Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Booked under 5,000 bonus points package, stay posts as non-qualifying and earns nil

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked under 5,000 bonus points package, stay posts as non-qualifying and earns nil

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Booked a HIX stay under a rate which was to earn 5,000 bonus points. Stay has just posted, but as a non-qualifying stay and has earned 0 points. Tried to submit a missing points form, but system would not accept it saying that stays can take up to 7 days to post.

I suppose I can simply wait the 7 days out and then submit the form. Is that the best course of action, and can anyone predict whether this will be easy to get fixed or a big hassle?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grando
Booked a HIX stay under a rate which was to earn 5,000 bonus points. Stay has just posted, but as a non-qualifying stay and has earned 0 points. Tried to submit a missing points form, but system would not accept it saying that stays can take up to 7 days to post.

I suppose I can simply wait the 7 days out and then submit the form. Is that the best course of action, and can anyone predict whether this will be easy to get fixed or a big hassle?

Thanks for any advice.
Wait one or two more days the error may self-correct. There is a known glitch in the system that some eligible stays would INITIALLY post as non-qualify stays then a day or 2 later it would self-correct. So keep an eye on it. Given weekend is coming, you may need to wait till Tue before you see that stupid self-correction. BTW, the Philippine center is well-aware of such glitch but they do not design the system, so all they can do is to tell you to wait a few days. Then if it does not self-correct, they can manually post it as they can see the details of all your prior reservations.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 17, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Old Oct 15, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

Thanks for any advice.
yes the 7day wait was introduced around April 2015, no doubt to prevent the far too many needless claims (and associated processing, ihg wasted time) from impatient less regular stayers raising missing points online requests 1-2days after checking out, well before stays would ever post after the usual minimum 4days after checkout.
I don't think 7days wait after checkout, to raise posting issues only after 8th day at earliest is an issue to complain about.

I never used early myself, but noticed just after the 7day wait after stay was introduced, as could not raise a claim for a stay incorrectly posting like yours as non qual / incorrect points.

I simply did made required request a few days later instead, no real biggie
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just phone up and the agent will correct the points there and then
Old Oct 16, 2016, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I ended up calling and the agent was able to fix things up for me. It has now posted as an "Adjusted Stay" which makes me wonder whether it will be recognized under the current Accelerate promotion, but I did get the EQP and that was my main concern.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the replies. I ended up calling and the agent was able to fix things up for me. It has now posted as an "Adjusted Stay" which makes me wonder whether it will be recognized under the current Accelerate promotion, but I did get the EQP and that was my main concern.
It may not updated your dash board because of the "Adjusted Stay" description as we do not know how the IT Algo is designed to pick up activities. If it is by words in the right description, you may need to call again to get that count for the promo.

Like I mentioned above, it would most likely SELF-CORRECTED in a day or 2, during business week. This is actually told to me by IHG rep when I was in similar situation earlier this year, on a stay and the only stay, that I needed in the Spring Acceleration promo for a 31K total bonus. I did not want to jeopardize the updating of Dash Board so I took the agent's advice to wait till 2 business days have passed - sure enough, the posting self-corrected to Qualify Stay and everything was in order.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
Like I mentioned above, it would most likely SELF-CORRECTED in a day or 2, during business week.
I waited until a week after check out, and it did not self-correct.

I appreciate your posting the info nonetheless, as it's good to know what glitches tend to occur and how they are typically resolved.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The dashboard does pick up the new qualifying criteria from the adjustment, it doesn't seem to work that way for RA though currently.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by scubaccr
yes the 7day wait was introduced around April 2015, no doubt to prevent the far too many needless claims (and associated processing, ihg wasted time) from impatient less regular stayers raising missing points online requests 1-2days after checking out, well before stays would ever post after the usual minimum 4days after checkout.
I don't think 7days wait after checkout, to raise posting issues only after 8th day at earliest is an issue to complain about.
I almost never need to report a missing stay, but last month I reported a missing stay 9 days after checkout, it posted 3 days later and then a matching "Overlapping Stay" posted 16 days after checkout. 10k extra points... IHG IT is terrible, they'd never be able to handle quicker submissions.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It happened to me, having an adjusted stay, and it did show up as a qualifying stay for the last Accelerate promotion. You just have to leave a bit of time.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I almost never need to report a missing stay, but last month I reported a missing stay 9 days after checkout, it posted 3 days later and then a matching "Overlapping Stay" posted 16 days after checkout. 10k extra points... IHG IT is terrible, they'd never be able to handle quicker submissions.
The same thing happened but unfortunately just on the normal stay, I didn't get the points, sent off a missing points query, points credited, then 2 weeks later an 'overlapping' stay credited

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.