New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 21, 19, 10:31 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Tim O'Brien
Wiki Link
Update December 2018: it looks like some accounts are proactively being renewed in December 2018, well ahead of the stated expiration of Jan 31, 2019. It is currently unknown what criteria were used, but previous years appeared to indicate around $10K++ in IC spend only.

As before, please Divide EQPs by 10 to get $$$ Spend

JANUARY 2019 RA RENEWAL STATS [put total IHG vs. IC if you can]
================================================== =====
NAME.... IHG total (paid)/IC/EQP, break out IC spend if you can
Pseudo Nim 73 IC nights, $14.6K IC spend ($17.7K total),
Shoven 70 (50) IC nights, $17.3K IC spend ($17.3K total),
Unterwegs 52 IC nights, approx $12K net IC spend. No other brands this year! No more mediocre HIs to make status.
Kaix 63 IC nights, $14.4K IC spend ($15.1K total)
Tim O'Brien 26 IC Paid Nights as at Dec 27, when notified of RA renewal, 140,171 EQP, IC Net Spend 14, 017.
Vsevolod4 IHG total 132, IHG total paid 101, IC nights 85, IC Qualified Spend $16.5K, total EQP 398,800, Kimpton nights: 3, RA Ambassador Kit renewed Dec 27, RA renewal (again) and Kimpton Inner Circle upgrade Jan 4.
kaka(mom) 34 nights 1 country (all IC), IC spend:23k USD

ID;Name;Confirm;Kit msg; Revenue ;Nights;Challenge?;Additional Info

40;stimpy;+;none; $9,000.00 ;50;?;RA since 2001 - exceptional renewal
38;turner32;-;none; $9,000.00 ;?;?;8/9 years as RA
49;hannes08;+;01/16/2019; $9,990.00 ;52;2000;renewal probably because of challenge
17;Lewis42;+;12/27/2018; $10,000.00 ;?;2000;renewal probably because of challenge
27;scienm;+;none; $10,032.00 ;32;?;8 years RA
25;hclee01;+;none; $10,142.16 ;37;?;current RA since 2014 - manual renewal
18;annihilation;-;none; $10,605.00 ;39;?;
51;crosskonaftw;?;none; $10,700.00 ;35;?;not yet RA
30;Land-of-Miles;+;none; $10,999.00 ;19;?;
16;Kimsbrand;-;none; $11,297.88 ;5;?;not RA yet. 13,532.92 USD total?
48;Urby38;+;12/27/2018; $11,300.00 ;47;?;Royal since 2012
42;SAWorldVoyager;?;12/21/2018; $11,391.52 ;?;?;
14;Cielito_;+;none; $11,511.00 ;62;no;77/62/8 with 12042 USD after batch
45;whimike;+;none; $11,700.00 ;?;?;RA for about 7 years
10;Unterwegs;+;12/27/2018; $12,000.00 ;52;yes;
44;serendipity1211;+;01/16/2019; $12,300.00 ;45;no;first-time RA
28;cazane;+;12/27/2018; $12,600.00 ;61;no;4 prepaid nights not posted until 27th 11890 -> 12600
11;VaBeachGirl;+;12/27/2018; $12,750.00 ;68;no;
50;lukah;?;none; $12,800.00 ;80;?;3 years RA
15;336;-;none; $12,900.00 ;16;2000;NOT completed challenge / Lots of adjusted stays
1;DonPedro;+;12/21/2018; $12,971.00 ;49;no;
47;SD2019;+;none; $13,000.00 ;35;no;stays erroneously adjusted or marked as overlapping
36;BRUSS;+;01/16/2019; $13,001.00 ;?;?;
13;Tim O'Brien;+;12/27/2018; $14,017.00 ;26;?; Kimpton;
33;marlin1978;?;12/27/2018; $14,182.00 ;46;no;
26;Kaix;?;12/27/2018; $14,400.00 ;63;?;
9;Pseudo Nim;+;12/27/2018; $14,600.00 ;73;?;
41;PMMMDL;?;?; $15,000.00 ;50;?;
23;nicolas75;?;12/27/2018; $15,000.00 ;81;?;
5;sharps1337;+;12/21/2018; $15,200.00 ;79;no;
3;Raynyan (friend2);?;12/21/2018; $15,500.00 ;69;no;
22;pantanal;+;12/27/2018; $16,000.00 ;?;?;
24;vsevolod4;+;12/27/2018; $16,319.00 ;84;no;
34;boekel;?;12/27/2018; $16,950.00 ;60;no;
21;ILS2;+;none; $17,000.00 ;40;?;
8;skaya (2x);+;12/27/2018; $17,000.00 ;?;?;
7;shoven;+;12/27/2018; $17,304.00 ;50;?;
51;EmeraldLady;+;12/27/2018; $18,000.00 ;47;?;
32;Mr. Chan;?;12/21/2018; $19,582.00 ;45;yes;completed challenge
46;kaka;+;12/21/2018; $20,001.00 ;34;no;
31;christenlabelle;?;none; $22,000.00 ;51;1k + Kimpton;
39;marcel.baden;?;12/27/2018; $22,000.00 ;77;?;
35;Flying Lawyer;?;12/27/2018; $22,135.00 ;70;?;
37;Roey007;?;none; $25,000.00 ;42;?;9 years RA - 9k adjustment: no kit message with 11k before
12;IThink;+;12/27/2018; $25,000.00 ;85;no;
19;HadesNL;+;12/27/2018; $28,273.90 ;52;?;
4;Raynyan (friend3);?;12/21/2018; $30,000.00 ;73;no;
29;btravers33;?;12/27/2018; $30,000.00 ;98;?;
2;Raynyan (friend1);?;12/21/2018; $32,000.00 ;75;no;
20;Raynyan;+;12/27/2018; ? ;70;?;~30 nights not counted somehow
6;samjnz;?;12/21/2018; ? ;?;2000;


