Search

Crowne Plaza Bandung (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:34 pm
Original Poster
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Crowne Plaza Bandung (master thread)

The Crowne Plaza Bandung opened it's doors in Nov 2015. I'm starting a thread on this property because after my pointbreaks stay, I've found it to be of high quality.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:45 pm
Original Poster
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Junior Suite

Crowne Plaza Bandung

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Crowne Plaza Bandung

Jalan Lembong No. 19, Braga, Sumur Bandung Bandung, ID 40111

Junior Suite (11 Photos)

Crowne Plaza Bandung

HOTEL REVIEW : CROWNE PLAZA BANDUNG – JUNIOR SUITE

DSC00636.jpg

Check In

With only a 15 minute drive from Husein Sastranegara International Airport lies the Crowne Plaza Bandung at the very heart of the city. Extremely popular amongst Singaporean tourists, Bandung is a relaxing city with emphasis on volcanic attractions, bustling fruit plantations and amazing shopping.

DSC00592.jpg

Relatively new since opening it’s doors in November 2015, I spent 3 nights at the Crowne Plaza Bandung using only 5,000 IHG points per night due to the IHG Pointbreaks promotion. Normally, this hotel sells award nights at 25,000 points per night. My first impressions after checking into the Executive Lounge was positive. I was given a triple upgrade to a Junior Suite, and given the Platinum/Spire Amenity of a lucky draw which an additional room upgrade was the best prize.

Room

DSC00604.jpg

First impressions of the room were brilliant. Extremely spacious for a junior suite, new looking fixtures, carpets and beddings and overall immaculate thanks to the young age of the hotel.

DSC00659.jpg

Shortly after checking in, welcome amenities were delivered to our room. They consisted of a well arranged plate of fruits and another plate of a trio of petit fours.

DSC00624.jpg

The lighting and layout of the room was great, with an extremely large king bed and work area. But that wasn’t all that was big…

DSC00639.jpg

The bathroom of the Junior Suite at the Crowne Plaza Bandung boasts a plus-sized shower area and water closet area. In the main part of the bathroom, theres a full-size bathtub. If i could ask for something more it would be a dual basin setup but that might me asking for too much!

DSC00649.jpgI

wouldn’t expect Aromatherapy Associates amenities at a Crowne Plaza property, although I have not stayed in many. Conrad Centennial Singapore also provides these same amenities but I consider the Conrad a higher level of luxury (and pricepoint) than Crowne Plaza so thumbs up to the Crowne Plaza Bandung.

DSC00612.jpg

The coffee & tea facilities of the room, although limited, were practical. Consisting of an espresso machine with complementary captures, Dilmah teas and mineral water. The minibar & fridge were also stocked.

Dining

1_DSC00661.jpg

As an IHG Spire Ambassador, I was given the benefit of complementary breakfast at the executive lounge. However, at this property this benefit does not extend to the main buffet restaurant. I can’t remember the last time I paid for breakfast at a hotel, so it’s always nice to maintain at least one top tier status.

DSC00662.jpg

After being “wow-ed” by the high quality of the bathroom amenities offered, I was once again impressed by the quality of breakfast the the executive lounge. Some properties that I can remember offering an a-la-minute breakfast menu are Intercontinental Bali, Intercontinental Danang and Intercontinental Hong Kong, all very highly priced properties. But the Crowne Plaza Bandung also offers this. They also use the same premium french unsalted butter that I love from Conrad Centennial Singapore’s Oscars Restaurant, and their Mee Goreng hits the spot.

Overall

DSC00652.jpg

One thing I’ve learnt from the Crowne Plaza Bandung is that they don’t skimp out on the premium quality. The staff at the hotel and executive lounge were very welcoming and boasted amazing service standards. The stay was an amazing value and I would not hesitate coming back to the Crowne Plaza Bandung on paid stays in the future.

Crowne Plaza Bandung

Address: Jalan Lembong No. 19, Braga, Sumur Bandung, Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
Phone: +62 22 30002500

About Me

I Blog at www.checkmyhacks.com

Junior Suite

Would you like to write a review on the Crowne Plaza Bandung?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I had my second stay here recently on a weekend. I had stayed on the last PB in 2016 for a night to check it out, and was pleasantly surprised, so decided to try a longer stay.

As a plat, I was given a Jr Suite, Exec Lounge access, and breakfast.

Almost identical to Jedicat’s review. Amenity was slightly less generous, with 3 red apples, and two chocolates.

The room wasn’t cooling down, so I called to have it checked. Two technicians arrived quickly. They seemed a bit to be going through the motions a bit, and didn’t even have a thermometer to check the temperature out of the air vent.

Hours later, it was still hot, but it was too late to move. Before breakfast, I called to let them know of the problem. The minifridge was also quite hot and didn’t seem to be cooling stuff down.

After a couple of calls after breakfast the new room keys were brought over. The new room (xx07) was an Executive Suite. 1.5 bath, with living room. A decent setup. A small, welcome to your room, chocolate cake was delivered.

Staff in the Exec Lounge were very nice during the stay. Ridwan, Sarah and Cindy in particular. Afternoon tea (3-5) was nice for some nibbles. I only managed to go to the evening cocktails once, but it had 4 different hot items, plus some average pizza under a heatlamp. Definitely recommended.

We had some intermittent internet problems. I’m not sure if it was just in our room, or hotelwide. I had to reconnect a lot of times.

Management seemed to be on top of my room problem, and Julius from the front desk was pretty helpful.

They have a nice kids club near the pool. Good staff working it. Normal hours are 9-6.

The pool was a little bit of a letdown. Just metal drop down stairs, and a slightly submerged entry to the pool area itself. If you have any mobility issues, it might be too difficult to enter/exit the pool.

Breakfast was pretty average. Restaurant staff were very nice.

Overall, I think the hotel treats IHG elites very well. If a problem pops up, they try hard to correct it right away.

Although this isn’t a 5 star property, I’d recommend it without hesitation over the IC Dago, which doesn’t do much for Platinum or lower members, and takes days to fix things.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
As a plat, I was given a Jr Suite, Exec Lounge access, and breakfast.
Can anyone confirm if this is still the case?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Can anyone confirm if this is still the case?
`was for me, except for the suite - though that's something I'm indifferent to. They're operating against clear IHG policy, and a number of CPs and HIs have fallen to line: so there's no guarantee that this CP's generosity will continue. But fingers-crossed, I like the hotel very much.

In wider indonesia, Kemyoran HI ditched lounge-for-elites (and consequently lost my business): I don't think the Jakarta CP ever gave that privilege, at least not without arm-twisting
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
In wider indonesia, Kemyoran HI ditched lounge-for-elites (and consequently lost my business): I don't think the Jakarta CP ever gave that privilege, at least not without arm-twisting
Oh yeah, I have stayed at HI Kemayoran, got upgrade to Exec Room, but no lounge access. I was pretty pissed about that and won't stay there again.
CP Jakarta sort of allowed me lounge access with Exec Room upgrade, but it was its closing time - I just had a tea there. Not 100% sure it would have worked for a happy hour.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
7-8 years ago, I stayed at the CP CGK and got lounge access on PB stays. I think I was RA at the time.
barracuda93 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.