Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOH
So any thoughts or inside information as to when the next UK Promotion will start? Don't they usually follow on quite quickly.....so May 1st?
Originally Posted by phunc
It already has. May 15th - Aug 31st 2017.
And the thread for that is here:
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by citygourmande
My "Pay with IHG Rewards Club credit card" target still hasn't been posted from a stay on 13 January. Here's the correspondence with IHG so far:

Me: Bonus points not posted yet for this stay (giving reference number etc).
IHG: Please confirm last four digits of the CC used.
Me: xxxx
IHG: Please allow up to 8 weeks after check-out for the dashboard to be updated.
Me: It has been over 8 weeks.

Only need this target met to trigger the achievement bonus...
I have also noticed a delay specifically with getting credited for the "book and pay with IHG credit card" target.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club - Platinum
One of my challenges was to book using a "bonus points package". I noted some properties have an "Ambassador bonus points package" aside from the standard "bonus points package." Does anyone know if both count for the accelerate promotion? The TnC doesn't say.

Also, has anyone experienced a case where the challenges in the dashobard doesn't update simultaneously following a stay? Like if you met 3 of the challenges but only 2 got updated and the other one gets updated a few weeks later?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I have also noticed a delay specifically with getting credited for the "book and pay with IHG credit card" target.
Originally Posted by vogriphach
One of my challenges was to book using a "bonus points package". I noted some properties have an "Ambassador bonus points package" aside from the standard "bonus points package." Does anyone know if both count for the accelerate promotion? The TnC doesn't say.

Also, has anyone experienced a case where the challenges in the dashobard doesn't update simultaneously following a stay? Like if you met 3 of the challenges but only 2 got updated and the other one gets updated a few weeks later?
Do you realize you're in a thread about an expired promo that ended a couple months ago (15 Apr)?

The link for the current promo is right above your two posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.