Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Accelerate 2016 promotion (June to August 2016) Non-US

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Now back.

Here's my wife's offer (interesting mix of challenges) for a total of 55k points :

- 3,200 : Travel with the IHG® App
Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 3,200 bonus points.

- 3,000 : Stay Once Get 3,000
Thank you for choosing IHG. We'd like to see you again soon. Stay once and earn 3,000 bonus points.

- 600 : Eat, Drink and Earn
Spend $ $39 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 600 bonus points.

- 7,500 : Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 7,500 bonus points.

- 1,000 : Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 1,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you use a combination of points and cash.

- 4,000 : A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

- 30,700 : Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 6 offers above and earn (an additional) 30,700 bonus points.

- 5,000 : June Bonus Offer
Stay once in June and get 5,000 bonus points
Old May 22, 2016, 2:40 am

Combining stays to make a weekend.

I have Accelerate tasks which include

Stay one weekend.
Choose a bonus rate.

If I make 2 bookings at the same hotel, one at the bonus rate for the Friday, and one at the cheaper advance rate for the Saturday, then will IHG see this as a weekend stay and tick off the weekend task?

Possibly not would be my thought. Not much saving but just an idea.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: Accor Silver, FB Platinum for live, IHG Spire
Very strange

Found out something very strange when I print my offer. It doesn't appear when I consult my offer on screen.
This are 2 additional lines in the printed offer:
- Stay once in July and get 5000 bonus points
- Stay once in August and get 5000 bonus points
Old May 22, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by cumbrianbill
I have Accelerate tasks which include

Stay one weekend.
Choose a bonus rate.

If I make 2 bookings at the same hotel, one at the bonus rate for the Friday, and one at the cheaper advance rate for the Saturday, then will IHG see this as a weekend stay and tick off the weekend task?

Possibly not would be my thought. Not much saving but just an idea.
IMHO this should work however it could be a grey area as it two separate bookings as opposed to one weekend booking. Knowing IHG IT incompetence personally I would not risk it especially if the saving is small.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
I'm out

Well, my schedule has come out for the summer, and this one is simply not going to happen. I'll be lucky to get a single long weekend in. Fingers crossed for a decent winter promotion, when I'm 4 months on the road.
Good luck to anyone trying for their bonuses.
Old May 22, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
If I use my Ambassador free weekend night certificate, does that still count as a qualifying stay for Accelerate? (One of my targets is to stay in 3 different countries, so I want to use the voucher abroad).
Old May 23, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Daniel_lux
Found out something very strange when I print my offer. It doesn't appear when I consult my offer on screen.
This are 2 additional lines in the printed offer:
- Stay once in July and get 5000 bonus points
- Stay once in August and get 5000 bonus points
So does mine....thanks for the tip off ^
Old May 23, 2016, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by blindman
IMHO this should work however it could be a grey area as it two separate bookings as opposed to one weekend booking. Knowing IHG IT incompetence personally I would not risk it especially if the saving is small.
when I have done this at the same hotel two nights two bookings one as become inelligable referencing an "overlaping stay", tried it once to get the 5000 bonus points per stay. So booked a friday night and then a saturday night. The saturday became inelligable and an overlaping stay.

Just my experience not the law...
Old May 23, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Accelerate - Start date June 1st

Has anyone had anything post yet?

I just wonder why the countdown clock stared a week ago and yet all the offer conditions specifically state that they are for the period 1st June to 31st August. I assume booking made in May won't count. I'm hanging on until 1st of June to make sure.
Old May 23, 2016, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by martinrennard
Has anyone had anything post yet?

I just wonder why the countdown clock stared a week ago and yet all the offer conditions specifically state that they are for the period 1st June to 31st August. I assume booking made in May won't count. I'm hanging on until 1st of June to make sure.

Who knows how IHG technology works

As long as you register, then make a booking to stay from 1 June onwards you will be ok to qualify...though I think someone on this thread had asked IHG if bookings made before they registered counted and they replied yes...they were getting it in writing
Old May 24, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: Emirates, Qatar Airways
Same, all my targets have disappeared, that said just checked out the 'my rate' for a trip to Dubai next month. Some seriously competitive prices...
Old May 24, 2016, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Saral
So does mine....thanks for the tip off ^
Are you using the print functionality of your web browser? Or is there a dedicated print button for the Accurate dashboard?
Old May 24, 2016, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by 336
Are you using the print functionality of your web browser? Or is there a dedicated print button for the Accurate dashboard?
Yes I am using the print function from my web browser, on the IHG website when you sign in click My Offers status, View offer activity deal, then check your offers, file, print (if you do print preview you can see what is going to be printed and the July and August bonus offers that are not visible by looking at the web page show up)
Old May 24, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: Accor Silver, FB Platinum for live, IHG Spire
I will never be able to accomplish the achievement bonus. This is what appears when I go to terms:
Complete 4 of the 3 offers above and earn (an additional) 37,100 bonus points.

Last edited by Daniel_lux; May 24, 2016 at 10:31 am Reason: Modify
Old May 25, 2016, 6:07 am

One of my targets is a cash and points stay, I don't expect it will but does anybody know if that cash and points stay will count towards another one of my targets to stay 5 nights?

I have a booking in late August that I could easily turn into a cash and points night but it will cost slightly more (which will be offset by the points I'd earn if I get to 5 nights) but given it's just before the promotion ends, I don't want to do it if it won't track for the 5 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.