Holiday Inn Express Medina (OH) (Master Thrad)

Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Holiday Inn Express Medina (OH) (Master Thrad)

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medina, OH

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

5185 Gateway Drive Medina, Sohio 44256

HIX Medina (0 Photo)

Check In

Standard Check In.  Front Desk had my reservation, greeted me as a platinum member, and asked if I wanted the welcome goody bag or welcome amenity points.   Front Desk Associate was friendly.   Check in was a little slower than normal but still fine.   I attribute that to it still being a relatively new property and the staff still getting fully up to speed.

Room

New HIX design with modullar wall unit with desk, luggage rack, and wardrobe.   Nice HD LED TV.   Dorm Size Refrigerator, Microwave, and Keurig Coffee maker in room.   Nice shower in the bathroom.  Clean and fresh feel to the room (as expected for a new property).   One minor issue with bathroom, small spot on the glass shower door was dirty.   I didn't try to clean it so not sure if it was construction residue (adhesive of some sort) or some soap housekeeping didn't clean off properly.   Otherwise the bathroom was very clean.

Facilities

Nice Fitness Area with Matrix Equipment:  3 Treadmills, 2 Ellipticals, and one recumbant bike.   Also had free weights.   Water cooler and towels in the fitness area.  Fitness area open 24 hours.   I forgot to check out the pool.   

Dining

Nice breakfast room with large communal hightops, circuar booths and standard smaller tables.   Plenty of outlets available for working with laptops, etc.   Breakfast buffet serving area is in an alcove closed off by rolling doors outside of breakfast service hours.   Plenty of hot coffee available in the evening.   Nice outdoor seating area on patio adjacent to breakfast area.   Standard HIX breakfast offerings presented nicely.

In Medina  very close to I-71.   On-Tap Bar and Bistro 111 (very good) in next shopping area up from the property.   Plenty of standard chain and fast food restaurants also nearby.   Also approx. 10 minute drive to Fairlawn with tons of dining and shopping options.

Hotel is well set back from the entrance road and other businesses are in between the hotel and I-71.   So the rooms are extremely quiet.

Overall

Very nice new property.   I really like the new HIX design.  Very comfortable and meets all of my needs.  This is the second HIX property I have stayed in with the new design.   Highly recommended and I will stay here again when in the area.

Internet

New (at least to me) IHGConnect Internet sign in.   Worked quickly and well.   There was a new authentication option to use your IHG credentials instead of an access code.    Internet speed was also good.   Overall a great improvement over the older authentication method that doesn't work half the time.

I hope they start converting all of the IHG properties over to this new Internet service.

HIX Medina

Would you like to write a review on the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medina, OH?

No, thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.