Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I was wrong. Take the bottle of water. At least you get it.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:46 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Extensive 10-page thread on missing points issues here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ally-post.html

Bottom line a quick email or call to the hotel will resolve the issue 99% of times. But as others have said I must be lucky, rarely have to follow up and when I do they already have it on their list as some hotels only seem to process welcome points weekly.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:47 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Ooops beat me too it! ^
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:50 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
I stayed here, HIX Sukhumvit 11, Thailand, in August and got my welcome points very quickly.

So far this month have stayed at Hotel Indigo Dallas, HI DFW Airport Area West and currently at HI Rosslyn DC and have received my welcome points from them all.

So far no problems for me, touch wood,
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Is China the only place where welcome points aren't an option? Does one get them on InterContinental stays?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
It's by far the most frustrating thing about the welcome points. Mine almost never post.
My experience is just the opposite. Often I get the email announcement and the points have posted by the time I get to my room and log into the house wifi. Happened that way in Shanghai last month, Washington this past weekend. It's the stay points that take days too post.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Is China the only place where welcome points aren't an option? Does one get them on InterContinental stays?
Got some last month at the Shanghai HI Downtown (across from the main RR station). I believe I was offered an option. No other recent experiences there since this became a feature of the elite program benefits.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
A bottle of water and bag of generic trail mix in hand is worth 500 points in the bush.
In North America what's the point of taking a bottle of water? There's a sink and all the water you can drink for nothing. As for the "food" part, I always travel with a few granola bars so have that covered (and a couple of sachets of Starbucks instant coffee to enhance the plonk bundled with the coffee maker!)
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Is the trail mix still out there? Last three stays I haven't been offered a choice or told about a welcome gift at all, the points just post same day.

I did encounter one property that added a checkbox to the registration form "I confirm I was acknowledged as a platinum member" similar to the one accepting the penalty for smoking.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
I always take the bottle of water. Actually quite often, I get an otherwise expensive beer at the bar.

The points are a lottery, whether or not you take the drink. The times when I've chosen the points, they post about 50% of the time. When I choose the drink, the points also post about 50% of the time.
+1. I think some FDCs are so used to people choosing the points that they post them habitually.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: AAEP, other airs, hotels, ccs
Three travel rules: Take the water when offered, use the toilet before needed, don't walk backwards.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Is the trail mix still out there? Last three stays I haven't been offered a choice or told about a welcome gift at all, the points just post same day.

I did encounter one property that added a checkbox to the registration form "I confirm I was acknowledged as a platinum member" similar to the one accepting the penalty for smoking.
I stayed at a Holiday Inn where all elites were given both amenity points AND the "goody bag" as well. Water plus two bags of what I saw as pure birdseed - no nuts, no fruit, just seeds!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:06 pm

An email to IHG typically results in prompt posting of any missing welcome amenity points -- as an "adjustment -- no phone call needed!

Recently, 3 of 4 award stays posted normally, and points for the 4th stay posted within 24 hours after I used the IHG website to submit a request for missing points.

More disturbing was an actual charge to my credit card of $28+ for an award stay, which apparently was to be reversed, but hasn't. Still working on that.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:44 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
In Japan you get neither welcome points nor welcome present, unless you consider a miniature bottle of water at the CP in Kanazawa (around 250 ml) as a present (in the HIX you get one 500 ml bottle per day).

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.