. They seemed to update it like this in previous Accelerate promotions so always worth waiting a few more days after a stay initially appears on the dashboard for it to (hopefully) show up against other relevant offers.
Well, as expected, for my Jan 4 one-night stay at an HIX, booked Jan 1 on app which I downloaded Jan 1, paid with IHG MC:

My January Stay task shows Completed, my Stay Once task shows Completed, my Stay More task (5 nights needed, I plan to skip this one) shows In Progress, my Stay Smart task (2 HIX needed) shows In Progress, my Go Places with the IHG App task (book 2 with app needed) shows in Progress, but of course my Spend on your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card task (1 stay needed) shows no progress at all .

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 13, 2017 at 12:26 pm
Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Only a few specific tasks require booking during the promotion period, so what was the specific one that triggered your credit?
I have never seen any main task which really required booking in the defined period.

already triggered:

Globetrotter Bonus
Stay More, Earn More
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Shareholder
the book, and stay in January.

i booked in Dec, and stayed in Dec/Jan, and it hasn't counted.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
After a long email exchange for the last promo regarding the Corporate Rate stay task when I was told that there was no Corporate Rate attached to my IHG Account, the end result was - tough luck , you can achieve your completion bonus by completing all the remaining tasks. So for this quarter I have had 40 nights at Accor properties and 2 at IHG properties.

For next quarter unsurprisingly again I have been set a Corporate Rate stay task and equally unsurprisingly I will have a hell of a lot of stays at any property that is not an IHG hotel.
i had the same last time, i called then, and again for this one, and they gave me a reference number, and agreed to manually adjust at the conclusion of the promo.

pm me if you want the manager's name to ask for.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
I have never seen any main task which really required booking in the defined period.

already triggered:

Globetrotter Bonus
Stay More, Earn More
I too have this belief but I am starting to doubt that is the case:
  • The two bonuses I thought I qualified from my December booked January stays and did not get points say "booked and completed between 1 January 2017 and..."
  • The two bonuses that counted say "booked at the required corporate rate and consumed by the member between 1 January 2017 and 15 April 2017" or "have been consumed by the member at any IHG brand hotels between 1 January 2017 and 15 April 2017"

One can argue that "booked at the required corporate rate and consumed by the member between 1 January 2017 and 15 April 2017 " should require January booking also

So, maybe someone took it literally and coded the program to require January booking? It is sort of bad that:
  • After you register in December, it takes you to Book Now for bookings that would not qualify and
  • They get members with these inconsistent terms and conditions
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:55 am

My first Jan stay was picked up by the promo dashboard but with INCORRECT dates!! Instead of picking up Jan 5-7 (Middle East weekend stay) it says Jan 4-6 on the dashboard. The information does not jive with my IHG account, which has the correct dates. I contacted the IHG twitter team and the Rewards support team and both acknowledged the issue with dashboard but insisted that its only a "text discrepancy" and that the system is recognizing the correct dates at their end.

Unfortunately, IHG team also confirmed that the promo DOES NOT include thursday/friday (middle east weekend) as a weekend bonus. AND that "Book and Stay" indeed have to be booked within promotion period.

I have documented these issues and their feedback with further details and pictures on my blog, if anyone is interested - http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com...celerate-2017/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.