04 JAN 2018 RA RENEWAL STATS [put total IHG vs. IC if you can]
================================================== =====
NAME.... IHG total (paid)/IC/EQP, break out IC spend if you can
Pseudo Nim 139 (116)/85/192K, of which $18K in IC
Boekel 85 (70)55/170K, of which $15K in IC
Tim O'Brien 29 IC Nights 2 Non IC IHG nights, 341,976 EQP
scubaccr 55 paid IC Nights , us$13,000++ / 4paid non-IC nights us$900++ (plus 8x IC reward nights, 20x non-IC reward nights) <== Sorry.. forgot to cop exact EQP values before 1/1/2018 acct zeroing
Cielito_ 81/77/5 - $7,353 F&B + $11,656 Room = $19,009 IC net spend - EQP 468,000 (First Time RA)
hclee01 50 IC us$13k++
Land-of-Miles ?? IC us$10.5k++
cazane 60 IC us$11.8k++
VaBeachGirl 54 IC us$13k++
PiffPaffPuff 60IC us$25k++
??????? 35 IC us$10.2k++ <== first time RA ref PiffPaffPuff colleague
Spitcool 40 IC us$15k++
Eltham 40 IC us$12k++
shoven 43 IC us$15k++ <== first time RA
skaya (partner) ?? IC us$10.2k++ <== renewed
darby1970 62 IC us$13k++
The Mileage Millionaire 102 paid IHG nights / 100 paid IC nights / 229k EQP / $22.7k++ IC spend
Orion_1 8 nights at IC, spent at 2 properties - USD 10,200 in total at ICs (honeymoon...)
HadesNL Elite qualifying points: 239,095, Qualifying nights: 39
Aussielori 50 IC us$8k++ 9.2k overall renewed on 16 jan

04 JAN 2018 RA LOSS STATS [put total IHG vs. IC if you can]
================================================== =====

tarek.h ?? IC us$9.1k++

sharps1337 IC us$9.9k++ (and 129 non-IC us$17k++ )

