Crowne Plaza Hiroshima Master Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite.
Crowne Plaza Hiroshima Master Thread

Just starting this thread to see if anybody has stayed at this particular "IHG" hotel.Thoughts,experiences & recommendations would be appreciated.Cheers
Old Oct 15, 2016, 2:57 am

I stayed there yesterday as a Spire member.
Nothing special to report about this hotel I presume.

Last edited by cazane; Oct 15, 2016 at 3:02 am Reason: Corrected typo
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I stayed there in May.

Smallest Club room I've ever seen, but fine apart from that.

Great views from the upper floors, and the Club lounge was pretty well stocked.

John
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
I stayed there in May.

Smallest Club room I've ever seen, but fine apart from that.

Great views from the upper floors, and the Club lounge was pretty well stocked.

John
Thankyou!Cheers Ron.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: United Non-Rev, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Choice Platinum, National Executive Elite
I stayed there in May as well. The location is great--on the tram line, 2 blocks from the south end of the Peace Park, 3-4 blocks from the okonomiyaki building for dinner.

Like John mentioned, the Club lounge was nice. I believe I had breakfast comped by the hotel. I don't recall details about the room, sorry.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simairlinenet
I stayed there in May as well. The location is great--on the tram line, 2 blocks from the south end of the Peace Park, 3-4 blocks from the okonomiyaki building for dinner.

Like John mentioned, the Club lounge was nice. I believe I had breakfast comped by the hotel. I don't recall details about the room, sorry.
Thank you!Cheers
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:25 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Good location, but rather dated

Crowne Plaza ANA Hiroshima

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

7-20 Naka-machi Naka-ku Hiroshima, JP 730-0000

Good location, but rather dated (4 Photos)

This is the main positive thing about this property.  It is located centrally in downtown Hiroshima, close to the Peace Memorial park and the related buildings.  There are buses and a tram stop around the corner of the property going towards the station and towards Hiroshima Port.  The main shopping street, Hondori, is about 2 blocks away from the hotel.

Check In

I stayed twice on separate occasion withing a 3 week timeframe at this property for a night.  On both occasion, the check in experience was slightly different, with one slightly better than the other - as in the associate was slightly more welcoming.  On both occasion, no real upgrade given from room size as a Platinum member and no real recognition as a Platinum member.  You do get the option of points or Welcome drinks.  In addition, some additional discount for usage of the F&B outlets, swimming pool and sauna.   They offer too a complimentray bottle of water and an item of choice from the minibar for Plats.

Room

On my first stay of 1 night, I was booked in the non-Club floor.  I was given a high floor room, just below the floors for the Club floor rooms.  The room was a corner room, which seems to be the standard size room.  Size was OK.  

Bed was on what some might consider to be on the harder side.  Other than that, everything in the room felt dated.  It did not help that the room itself was quite dark (even with all lights on).  Also initially, the room smelled of cigarette smoke but after letting the aircoditioner run for some time, it was more bearable.

On my 2nd stay also for 1 night, I was booked on the Club floor, basically, not much differences to the non-club floor room.  The only difference seems to be additional bottle of water and different toilet amenities.  Size of the room was the same and given one with the same outside view (city view).  Same comment on the room interior which was dated and quite dark.

Bathroom was of OK size in both type of rooms.  They have quite a simple wifi login procedure - for IHG members, you jus thave to enter your IHG number or related email address and the connection is active.  Speed was OK and stable.

CP_entrance.jpgCP_HIJ_bath.jpgCP_room1.jpgCP_room2.jpg

Dining

Breakfast:

On my 1st stay, breakfast was valid only at the main hotel restaurant located on the ground floor (same as the lobby).  It seems that the hotel can accommodate more people than than breakfast room as there was a wait even as early as 6.30 am in the morning.  From my estimate, the wait was about 10-15 mins (depends too on the number of people in the group).

The breakfast spread was however good with the usual mix of Japanese and Western options.  

