Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Grand Seoul Parnas (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Any updates by the way? How safe is it to book IC Grand?
I’ve not pursued the matter further. We’re planning to stay at IC CoEx and it’s a done deal as far as we’re concerned.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
I booked 2 nights on points last week and paid 35k each night as I always do. Just now I went to go reserve another 2 nights only to find that they're charging 40k a night. Wondering if this is an error or devaluation...

Last edited by FlyingKansan; Jun 30, 2018 at 11:20 pm
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Just confirmed with an IHG rep that award bookings indeed are 40k a night now.

Last edited by FlyingKansan; Jul 1, 2018 at 5:14 pm
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
It is a devaluation, however given the regular rate differences of around USD 50 between COEX and Parnas it somehow makes sense.

Given Parnas typically provides all RA benefits (incl. upgrade to Studio room/small suite) on reward nights it is still a good value IMHO.
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
It is a devaluation, however given the regular rate differences of around USD 50 between COEX and Parnas it somehow makes sense.

Given Parnas typically provides all RA benefits (incl. upgrade to Studio room/small suite) on reward nights it is still a good value IMHO.
Indeed it is. Just sucks I was able to book at 35k literally days before. You win some you lose some I suppose...

In regards to thinking it might've been an error, my stay details currently shows my most recent booking at 40k with total being 70k.

Last edited by FlyingKansan; Jul 2, 2018 at 9:19 am
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
I jumped on a 5-night rewards booking a couple of months ago. I was expecting a devaluation because 35K/night for this property was too good to be true. Luckily, we can still use the new 40K IHG card free night here for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by Finance_underling; Jul 5, 2018 at 8:33 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
anyone stayed here as a spire? do they give club access to spire members?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by manucanuck
I do not think so, but is there any IC that gives Club access to spire members? (It is not a CP)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by manucanuck
No.. you would get an upgrade to Premier Room (previously Junior Suite) but not club access.
I recommend you to book a club room and you will get a club access + nice full buffet breakfast at the Grand Kitchen.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, IHG PA, and on
My wife and I are making our first trip to Seoul soon and are choosing between the IC and Conrad. I’ve read in the Conrad thread that it is in a business area. Being in central Seoul with “things to do” is important to us. Can anyone recommend either based on the area they are in? Many thanks
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by iwannabesedated
My wife and I are making our first trip to Seoul soon and are choosing between the IC and Conrad. I’ve read in the Conrad thread that it is in a business area. Being in central Seoul with “things to do” is important to us. Can anyone recommend either based on the area they are in? Many thanks
This is a tough one. Ironically the Conrad and IC are the two hotels I stay at every time I'm in Seoul. Conrad by far is the superior hotel in terms of hard product. The IC is a bit dated now, but it's in no way a shabby hotel. Yes the Conrad is in the business district, but Seoul is a small city and you can pretty much get anywhere in Seoul within 20 mins cab ride (given no traffic). If this is your first time in Seoul, I think it's safe to assume you'll be hitting the usual hotspots, Myeong-Dong, Dongdaemun, Hongdae, Etc. In that case, the distance would be about equal from both hotels. Though access to the subway from the Conrad does require a little walking, which can be done without going outside in case of weather. Not sure if you'll have access to breakfast at either hotels, but I prefer the breakfast and lounge at the Conrad, but only by a small margin. The biggest draw other than location for the IC is having access to the city air terminal which is literally next door to the hotel. I'll always start my stay at the Conrad and end with the IC for that reason. Not sure how long your stay will be, but I'd actually recommend trying out both hotels especially since rates tend to be around the same. But if that's not an option, I'd actually recommend the Conrad solely due to the dated feel of the IC, unless you're planning on spending a lot of time in Gangnam. FYI, Conrad Seoul does not provide complementary bears or ducks.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:17 pm

What does the city air terminal do?

does every guest get a complimentary bear or duck? Even on reward stays? even at the coex?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by db1234db1234
What does the city air terminal do?

does every guest get a complimentary bear or duck? Even on reward stays? even at the coex?
The air terminal lets you check in and drop bags off for your flight. Actually really neat, especially if you have a late flight as you can check in your bags get your tickets and roam around the city til its time to head to the airport. There's also an option for transport to the airport from there as well. As for bears and ducks, that's a Conrad thing.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, IHG PA, and on
Flying Kansan - Thank you very much for the feedback. Much appreciated from your “neighbor” in Colorado. Sorry that the Chiefs could not dispatch of the Patriots. Please do that next year. It’s gonna be awhile for the Broncos.
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
The air terminal lets you check in and drop bags off for your flight. Actually really neat, especially if you have a late flight as you can check in your bags get your tickets and roam around the city til its time to head to the airport. There's also an option for transport to the airport from there as well. As for bears and ducks, that's a Conrad thing.
Air Terminal is really convenient, it’s just in the backyard of IC Grand, therefore take the exit were the convenience store is located. And it’s more than dropping bags. You can pre-pass immigrations there. Using air terminal means at the airport, you can use a „air terminal“ priority security lane, and for passport check at immigrations you can use the diplomats lane. (See more at: https://www.calt.co.kr/lang/en/chkin/chkin4.php )

i once got a golden bear at Grand or COEX .... .

Last edited by cazane; Feb 7, 2019 at 10:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.