FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Birthday Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1797453-birthday-points.html)

Points Scrounger Oct 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Birthday Points

Today I got an email with a notice of 1000 birthday points. I clicked it, getting a confirmation shortly after, but not in my account yet.

bjk497 Oct 19, 2016 6:51 pm

^ Happy Birthday

FFlash Oct 20, 2016 1:42 am

Congrats!
I have not got any birthday points in 3 years at top level...

FonzieBone Oct 20, 2016 3:00 am

Dang I want some birthday points...

parklife Oct 20, 2016 4:17 am

Never had these, although my birthday is in m profile

Points Scrounger Oct 20, 2016 9:22 pm

Posted today (next day)

Lewis42 Oct 21, 2016 1:59 am

Happy Birthday for yesterday!! :)

It is my turn in a couple of weeks...fingers crossed. I love freebies.

JustinIreland Oct 21, 2016 4:52 am

I got something slightly different for mine

Travel’s a great way to celebrate your birthday. And being a member of IHG® Rewards Club can take you to all the places you’d like to explore. Now when you stay a weekend in the next 90 days, you’ll earn 3,000 bonus points. It’s an early birthday gift from us to you.

martinrennard Dec 15, 2016 12:00 am

It is my turn in a couple of weeks...fingers crossed. I love freebies.

Did you get the same offer and ever get the points to your account?

craigthemif Dec 16, 2016 3:10 am

Just got an email from IHG. No free birthday points, but a 5K bonus if I do a 2-night weekend stay within the next three months.

Thumper Dec 16, 2016 5:50 am

A great promotion, the only problem was IHG ran it internally, so of course it got screwed up.

I got an email with a 1,000 points offer. I clicked on it, then saw I did not get the points. Read the fine print and then it said to get the bonus to make a reservation. As I have my bookings through February already, I looked at it, thought to myself "another IHG check-in points type of lie, nothing more".
I did not make any other reservation.

Then about 36 hours later the points posted.

A classic case study in IHG marketing.

355F1 Dec 16, 2016 10:11 am

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 27370046)
Congrats!
I have not got any birthday points in 3 years at top level...

Neither have I.

My bday is next week, too. :rolleyes:

NSFU Jan 3, 2017 1:25 pm

I've just had this email. And it is actually my birthday!

Clicking through, I get:

We’re sorry, this offer is not available to you. A list of current offers can be found on the IHG® Rewards Club Offers page. We look forward to having you as a guest.

Thanks IHG. Anyway I'm having quite a nice birthday, no thanks to you, so never mind. It was only 1000 points anyway. You took 5x that from me a few months ago when your IT cocked up yet again, I'm getting used to it.

Exiled in Express Jan 3, 2017 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 27619868)
Just got an email from IHG. No free birthday points, but a 5K bonus if I do a 2-night weekend stay within the next three months.

I got this offer as well. January birthday, US Plat via credit card.

Works well for me as I have a weekend stay that will complete Priceless Surprises and about half of my Accelerate 2017 tasks as well.

stillontheroad Jan 9, 2017 1:57 pm

Birthday last month and no offer of any points even with a stay. IHG's IT group strikes again