Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The best IHG.com bargain rate you've found?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Question The best IHG.com bargain rate you've found?

Hi folks

Was looking around at some Holiday Inn Express rates in the UK and some seemed pretty low. Thought it might be interesting to find out some of the lowest publicly available rate others have found via IHG.com family websites?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by djb25
Hi folks

Was looking around at some Holiday Inn Express rates in the UK and some seemed pretty low. Thought it might be interesting to find out some of the lowest publicly available rate others have found via IHG.com family websites?
Not sure what you class as pretty low but the Hix in Newcastle is often £42 if there are no events on that night
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
£29 is available in some provincial towns you really don't want to visit for a weekend break, at the weekend :-)
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Holiday Inn Northampton £31 this Friday!

Or 25,000 points ......
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Holiday Inn Northampton £31 this Friday!

Or 25,000 points ......
Oh yeah newcastle Hix is 25k as well...the same as H Indigo of which there is no comparison
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I'm curious, has it always been this low?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
We booked Crowne Plaza at Aberdeen airport for £38 - bargain.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
HI Derby - Nottingham M1 Jct 25 F&F rate 2016-07-29 comes in at 26.35GBP.
HI Runcom 27GBP
HIX Lichfield 28.9GBP
HI Northhampton, Birmingham, Bradford City Centre, Glasgow Riverside, .. all below 30GBP

Cheapest CP?
Aberdeen Airport 38.25GBP
Nottingham 44.2GBP
Birmingham NEC 44.2GBP
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by happychic
I'm curious, has it always been this low?
I don't know, Hix newcastle has been this rate all of 2016, I feel prices dropped when the CP opened last September, h indigo was always over £100 a night now when I look it is often round £80, last week the CP was cheaper than the Hix #weird
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Cheapest I've seen and taken advantage of was £36 at Holiday Inn Huntingdon (UK). Excellent hotel too if you are ever around that area.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Holiday Inn Ratingen, EUR 39.00.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by MrsW
We booked Crowne Plaza at Aberdeen airport for £38 - bargain.
Yes. I managed to book the same hotel for 40 pounds a night in mid August for two nights. Is it a good hotel, this one?

As Flying Lawyer points out, the Holiday Inn Ratingen, which is actually Düsseldorf Airport, can be an excellent deal, especially for a mattress run. Good for him or I, because we live in the vicinity!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Yes. I managed to book the same hotel for 40 pounds a night in mid August for two nights. Is it a good hotel, this one?
In a word, for a CP, yes, it's a new hotel and better still, they seem pretty consistent in the upgrading of Spire members to Club Rooms and Lounge access.

Lounge has a good array of soft drinks, good Twinings tea and Nespresso coffee machines. There is a "happy hour" that runs somewhat longer than an hour, but I do not recall timing. Then they have the usual selection of alcoholic beverages, Red/White wine, Vodka, Gin, Whisky, Rum, beer, Rekorderlig, but lets itself down a bit on service and snacks, namely Nobbies Nuts, Mackies crisps and chocolate bars such as Twix, Crunchie, Mars.

I believe there is meant to be a light breakfast in the lounge, however at weekends Club guests appear to get to use the main buffet breakfast area, which offers the Full Monty breakfast, English/Scottish/Irish and Continental. A veritable feast if your day ahead is going to be peppered with airline food.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
IHG rates in Turkey are pretty low right now. While not a public rate, I have an upcoming October reservation at the IC Istanbul for 68 EUR per night. The lowest published rate for the same time is 84 EUR.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Smile

PAST BOOKING RATES

Possibly best ever was the post UK Olympics gbp20.12 / night deal for months December 2012 to Mid Feb 2013

I had 3 weekends Fri-Mon (2x) and Sat - Mon (1x) at CP London City. Basic room upgraded as Platinum RA to Club Room with Lounge ++ stays earned points and counted as qual nights.

Bearing in mind the non-sale rate for some of those weekends nights in entry level was gbp200plus (minimum gbp130) this was a great deal even without repricing to nicer clubroom rates.

CURRENT RATES

Probably IC Kuala Lumpur , IC Club Room on ADR Your Rate at 450 and 480 MYR ++.
As RA upgraded 2-levels passing +1 level upgrade of Exec Suite to +2 level for one of the three Ambassador Suites (and for not just one stay :-) )

Last edited by scubaccr; Aug 15, 2016 at 5:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.