Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone at IHG Rewards club ever look at their website?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Does anyone at IHG Rewards club ever look at their website?

With a spare few minutes, I thought I would see of there were any new announcements on the IHG Rewards club website. Answer is no and the announcements made are not exactly recent.

"We're introducing an even higher membership level... even more rewards... even more benefits..."

"All the nights... accrued since January 2015 are eligible"

"More to Come... rolled out beginning in 2016".

Really? Have IHG no pride in their brand?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 10:17 am

It's my experience that big companies hire someone to "do" a website, and pay them to get one up and in place. The big reveal happens, all the VP's nod, shake hands, congratulate themselves, and check the box "complete" on the yearly goals.

Some, some few, actually have a plan to manage the website afterwards. And even fewer have plans in place to actually use/look at the website from the outside.

Most, like IHG, just check the box "done" and figure the web is self-automating, right? I mean, a web page just updates itself forever?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
For many many years, off and on, IHG has had someone monitor/participate on this board.

Our most recent failure posted on the 5th of each month, period. Answered questions he liked, ignored most everyone.

Over the years we have pointed out pricing errors, listing errors, incorrect policies, and so many many technology mistakes.

After the failed Spire rollout (ewe can call it a failed rollout now, can't we?) the latest person went silent as well. They simply could not create the rules for a program that IHG made up and forgot to flesh out.

No pride? you are very generous
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i doubt they look at the website on a PC
The last week there has been a white band which takes up over a third of the screen when you scroll down the home page showing such "useful" info as

Stay
Offers
Meetings
Our Brands
IHG® Rewards Club

Not everyone uses tablets.. but it seems increasingly geared towards using tablets or the app.

Now when i search for a hotel i can just about see 2 hotels and are constantly scrolling up and down.

oh and then there is the "Cookie Usage and Settings" big white box taking up about a quarter of the width of the screen which i have to click constantly every time I search or go back to the home page
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:20 pm

Viewing the website on an iPad is no better tbh, the white band is there as well.

I'm beginning to think they are in competition with Accor as the changes they have made recently are also awful.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Not just the reward site. In the last year, they made their web pages so much harder to find hotel info. It now takes a lot of scrolling and clicking to try to find out if a specific hotel has shuttle, pool, etc.

Yes they need to look at their own web site and try to do some searches.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I have just reinstalled firefox and Chrome
Firefox seems to have updated to a new look website. Its garbage. I have to scroll down a whole page to see the right half of the screen taken up by a map, and the left half by one hotel!

So how i have to scroll down pages and pages to view the hotels. Looks really crap and obviously designed for a city with one or two hotels. Not somewhere like london with 50plus.

Looks like switching to chrome or using the app as its dreadful now in firefox.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:39 am

zooming in on the map, and clicking a hotel just gives a number!... the left side of the screen does not even update to show the hotel clicked on!
great!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:51 am

it gets worse as you finally find a hotel to stay at!
a whole page to view each room type or payment option

also 30 seconds to load each additional screen... of which there are another 2.
Then the payment screen took 5 minutes to load, and as you would expect, there is plenty of scrolling down required to view the whole page.

Obviously designed by someone who never needs to quickly find a hotel and book it! Or has a 50 inch touchscreen given the size of each block
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Unbelievable. Don't they test these websites? Each option takes up so much real estate now that comparing hotels, or even comparing different rates at one hotel, is almost impossible. Oh, and points + cash. It doesn't show when scrolling the list of hotels anymore. You'd have to really, really love IHG, or be an employee with an employee discount, to use this website. Personally, I don't have time for this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:25 am

I just type in m.ihg.com - a better user experience despite the outdated design.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The IC site is appallingly bad lacking even the most basic information about properties it fails in its primary purpose.

i am increasingly convinced that IHG is a basket case of a company that surely cannot have a long lifespan in its current form? It is almost as if they are just begging to be bought and broken up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.