Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2016, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelTheWorld66
Promotion website:
https://shareforever.ihg.com

Stay between May 1-September 5, 2016. Valid for US members only.

For a non-US member promotion, IHG has an Accelerate promotion running June-August 2016 that specifically excludes US members.

Promotion time-frame for earning points:
~30 calendar days after registration -- 1,000 registration bonus points post to account (spire only)
~4 calendar days after checkout -- dashboard* will reflect activity
~21 calendar days after checkout -- bonus points post to account

Promotion time-frame for sharing points:
~5 calendar days after receiving gift -- 1,000 share points post to account

* To get to the dashboard, due to an IT bug, you have to "register" instead of "log in", even if you've already registered. But you're not re-registering; if you "register" and you were already registered, that simply processes it as a login and takes you to your dashboard info.
Print Wikipost

IHG Share Forever 2016 Promotion (The Americas only)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by ross11988
It allowed me to share the 1,000 with myself just now. It also appeared right away for me to claim, instead of waiting weeks like last year
Again, it will absolutely let you share points with yourself. Does that mean it's perfectly safe? I think not.

IHG is notorious for closing members' accounts so just be careful.
Old May 12, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
My 1,000 Spire Registration bonus points posted to my account today, 29 calendar days after registration. Just wanted to provide a data point for other Spire members.
Old May 12, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
My 1,000 Spire Registration bonus points posted to my account today, 29 calendar days after registration. Just wanted to provide a data point for other Spire members.
I've still not seen anything post to my account balance. Not the 1,000 point bonus for registering weeks ago, nor the bonus for the stay I completed May 2 (which only appeared on the promotion dashboard a few days ago).
Old May 12, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I've still not seen anything post to my account balance. Not the 1,000 point bonus for registering weeks ago, nor the bonus for the stay I completed May 2 (which only appeared on the promotion dashboard a few days ago).
I'll second that and more. I had a stay on May 1, checkout May 2 (plus others since). Nothing yet has posted to my account and nothing other than the 1000 registration points are showing on my dashboard. I registered on the same day that the new Share Forever offer was posted here on FT.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My nights total is correct on the dashboard (as opposed to last time with this promo, where it took weeks for a stay to show up); the 8,000 points for my first stay is showing as completed, although not credited in my IHG account yet, but it's only been a few days.
Old May 12, 2016, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My nights total is correct on the dashboard (as opposed to last time with this promo, where it took weeks for a stay to show up); the 8,000 points for my first stay is showing as completed, although not credited in my IHG account yet, but it's only been a few days.
Wanna share the 1,000 points with each other?
Old May 12, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by robteb
Promotion was not showing up in "My Offer Status" either. After two unanswered e-mails/problem reports, and with a stay coming up this weekend, I decided I should call to confirm today. The agent checked and, surprise!!, told me I was not registered (despite my having a screen shot of my successful registration!!). She offered to register me over the phone, and lo and behold, the promotion instantly showed up on my account page!!

So if anyone "thinks" they have registered but it is not showing up, and you have stays coming up, you should make the dreaded phone call!!
My 1000 Spire registration bonus also posted today, a mere THREE days after my phone call ... although several weeks after my original "phantom" registration!
Old May 12, 2016, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
They seem to have posted to my account without my doing anything?

Last edited by Points Scrounger; May 12, 2016 at 6:41 pm
Old May 12, 2016, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
They seem to have posted to my account without my doing anything?
No those are the 1,000 bonus points just for registering.

After you complete your first offer you also get 1,000 points to share with someone. You'll see this under the share section to the right of your dashboard.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Update: My 1,000 point bonus for registering posted midday today. Evidently this is the first sweep they've done since the May 1 start of the promo, as I registered well in advance and the 1,000 point achievement was shown on my dashboard from the start. Still, the bonus for my May 1-2 stay, which has been on the dashboard for a few days now, was not posted in today's sweep.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:24 am

Update: My 1,000 point bonus for registering posted midday today. Evidently this is the first sweep they've done since the May 1 start of the promo, as I registered well in advance and the 1,000 point achievement was shown on my dashboard from the start. Still, the bonus for my May 1-2 stay, which has been on the dashboard for a few days now, was not posted in today's sweep.
My 1,000 point signup bonus posted today, along with 8,000 point for my "first stay", which was 3 nights - 5/3-5/6.

So, I suppose there is hope.

Now I just need to decide whether it is safe to try to share the points with myself...
Old May 13, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Nothing posted in my account yet. I stayed 5/1, one night. Nothing other than the 1000 points showing on my dashboard. Still shows 0 nights stayed.
Old May 13, 2016, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are we not allowed to share with ourselves this time?
Old May 14, 2016, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by username
Are we not allowed to share with ourselves this time?
It will let you but you aren't supposed to. A woman I spoke with at ambassador services said it gets traced back to you, and you shouldn't share with yourself.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Are no-shows being counted towards the night count?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.