Wiki Posts
Search

Which Paris awards redemption?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Which Paris awards redemption?

Looking at summer stays for Paris, and went through the entire Paris digest/last 5 years of HI mentions as well as tripadvisor and I'm not sure where I should stay. I bought 100k points from Daily Getaways for $565 since any of these redemptions are cheaper than they are paying cash (these will be my only IHG stays this year outside of possible pointbreaks)

Leaning towards these
CP Republique -45k pts/night, .576 cpp
St Germain des Pres - 40k pts/nights, .61 cpp
Gare de L'est - 40k pts/night, .76 cpp, recently renovated

Also looking at
Porte de Clichy - 25k pts/night, 1.09 cpp, new hotel, but super far
Gare Montparnasse - 40k pts/night, .83 cpp
Montparnasse Pasteur - 35k pts/night, .88 cpp

Is the CP republique 15k points better than St Germain? Can I expect any benefits as Platinum Elite during the summer/tourist season? (looking back just a couple yrs ago to when CP Republique used to be 25k and others 15k makes me sad)
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:46 am

Both the Republique and St Germain are in very good neighborhoods -- nice combination of residential and commercial. I've stayed at both multiple times and on points, and I prefer the St Germain. The CP has a few decidedly nasty rooms (which you're likely to get while staying on points, esp. w/o status), whereas the HI rooms are much more uniform.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:21 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
I stayed at the CP Republique a couple of weeks ago on points and got a really nice room (although I am a Spire status so this would have helped).

My only reservation with this location is Republique seems to be at the heart of the major security issues Paris faces at the moment and there was very heavy armed Police and Army presence which contributed to a sense of unease in the area.

Have also stayed at Gare de L'est and Montparnesse recently too and these were also good.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Member

Stayed at the HI St. Germain two years ago for 6 days. Great location for seeing the city. Saint-Placide Metro stop is right outside, and Rue du Cherche-Midi with a bunch of restaurants is a block away. And my wife liked having Le Bon Marche two blocks away. Couple of easy blocks over to wander in the Luxembourg Gardens. Great Patisserie across the street, if you don't want to get the buffet breakfast at the HI.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The HI Gare de l'Est is pretty good, I stayed there recently. But paid rates can be quite cheap so I don't know if it's worth wasting points on.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Two nights in peak summer is around 490-500 at St Germain, and 600 at Gare. I bought 100,000 points for $565, so I'll be able to pook 2 nights and have 20k leftover points.

My other stay is in Lyon and i'm redeeming points at 1.33cpp (no hiltons or hyatts) and I'm saving cash stays for hilton/hyatt/starwood when I can.

I might do one night at Gare and one at St Germain, decided against republique. Thanks everyone! Will update after my stays.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Update - My plans shifted a little and noticed quite a few price drops.

Most tempting was the crowne plaza dropped to around 115 Euro, which is over 50% off when I last checked...

Holiday Inn Paris Opera - Grands Blvd is 35,000 points, for .78cpp
Hotel Indigo Paris Opera is at 45,000 points, for .71 cpp
Holiday Inn Paris - Elysees at 40,000 points, for .81 cpp

Any *recent* stays? The most recent I find are from 2012 on FT, and I'm wondering if the crowne plaza at that price is for a really bad/small room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.