Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Barclay New York Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
I'm still deciding on where to stay. I've not stayed in any IHG properties besides Holiday Inn Express.
Why not Indigo Lower East Side?

https://mobile.twitter.com/search/li...%40hotelindigo

Last edited by nicolas75; Mar 30, 2017 at 6:05 am
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'm trying to book a room for four. There are two options for a party that size: the "premier double", and the "one bedroom deluxe suite."

As Ambassador (platinum), might I expect this upgrade? I gather it's more than one category, but it's the next thing up for my party size. TIA.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by DaveH
I'm trying to book a room for four. There are two options for a party that size: the "premier double", and the "one bedroom deluxe suite."

As Ambassador (platinum), might I expect this upgrade? I gather it's more than one category, but it's the next thing up for my party size. TIA.
this property is the absolute worst with upgrades and has previously told me they do not honor ambassador upgrades. I would reach out to them to confirm, but don't expect a free suite, since the price difference between the two can be very significant ...
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
this property is the absolute worst with upgrades and has previously told me they do not honor ambassador upgrades. I would reach out to them to confirm, but don't expect a free suite, since the price difference between the two can be very significant ...
Is that even a choice this hotel can make? I thought if it was part of IHG Rewards it *had* to give a one category Ambassador upgrade on paid stays? Sounds like the practice needs to be reported to IHG.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Good night and Good Luck

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Is that even a choice this hotel can make? I thought if it was part of IHG Rewards it *had* to give a one category Ambassador upgrade on paid stays? Sounds like the practice needs to be reported to IHG.
You're not the first AMB to stay here since the reopening and so expect some different policies in place with respect to UG. I'm desperately trying to book a Club King and was told I'd get an upgrade to some type of suite (i'm assuming Jr at best) only if I booked Exec King. Question is do I assume breakfast included with the Suite stay and was informed only on a fully flex booking rate. Next question, does the fully stocked Suite mini bar also come without $trings?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Shopfranceinc
I called today in advance of my trip and was informed the Club Lounge has closed "until early spring." I asked why and they said that it wasn't well known among clients. The clientèle didn't know it was there and the hotel needs to publicize it more. My guess is it was way under-performing and people didn't want to pay the supplements to have access. Perhaps the hotel was also pushing back on allowing RA's complimentary access. This is a huge disappointment.
Safe travels to you all.
Any updates?

On the website they're selling:

"KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL 2 person(s) per room maximum 2 Starting 300 sq ft newly designed with tile foyer enlarged bathroom w multi function showerhead and handshower custom design furniture. Includes access to the club lounge for two offering daily breakfast and afternoon snacks and evening cocktails. Fees apply for additional guests. "
Old May 27, 2017, 10:35 am

I'm staying here this weekend and so far everything has been great. The lounge re-opened this month and the hors d'oeuvres were impressive last night. Drinkwise 3 different vodkas (?), 4 white wines, sparkling wine and one red wine.
Badoit and soft drinks accessible all day.
The lounge closes at 8pm.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:24 pm

Stayed here again last weekend. The lounge was closed for 5 days starting Monday. Thankfully the hotel contacted me in advance.

The offerings on Sunday weren't as impressive as last time - perhaps due to the aforementioned or just that it was Sunday.

I was assigned the same upgrade as last time (Premier King), eventhough I decided not to renew Ambassador status for now.

Given that the lounge was closed (private event), I was accomodated breakfast at Gin Parlour. While there are some decent cold offerings, quite a spread of pastries (not my thing) I was quite disappointed with the quality of the warm food.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Had a stay booked here for tonight. Was hoping to provide a review here, but my flight to LGA was cancelled following a rolling 6hr delay.

To this property's credit, management agreed to cancel my nonrefundable rate without any charge or penalty. ^ Hopefully I'll have another chance to give this property a try in the coming months.

-FlyerBeek
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:04 am

Towels supplier

Originally Posted by Matthew330Ci
The room itself is fine and understandably crisp because it's new. I did like the thick, fluffly towels very much (the tags on the towels said 'made for the IC Barclay'),
Hi Matthew, sorry to hear about your bad experience at the IC Barclay. I work for the supplier of the towels, Resuinsa and we really appreciate your good feedback.
The people that we talk to have always been amazing and awesome to work with. I do hope that you would give the Barclay another chance so next time you can enjoy the "Resuinsa" quality as well when you sleep.

Kind regards
Tim Koninckx
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I said that in one the initial posts here, the towels are awesome. Best hotel towels i have had so far.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My review of this property is part of my trip report here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...t-lounges.html
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:52 am

Question about "Upgade"

Hi,
I have a booking at the IC NY Barclay, Check in tomorrow. I booked a King Club Intercontinental Room. In my IHG App there is now shown "Premier King"
As a Spire Ambassador I think my one category Upgrade would be a Suite. Am I wrong about that? And why a Premier King? For me that's a downgrade or not?
I mean the room rate for a Club King ist higher than for a Premier King. Can I ask for a "real" upgrade to a Suite, or just insist on my booked Club King?
Thank you for your opinion.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Michael747
Hi,
I have a booking at the IC NY Barclay, Check in tomorrow. I booked a King Club Intercontinental Room. In my IHG App there is now shown "Premier King"
As a Spire Ambassador I think my one category Upgrade would be a Suite. Am I wrong about that? And why a Premier King? For me that's a downgrade or not?
I mean the room rate for a Club King ist higher than for a Premier King. Can I ask for a "real" upgrade to a Suite, or just insist on my booked Club King?
Thank you for your opinion.
There aren't any Suites available for tomorrow, but that doesn't explain why you've currently been assigned a Premier King which is actually a 3-level downgrade from what you booked.
If no Suites become available between now and tomorrow,then I believe you'll receive your Club room, and you can ask for a rate reduction to the next category down from there. I'd be inclined to contact the hotel ahead of your stay, in order to avoid a lengthy, and awkward check-in process.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by turner32
There aren't any Suites available for tomorrow, but that doesn't explain why you've currently been assigned a Premier King which is actually a 3-level downgrade from what you booked.
If no Suites become available between now and tomorrow,then I believe you'll receive your Club room, and you can ask for a rate reduction to the next category down from there. I'd be inclined to contact the hotel ahead of your stay, in order to avoid a lengthy, and awkward check-in process.
Hi Turner 32
You just confirmed, what I thought.
So I wrote an e-mail to the Hotel about that. I just can not wait, what the answer will be....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.