04 JAN 2017 RA RENEWAL STATS (Please include 2016 y/end EQP count)
================================================== =====
NAME.... IHG/IC/IC's EQP $$$$s
SCUBACCR 80/56/13 EQP=14,979 (Split $12864 + $2115)
HANNES08 76/46/10 EQP=11,200
OZ_CATALYST 75/63/8 EQP=14,700 (first Time RA) ($12414 at ICs)
TAREK.H 46/37/4 EQP=14.500 ($10,917 IC Spend)
TravelTheWorld66 147/33/11 EQP=27.972 ($8500 IC Spend)
HCLEE01 67/50/6 EQP=14880
ATACAMA40 82/56/10 EQP=??,???
VaBeachGirl 84/42/12 EQP=15,000
Land-of-Miles 87/73/10 EQP=40,000
SSH4POOH 132/99/28 EQP=50,000
???????? 75/35/8 EQP=??,??? (First Time RA, ref SSH4POOH)
iThink 82/36/11 EQP = 18,200
aussielori 75/45/5 EQP =15,100
1010101 50/48/4 = 12,500
MYSTERY7 63/45/? EQP=25,000 (First Time RA)
EmeraldLady 68/42/10 EQP=15,500
NKU 86/80/5 EQP=20,000
Petrus 110/40/3 EQP=20,000 ($8500 IC Spend)
JOHHENRIK 74/65/10 EQP=16,800
SyLance 76/76/4 EQP=17,500 (RA again after 3years missed)
Pseudo Nim 90/58/15 IC spend $9,500, $17K across chain (175K EQP)
Tim O'Brien 58 nights, EQP 474,576 , July 31, 2017 Year End, renewed to Dec 29, 2017
HadesNL 22/20/7 and us$20,000 ref two posts.
PROTEOME 53/36/? $25,000 (Plus further 30x IC Non-qual nights and 18 IC Award nights) <== nb Maybe/Maybe-Not the IC Non-qual $$'s count as about half EQPs spend, probably > 10k IC qual spend
Chinatrvl 88 nights (in all brands, but c. 75 in ICs), 300,000 EQP, ADR c. 115 USD as I stayed mostly on a locally negotiated rate (spend c. 10k USD)
Unterwegs 78(my count 86)/63/10/285.000 (according to email, I would have expected less. my spending estimate is 15-20K$)
Lewis42 77/39/10 EQP=16010
Whimike 88/35/12 EQP=14220

04 JAN 2017 RA Demotion to xxx Ambassador stats (if > 75/30/3)
==================================================
NAME IHG/IC/IC's EQP $$$$s

[Archived - no longer valid] New (Royal) Ambassador Criteria

A document was unintenionally available in the internet about changes to the (Royal) Ambassador Qualifying and Re-Qualifying criteria.
The document is available on