On my 2nd stay, I only had breakfast in the lounge which as expected had less options, but there was no wait.  There was again a smaller selection of Japanese and Western dishes.

Club Lounge

The Club lounge is located on the 7th floor.  It is a fully functional lounge as in that as a Club floor guest, you can check-in/out and there is always someone at the desk to check you into the lounge.

Aside from breakfast, they have tea time and the standard evening service.

For the teatime session - they have quite a variety of small desserts and cakes served. 

For the evening service, there are several small appetizers, 3 hot dishes and some of the same dessert as teatime.  The number of beverages on offer is quite good - with 1 white (including a sparking wine) and 1 red wine, 3 different beers and the rest are the normal liquours and sake.  The offerings is sufficient to make a meal out of it.

Overall

All in all, an OK property.  The main plus of this property it it's location and decent room size (at least from a Japanese property point of view).  Aside from them, the hotel is fairly dated and in general a very 'dark' hotel - it does not give you that inviting feeling.  Service in general is OK.

Good location, but rather dated

Would you like to write a review on the Crowne Plaza ANA Hiroshima?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Stayed in September as a platinum, upgraded from a single room to a twin room, front desk said all their twin rooms are bigger, and I didn't mind having 2 beds to myself, so I said yes...
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Any recent stays? Since the is no other major chains in this city, I'm looking at this hotel for a one night stay.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Any recent stays? Since the is no other major chains in this city, I'm looking at this hotel for a one night stay.
... how about the Sheraton?
Old Jul 25, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Had a good two-night stay last weekend. My first time back in Hiroshima in nearly 16 years. Admittedly, my expectations for the CP were fairly low given the reviews of this property. Booked queen bed room using points for 20k/night (cash rates were only about $100/night including taxes - but my IHG points are devaluing quicker than I can burn them).

Pros:
- perfect location for everywhere I wanted to visit in Hiroshima. 8 min walk to Hiroshima Bus Center (for the airport limousine bus), 5 min walk to the Peace Memorial Museum and Park, and tons of great dining options nearby
- good Spire recognition - double upgrade to king bed room, welcome points, food/beverage discount coupon, and generous late checkout (see below)
- had requested an "eStandby" 5pm late checkout for 3000 extra prior to arrival. At check-in was granted the 5pm checkout and was told it was complimentary due to my Spire status.
- good service - went to the rooftop beer garden and a few minutes after I received my beer it began to downpour. I quickly went to pay for my beer and was told not to worry about it due to the weather.
- room size was above average for a Japanese hotel from this era

Cons:
- outdated hotel/rooms (particularly the bathroom)
- my room and floor smelled of smoke, despite being assigned a non-smoking room

Overall, I would happily stay here again if I needed to be in this part of Hiroshima.

-FlyerBeek
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
- good Spire recognition - double upgrade to king bed room, welcome points, food/beverage discount coupon, and generous late checkout (see below)
When I stayed there in late 2017, I was offered a choice between room upgrade and club access. I chose the latter. Is this still offered?
Old Jul 25, 2021, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
When I stayed there in late 2017, I was offered a choice between room upgrade and club access. I chose the latter. Is this still offered?
The club lounge is presently closed due to COVID, so that option wasn't offered. Frankly, I was happy with the small room upgrade and 5pm checkout (especially given how inconsistent the late checkout benefit is across the IHG brands).

-FlyerBeek
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Anyone stayed here recently? I am due to do a big Japan trip in late April/May with HK tacked on (hopefully to try the Regent; although getting worried that won't be open.)

In particular, I have noted that the hotel's website is stating that it is currently undergoing (much needed, by the sounds of it) renovations.

Does anyone know if these renovations have extended to the rooms?

TIA for any replies.
Old May 7, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC*50K, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Might be late to the game. but I stayed there this past February.
They were upgrading the rooms on the higher floors for the G7 (May 19-21)

Stayed with teenage boys in a double room and it was fine.. Nothing spectacular but decent. I wrote a report on it but in the wrong group so trying to find it and will share it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.