Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Copied from PointsScrounger's post:

Kindle Singles and Kindle editions of Amazon Publishing books will be offered to members based upon their membership level:

Club members will be eligible to receive one Kindle Single or Kindle book from Amazon Publishing bi-annually

Gold Elite members will be eligible to receive one Kindle Single or Kindle book from Amazon Publishing per quarter

Platinum Elite members will be eligible to receive two Kindle Singles or Kindle books from Amazon Publishing per quarter

Spire Elite members will be eligible to receive three Kindle Singles or Kindle books from Amazon Publishing per quarter

A link to this benefit can be found lower on the app screen showing your progress bar. You will be directed to the list of available titles from which to choose. Some of the choices are free to read with Amazon Prime.

This appears to be a US only offer.
Print Wikipost

New IHG benefit: Kindle Singles

Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
New IHG benefit: Kindle Singles

Kindle Singles and Kindle editions of Amazon Publishing books will be offered to members based upon their membership level:

Club members will be eligible to receive one Kindle Single or Kindle book from Amazon Publishing bi-annually

Gold Elite members will be eligible to receive one Kindle Single or Kindle book from Amazon Publishing per quarter

Platinum Elite members will be eligible to receive two Kindle Singles or Kindle books from Amazon Publishing per quarter

Spire Elite members will be eligible to receive three Kindle Singles or Kindle books from Amazon Publishing per quarter

I've downloaded my three, but thought I'd make a thread as I didn't see an existing one. A link to this benefit can be found lower on the app screen showing your progress bar. You will be directed to the list of available titles from which to choose.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
Is it a US offer? I can't see anything in my IHG app.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by arpiuk
Is it a US offer? I can't see anything in my IHG app.
Yes I beleive it is US Based only.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
So this is the long-awaited new Spire benefit now announced?
So I should buy a Kindle just for that?
So I should move to the U.S. for being Spire and valuable member?
---sarcasm off now---
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:05 am

My offer doesn't include the wording "or Kindle books from Amazon Publishing".
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I don't think they are full-length books as such, but perhaps some of the fiction are novellas rather than short stories? It's not like they give you system-wide credits to spend on whatever you'd like: you choose from their list.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:14 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
As others have pointed out, this is pretty meh and I consider it more of a marketing tool for Amazon than an actual benefit conferred by IHG.

I haven't browsed the list, but it sounds very similar to the Amazon published books that are offered to US Amazon Prime members-- every month, Prime members get one free e-book from a list, but they are almost always not worth the time to read.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I found three that seemed good for a quick read during downtime (on a flight and such). A pretty minor "benefit" but I posted to make folks aware of it, not to praise it.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:26 pm
Suspended

WOW, 3 whole Kindle singles, just in time for Christmas too! I'm gonna tell the wife and kids no need to get me presents as I'm already at capacity.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
53,000 free books:

http://www.gutenberg.org/
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
53,000 free books:

http://www.gutenberg.org/
So you're saying I shouldn't mattress run in order to get the Spire benefit of 3 free Kindle singles?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I tried it out the first day it went live, and in typical IHG IT fashion, it would only let me have one of the three singles I was supposed to get.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You do have to do them one at a time it seems.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Nice little offer - but be careful! I went to click "Continue to get offer" which I thought meant I could read more about the book and reviews, but it doesn't. It means you are claiming the offer. Ended up with a book I didn't want. C'mon IHG, get the verbiage fixed. Continue does not mean confirm or get... it means something else is coming.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FFlash
So I should buy a Kindle just for that?
No need to buy a Kindle. Just get the free Kindle app.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.