http://viewfromthewing.img.boardinga...Ambassador.pdf

Older discussion
There was an ongoing discussion about the criteria for some time. This thread is now closed.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jan 8, 17, 12:58 pm
  #1501  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,168
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
For me, the answer is no. And I have let the main IC that I spent over 100 nights in know about it. Not that they care, I think. I won't even bother to burn my 800k or whatever points. I would have given them 100+ nights this year, plus a bunch of nights booked for my employees, but screw that. Hello Hyatt, I'm going to do your 60 nights. Hello LHW, thanks for the airport transfers and 100 USD F&B credits per stay. Hello SPG, I'll try your Ritz and maybe even some Marriott properties with my SPG Lifetime Plat status.
Good luck. Hyatt's Diamond treatment is terrible in comparison to RA. I'm Lifetime SPG too and while I very much like Ritz Carlton's (booking through FHR) and Luxury Collection hotels, I get more value from IC and RA. And I'm at an LHW hotel now for a lengthy stay (because it's the only choice) and again I get far more value with IC. IC RA delivers in value so that's where I will continue to steer the bulk of my business.
stimpy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 17, 1:09 pm
  #1502  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Formerly known as attorney28
Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, LC Aur, Hyatt Dmd, Mar/SPG "Lifetime" Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd
Posts: 6,410
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Good luck. Hyatt's Diamond treatment is terrible in comparison to RA. I'm Lifetime SPG too and while I very much like Ritz Carlton's (booking through FHR) and Luxury Collection hotels, I get more value from IC and RA. And I'm at an LHW hotel now for a lengthy stay (because it's the only choice) and again I get far more value with IC. IC RA delivers in value so that's where I will continue to steer the bulk of my business.
Did you even understand my post...at all? I would have, too, but since I was "downgraded", I will not. The comparison for me personally is not all of that vs. RA, but all of that vs. AMB. Good luck.
Football Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 17, 1:34 pm
  #1503  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,168
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Did you even understand my post...at all? I would have, too, but since I was "downgraded", I will not. The comparison for me personally is not all of that vs. RA, but all of that vs. AMB. Good luck.
Sorry, I didn't see the word downgraded and there are others here who did renew RA but seem unhappy about the program anyways. If the hotel that you did 100 nights at doesn't value you, then sure it makes sense to avoid that hotel. But if you can make good use of the RA program at multiple IC's, it would make sense to try to regain it. But we all have our different travel patterns. I was just making the point that if you are accustomed to RA treatment you are going to be very disappointed with Hyatt, etc.
stimpy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 17, 1:50 pm
  #1504  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Formerly known as attorney28
Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, LC Aur, Hyatt Dmd, Mar/SPG "Lifetime" Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd
Posts: 6,410
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Sorry, I didn't see the word downgraded and there are others here who did renew RA but seem unhappy about the program anyways. If the hotel that you did 100 nights at doesn't value you, then sure it makes sense to avoid that hotel. But if you can make good use of the RA program at multiple IC's, it would make sense to try to regain it. But we all have our different travel patterns. I was just making the point that if you are accustomed to RA treatment you are going to be very disappointed with Hyatt, etc.
Well, they say they do value me, but they haven't done anything (yet) to get in touch with corporate (not sure if they could do anything). I actually diverted 60 nights to Hyatt last year due to all this uncertainty regarding IC requalification; also, didn't travel for a few months due to the birth of our daughter. So I "only" had about 40 IC nights which counted, plus I think about at least 10 more should have counted but weirdly came back as "non-qualifying stay" or "overlapping stay" (I never follow up on this kind of stuff). On top of that, I had a couple of club rooms booked for a week at my regular IC hotel, but I canceled and moved to an LHW hotel because they promised me a birthday dinner reservation in their top floor restaurant, then canceled on a short notice. I was annoyed. (I also booked about 30 nights for employees at the same IC hotel.) So there are a few reasons why I didn't do more, but they know I normally do more nights with them. I basically only stay at ICs within IHG, so I had perhaps a couple of Indigo or CP nights on top, nothing else.

I have been Hyatt Diamond for over 10 years (about 2/3 of the way towards Lifetime), so I am well aware of the differences. (I'm also Hilton Diamond and have been for over 10 years, but I think this might be the year that I finally drop that.)

My personal trade-off is:

1) in the city I primarily travel to, the Hyatt is a bit nicer than the IC, and a bit closer to where I need to travel to. Yes, so far I used to get suites in the IC, but most of the time, I am traveling by myself, so it doesn't make a big difference there.

2) Also, as posted above, I am going for Hyatt Lifetime. So, spending 80+ nights at the IC while not getting RA benefits while being uncertain if that is even going to be enough, foregoing Hyatt Diamond/Globalist, not building towards Hyatt Globalist Lifetime doesn't make sense to me.

In essence, IHG needlessly drove away someone who would give them at least 80-100 nights per year, but who will now never come back, because the opportunity cost of having stays with significantly reduced benefits while being totally uncertain where the goalpost is and while losing status with other chains is just too high. I might even do it if I knew for instance, it's 60 IC nights at 3 different ICs. But making that effort without knowing if it's going to be enough - no. So the uncertainty really is the deal breaker.

P.S.: I also never received my RA package last year.

Last edited by Football Fan; Jan 8, 17 at 3:40 pm
Football Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 17, 3:50 pm
  #1505  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Posts: 11,650
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
IC RA delivers in value so that's where I will continue to steer the bulk of my business.
That's absolutely the essence of it. Great treatment in return for substantial business. A transactional relationship.

It starts to get weird when IHG nurtures a customer for over ten years on a solid 40-60 direct IC stays each year - but suddenly kicks him (me!) out of the programme YET expects the 40-60 nights to continue.

"...we value your devotion to our hotels. Please rest assured, we shall monitor your stays so that we can welcome you back as a Royal Ambassador"

Well, good luck with that !

(And devotion is just a tad over the top)
IAN-UK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 1:48 am
  #1506  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: RIP
Posts: 472
Upon asking Manila about RA, they also wrote that the AMB year will remain rolling as it is, and only RA will be calendar year.

