Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priceless Experiences promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Arggg...

I clicked the link to claim my reward card almost 2 weeks ago. Just got another email, only this one lists my award as $100 while the previous email had no dollar total. Now, I have to wait the 4-6 weeks again even though I entered in my email previously for the same thing. I thought I was finally getting my reward card for completing the promo at the beginning of December. Turns out, I was told to drink my Ovaltine.

This vendor is terrible. It took me 3 emails just to get them to send me the link to claim my reward, and now 2 instances of me doing such. There had better be something useful behind that secret curtain. If my options are magazine subscriptions or fruit we may have a hostage situation on our hands!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Arggg...

I clicked the link to claim my reward card almost 2 weeks ago. Just got another email, only this one lists my award as $100 while the previous email had no dollar total. Now, I have to wait the 4-6 weeks again even though I entered in my email previously for the same thing. I thought I was finally getting my reward card for completing the promo at the beginning of December. Turns out, I was told to drink my Ovaltine.

This vendor is terrible. It took me 3 emails just to get them to send me the link to claim my reward, and now 2 instances of me doing such. There had better be something useful behind that secret curtain. If my options are magazine subscriptions or fruit we may have a hostage situation on our hands!
I had been operating under the belief that these were just cash cards, good for any purchase. Now that I reread the promotion rules, I don't know where I got that impression from. I now share your trepidation.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
To test this theory, I went ahead and claimed the card, hoping I would get an option to claim $100 once in the site. No luck - the splash page just promised that the $50 card would be coming in six weeks. However, after several emails over a couple of weeks, I received this response:

"...We see that you have completed the redemption for your original Mastercard Reward Card valued at $50. For your convenience, we will also be sending you the correct Mastercard Reward Card value of $100."

If this really happens, I'll call it a win. The extra $50 will be worth my troubles. Of course, YMMV.
I also got an email stating the incorrect value for the gift card and called them, and was told it is a global issue and they'll get back to me. Today I got an email confirming it was an error and I'll get the correct gift card, plus the incorrect gift card (nice!) and to claim my card via the site. So I did that and will see what they send. The site itself never showed the amount anywhere. Maybe they made a change/fix to omit that.

From the above, it sounds to me like the online claim will in fact result in the wrong amount but they will manually send the correct one? I guess we'll see.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:30 pm

Quick update. Today I received an e-mail to redeem for a $100 card. It was actually a reminder stating I had yet to take action, but this one mentioned a $100 card versus $50 in the initial e-mail.

I did not complete the link for the incorrect $50 amount that was previously sent, but am interested to hear if others in a similar situation receive both a $100 and $50.

Originally Posted by MadTownFlyer
Sorry for the delay in responding. Spoke with a representative that looked into the situation and confirmed I should have received the $100 offer. They provided a case number but said it could take 6-8 weeks. I set an alert for early February and will give them another call at that time if an updated e-mail offer does not arrive. The redemption portal for the $50 gift card expires on 3/31/17, so hopefully there is resolution by that time...

Last edited by MadTownFlyer; Jan 18, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by MadTownFlyer
Quick update. Today I received an e-mail to redeem for a $100 card. It was actually a reminder stating I had yet to take action, but this one mentioned a $100 card versus $50 in the initial e-mail.

I did not complete the link for the incorrect $50 amount that was previously sent, but am interested to hear if others in a similar situation receive both a $100 and $50.
That is what I'm naively expecting. I will report back the actual results.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:23 pm

I had been operating under the belief that these were just cash cards, good for any purchase. Now that I reread the promotion rules, I don't know where I got that impression from. I now share your trepidation.
So its not just a $50 or $100 prepaid mastercard?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by krward
So its not just a $50 or $100 prepaid mastercard?
The T&C are not clear on that. I think that's what everyone is hoping they are, though.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Not sure why some are getting nervous about this. I received the promo offer email 11/16/16 which states:
A $100 Reward Card is just 2 stays away
Dear Steph58,

Register now and start earning towards a Mastercard® Reward Card up to $100. Complete a qualified 2-night stay and pay with any Mastercard® between December 1 and February 15. Stay again and a Mastercard® Reward Card is yours.1

Plus--you can earn chances to win Priceless Experiences every night you stay.2
Stayed 2 nights at IC, 1 night HIE. Within a week of 2nd stay I received an email with link to get my $100 gift card. Choice of receiving it either via email (can only be used online) or US mail plastic card. Timelines given for each. So far it's worked exactly as described.

I understand how those who did one IC stay with the other being a lesser property might be worried about getting the $100 card. But not understanding why anyone would think they're not going to get a monetary card.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:45 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
So, today was the day of days. Got the follow up email, clicked the link, entered the information, and the virtual $100 MC appears. No problem.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:09 pm

Posted this in the general promotion thread, but thought it might get more traction here:

Does anyone know if a BOGO stay will count towards the 2-night req?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
Not sure why some are getting nervous about this. I received the promo offer email 11/16/16 which states:
A $100 Reward Card is just 2 stays away
Dear Steph58,

Register now and start earning towards a Mastercard® Reward Card up to $100. Complete a qualified 2-night stay and pay with any Mastercard® between December 1 and February 15. Stay again and a Mastercard® Reward Card is yours.1

Plus--you can earn chances to win Priceless Experiences every night you stay.2
Stayed 2 nights at IC, 1 night HIE. Within a week of 2nd stay I received an email with link to get my $100 gift card. Choice of receiving it either via email (can only be used online) or US mail plastic card. Timelines given for each. So far it's worked exactly as described.

I understand how those who did one IC stay with the other being a lesser property might be worried about getting the $100 card. But not understanding why anyone would think they're not going to get a monetary card.
Because "Mastercard Reward card" is not defined. I believe it will likely be as good as cash, but we just don't know for sure and we've learned over time not to assume anything.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by SansSerif
Posted this in the general promotion thread, but thought it might get more traction here:

I used a BOGO stay as my IC stay, and it did count as a qualified stay but I'm not sure if it's considered a two night stay or not as my other stay was also multi-night. If I had to bet, I would say that it will not count as a two night stay since only one night is paid.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:19 pm

Because "Mastercard Reward card" is not defined. I believe it will likely be as good as cash, but we just don't know for sure and we've learned over time not to assume anything.
Says this on the very bottom of the rules:

The OmniCard Mastercard Prepaid Card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated.

So I'm guessing its also just as good as cash.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SansSerif

Yes, I can confirm a BOGO stay counted for my 2 night stay for this promo.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:05 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
It's a virtual "card" and can only be used online per the T&C's I received.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.