Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
First update on my dashboard today both tasks below completed - interesting as I haven't renewed my ambassador membership yet!

Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points. Terms

Renew Your Ambassador Membership
Earn 5,000 bonus points when you renew your Ambassador Membership. Terms
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by parklife
First update on my dashboard today both tasks below completed - interesting as I haven't renewed my ambassador membership yet!
Yes, my first (and humblest) achievement - downloading the app - just posted on my dashboard too.

500 points racked up, only 29,500 left to go!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
This could be more challenging than I first expected. One night stay with a Jan 2 checkout registered as part of the stay X nights goal but did not for the stay once, January, or credit card goals. Annoying as my only other planned travel is also prepaid IHG.
My Jan 1 stay posted as well, cautiously booked on Jan. 1 (costing me an extra $30). All appropriate tasks checked off except, of course, credit card use. Although upon closer scrutiny, I notice they have the stay dates wrong--check in was Jan. 1, out Jan. 2.
1,000 January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points. Terms
Completed stay at Pacifica, Pacifica, 12/31/2016 - 1/1/2017
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by parklife

Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points. Terms
My dashboard has also updated but is very weird at the moment

It states I have a completed task I have not done
I have two stays completed for the stay XX nights but the Stay in Jan bonus nor the Book and stay once have not updated.

No points have posted but going from past promos I expect a few adjustments to the above and points will come along soon.

IHG IT don't you just love it
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My first stay is partially correct:

Two nights towards required 13 credited and the 500 signup points are checked off.

No credit showing for January stay nor Book and Stay components, even though the stay was booked after January 1st. Wasn't expecting Pay with Your Card to work at all, assuming that would have an eight-week delay for followup.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
My dashboard is also just partially correct (for stays through check-out on January 4th).

1. Big city bonus. Correct.
2. 13% (through Jan 4th) of 30 nights. Correct to that date.
3. Earn when you redeem (points). Correct.

BUT

4. Book and Stay Once for 5000 points at any IHG brand and 5. 1000 points for a January stay were not triggered and should have been as my January 2-4 stay was a paid stay booked in 2017.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Definitely a partial update, stay once, book on the app and the bonus for January not updated, but stay 5 nights has
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
I skipped the 4Q accelerate and got:

3,000 for stay once
22,000 for 11 nights
2,500 for using corporate account twice
6,000 for 4+ nights once
2,400 for Big City (NYC, CHI, LAS, LA, WAS, DAL Metro Areas)
4,000 for weekend (Fri+Sat or Sat+Sun)
1,500 for using credit card

10,000 for achieving 6 out of 7
500 for registering
1,000 for January

Total = 52,900 - I will probably go for the 37,400 of that. It is good for the early part of January when other programs have not started their 2017 promotions. (Marriott's ends 1/15.)
Last week's stay booked in December got updated in the tracking site for:

22,000 for 11 nights
6,000 for 4+ nights once

Should have updated but did not:

3,000 for stay once
2,500 for using corporate account twice
2,400 for Big City (NYC, CHI, LAS, LA, WAS, DAL Metro Areas)
1,000 for January

Did not update as expected:

4,000 for weekend (Fri+Sat or Sat+Sun)
1,500 for using credit card

Last edited by username; Jan 11, 2017 at 4:52 pm
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,400 bonus points.

--

Does it mean I need to stay 2 different weeks for 2 night each? or just one weekend with 2 nights?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by pbd456
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,400 bonus points.

--

Does it mean I need to stay 2 different weeks for 2 night each? or just one weekend with 2 nights?
Different weekends
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by blindman
I have two stays completed for the stay XX nights but the Stay in Jan bonus nor the Book and stay once have not updated.

No points have posted but going from past promos I expect a few adjustments to the above and points will come along soon.

IHG IT don't you just love it
similar here, got 2 stays and nights track against stay xx nights and stay at x IC in certain regions. Also stay x at corp rate is marked completed as is registration one, but stay once and Jan bonus one both are not tracking yet.

What's new
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
You're off a decimal place. 41k points for $220 is a hair over 0.53cpp. That's close to the best rate available for purchase with the 100% bonus promo. I'd do the stay if it weren't a pure MR. Also, don't forget to factor in the points you'll earn from the stay-- 10/dollar base, elite bonus, arrival bonus, and 5/dollar credit card spend. Those could be another 6k points.
oops, thanks! it would be just a MR stay
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by thealphalion
When I was staying at Holiday Inn Old Sydney, I saw a poster in the elevator with a link to sign up for Accelerate 2017 with an EXTRA 2000 POINTS to start:

http://www.thealphalion.com/2017/01/...a-2000-points/
You have a PM
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by demue
similar here, got 2 stays and nights track against stay xx nights and stay at x IC in certain regions. But stay once and Jan bonus one both are not tracking yet.
Exactly the same here.
IHG IT at it's best.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:51 pm

I'm traveling overseas in a few days for 14 nights, in 3 countries and 4 IHG properties. Booked all of my stays after registering for this promo back in December. However, I recently rebooked one stay to make sure I qualify for the bonus of "Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points.", besides the rates went down on the room and I upgraded to a better room for the same price I paid before.

The other challenges on my dashboard do not say I need to book in January (AFAIK), but they were booked in December, after signing up for this quarter's Accelerate. Will they count, since I'm staying in January?

Last edited by Jigen666; Jan 12, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.