Adds a lot to the confusion.
skaya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 7:44 am
  #1507  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DUS (and somewhere in transit)
Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 9,731
I was told today that they now apply a certain algorithm to judge over individual cases. From pulling together all information I received it is something similar to

EQP * IC Nights
---------------------------- = personal qualification score
Top 10% average IC nights

They will compare your personal qualification score against a set value. If your score is better, you will qualify. Even if this appears to be somehow transparent, the opaque number still is the average number of IC nights, the top 10% (clearance not one percent) do stay with IC. The algorithm take in both, general group turnover and IC nights.
Flying Lawyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 8:08 am
  #1508  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Dubai
Programs: Qatar Plat, EK Gold
Posts: 91
the message from IHG is they want 100% of your business to be an RA

you cannot just change brands once you reach a certain threshold

trying to maintain elite status at several chains will be "hard work", you will need to travel the majority of the year ;-)

IHG has handled the RA renewal process like real clowns but I think they might have the right strategy with the new plan as it demands an extreme loyalty, like it or not
jonspencer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 8:27 am
  #1509  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 726
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer View Post
I was told today that they now apply a certain algorithm to judge over individual cases. From pulling together all information I received it is something similar to

EQP * IC Nights
---------------------------- = personal qualification score
Top 10% average IC nights

They will compare your personal qualification score against a set value. If your score is better, you will qualify. Even if this appears to be somehow transparent, the opaque number still is the average number of IC nights, the top 10% (clearance not one percent) do stay with IC. The algorithm take in both, general group turnover and IC nights.
Hi Flying Lawyer....I'm no numbers guy but just to check, that is essentially:

Spend x IC Only Nights
--------------------------
Av No. IC Only Nights

That sounds like it's for Ambassador program only and essentially RA renewal criteria.

Does it mean there is another equation for 'other brands within IHG' ?

Not to pry too much but possible give us a flavor of the source of the data?

Is that a correct assumption or am I misunderstanding. Thanks for what seems like the first clear model.
Atacama40 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 9:09 am
  #1510  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by jonspencer View Post
the message from IHG is they want 100% of your business to be an RA

you cannot just change brands once you reach a certain threshold

trying to maintain elite status at several chains will be "hard work", you will need to travel the majority of the year ;-)

IHG has handled the RA renewal process like real clowns but I think they might have the right strategy with the new plan as it demands an extreme loyalty, like it or not
Question is: what is the goal of your strategy?

RA is a very good program, no doubt about that. And it is good to limit the number of people who participate and force those who are in to be loyal to the brand.

But the main problem is: demand (of loyalty) is linked to delivery (of service).

Changing the rules: fine.
Telling someone "sorry you won't make it under the new rules": also fine.
Not communicating at all (while you have ongoing business together): not acceptable.
Kasupke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 9:39 am
  #1511  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DUS (and somewhere in transit)
Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 9,731
Originally Posted by Atacama40 View Post
Hi Flying Lawyer....I'm no numbers guy but just to check, that is essentially:

Spend x IC Only Nights
--------------------------
Av No. IC Only Nights

That sounds like it's for Ambassador program only and essentially RA renewal criteria.

Does it mean there is another equation for 'other brands within IHG' ?

Not to pry too much but possible give us a flavor of the source of the data?

Is that a correct assumption or am I misunderstanding. Thanks for what seems like the first clear model.
The source was SLC pretty much high up the chain of command. From what I understand your overall group spend is relevant and the number of your IC nights. This is divided by the number of nights the top 10% members stay in average.

This makes overall spend relevant and the number of IC nights. So a low overall spend can be compensated by a high number of IC nights and to a limited extend the number a low number of IC nights can be compensated by a high overall spend. IC nights will however be the most important factor.
Flying Lawyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 10:09 am
  #1512  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Posts: 2,386
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
For me, the answer is no. And I have let the main IC that I spent over 100 nights in know about it. Not that they care, I think. I won't even bother to burn my 800k or whatever points. I would have given them 100+ nights this year, plus a bunch of nights booked for my employees, but screw that. Hello Hyatt, I'm going to do your 60 nights. Hello LHW, thanks for the airport transfers and 100 USD F&B credits per stay. Hello SPG, I'll try your Ritz and maybe even some Marriott properties with my SPG Lifetime Plat status.
i can totally understand being pissed off, in light of the business you've given them.

i'm a big fan of the RA program, but a few years back, when there were issues in China over booking the 5K point breaks nights and on selling by brokers and others, i beleive they did a general audit.

i believe i got caught up in that audit, and then accussed of utilising too many BOGO's when IHG are the ones that accept and process them, it's their call to accept, not the customer's to impose. this was at a single property in China.

the first step by the IHG police was to close the account, i had 2.3 m points in the account, i told them i wld sue, and they reopened the account straight away, but they revoked my RA.

this was the year i had paid for 104 IC suite nights, inc 95 employee.

i was incredibly pissed, and vowed to never set foot in another IC. but the issue was, i really enjoyed RA, really liked the treatment at the properties, really liked the people, i really liked everything about RA, and IC, just not the nasty inappropriate response, and action by their compliance dept out of Salt Lake.

my faith was restored after contact with Ruth Negus' office in the UK, and the marketing dept won over, they made me RA again within months.

after that i was sent four or five RA packs, over several months, all with BOGO's, and luggage tags, and of course the points, not kidding, i have retained all the letters.

i sent copies of all the letters to Ruth Negus, via a contact, in her office, with a letter regarding the entire mishandling of my account, including them sending me four or five RA packs, i believe that may have lead to them choosing a third party to disseminate the RA packs.

they have some totally inappropriate compliance dept police that fight their marketing people, Michael Lawyer in Salt Lake i believe is far more valuable to IHG's competitors, just shouldn't be in that role, ex Amex guy, they are so good at customer service, pretty clear why they let him go. it is problematic, and you can see it in their culture, especially with the Makati customer service solution ( if you cld call it that), which can be completley hit, or miss. just depends on which Miss you speak with.

if was you, and you like everything about RA with the exception of IHG compliance, or those making decisions as to whether you shld be RA, i wld send a letter to Ruth with the business you've given them. always much better dealing with the UK.

Last edited by Tim O'Brien; Jan 9, 17 at 10:50 am
Tim O'Brien is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 10:16 am
  #1513  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Posts: 2,386
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Well, they say they do value me, but they haven't done anything (yet) to get in touch with corporate (not sure if they could do anything).

P.S.: I also never received my RA package last year.
two points, the property can sponsor RA for you, you cld ask the GM, Sales & Marketing Director, or Director of Rooms.

if you never received your pack, i'd ask for it now that's not unreasonable at all.
Tim O'Brien is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 10:23 am
  #1514  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Posts: 2,386
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
That's absolutely the essence of it. Great treatment in return for substantial business. A transactional relationship.

It starts to get weird when IHG nurtures a customer for over ten years on a solid 40-60 direct IC stays each year - but suddenly kicks him (me!) out of the programme YET expects the 40-60 nights to continue.

"...we value your devotion to our hotels. Please rest assured, we shall monitor your stays so that we can welcome you back as a Royal Ambassador"

Well, good luck with that !

(And devotion is just a tad over the top)
you're in the UK Ian, why not drop Ruth Negus a line, and tell her how you feel, what business you've contributed over the past decade.

i repeat, the UK, are far more reasonable to deal with
Tim O'Brien is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 10:23 am
  #1515  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 726
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer View Post
The source was SLC pretty much high up the chain of command. From what I understand your overall group spend is relevant and the number of your IC nights. This is divided by the number of nights the top 10% members stay in average.

This makes overall spend relevant and the number of IC nights. So a low overall spend can be compensated by a high number of IC nights and to a limited extend the number a low number of IC nights can be compensated by a high overall spend. IC nights will however be the most important factor.
Many thanks for that, is interesting.

have to say whilst it might not be as definitive as we would like (and I would personally prefer a definitive answer for selfish reasons) it does sort of make sense and I suspect how I got renewed this year.....a medium tally of nights...think about 55 IC and 82 ish in total but a lot of spend 250k EQP.

As you say though, nights is still the driver. But not mention of other IHG brand nights and the value..or not? Cheers
Atacama40 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread