Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2016, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelTheWorld66
Promotion website:
https://shareforever.ihg.com

Stay between May 1-September 5, 2016. Valid for US members only.

For a non-US member promotion, IHG has an Accelerate promotion running June-August 2016 that specifically excludes US members.

Promotion time-frame for earning points:
~30 calendar days after registration -- 1,000 registration bonus points post to account (spire only)
~4 calendar days after checkout -- dashboard* will reflect activity
~21 calendar days after checkout -- bonus points post to account

Promotion time-frame for sharing points:
~5 calendar days after receiving gift -- 1,000 share points post to account

* To get to the dashboard, due to an IT bug, you have to "register" instead of "log in", even if you've already registered. But you're not re-registering; if you "register" and you were already registered, that simply processes it as a login and takes you to your dashboard info.
Print Wikipost

IHG Share Forever 2016 Promotion (The Americas only)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2016, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After some research then false alarms about these "boundary conditions" on start/end dates and having my Accelerate calculated correctly for my 4/30 check in-5/1 check out, I think the rule is simple: it goes with the date for the night on your receipt. If the receipt lists 5/31 for the night, then it is covered.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Well I gifted the first 1K to a friend who is in the US and does have an IHG Rewards Account, though not very active.
He tries to register and "You are not eligible for this promotion" ... how can I share?
He called and they said they would fix, but we have to wait for the next "cycle" ... any idea when that happens?
NB the next 8000 points I earned show that I earned them, but 2 weeks later, still not posted.
Another sloppy promotion, I'm afraid ...
Old May 23, 2016, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Two weeks is a bit frustrating, but on par with previous promotions.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I think a government rate should qualify for this, right?

But does anyone have experience with direct billing of rooms? I made the rez over the phone and work pays for it later. I added my IHG number and its attached to my acct. upcoming reservations. I only get credit for 1 room right?

thx
Old May 25, 2016, 11:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
25 days since my first stay...still nothing (except the 1000 points for registering but still not posted in my account). This is again pathetic.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by CalItalian
25 days since my first stay...still nothing (except the 1000 points for registering but still not posted in my account). This is again pathetic.
My 1,000 points registration bonus posted on May 12 but, curiously, the bonus for the first stay I completed on May 2-- which was already shown on the promo tracker on May 12-- did not post along with it and still hasn't posted. Ah, IHG IT.
Old May 26, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
My first stay bonus posted today. It was the 8,000 bonus points for having my first stay in May. This posted 21 days after my checkout.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
My 1,000 points registration bonus posted on May 12 but, curiously, the bonus for the first stay I completed on May 2-- which was already shown on the promo tracker on May 12-- did not post along with it and still hasn't posted. Ah, IHG IT.
So, for the third time in recent memory, IHG posted points to my account the day after I complained on FT about their tardiness.

I'm not sure if that's pure coincidence, or someone at IHG is looking out for me, or IHG is trolling me.
Old May 27, 2016, 6:06 pm

nevermind

Last edited by wendy_kroy; May 28, 2016 at 10:31 am
Old May 31, 2016, 4:55 pm

Anyone with shared points posted to account yet?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:34 pm

Made a stay in late may. Was supposed to get 6000 points for the stay. Checked the dashboard tonight but....the dashboard is gone as is the registration for the promotion. Saved the email from registering back in April. The registration email is in French but I do not speak French.
Contact IHG and explain the issue. Agent is confused but registers me again for the promo and then credits bonus points for the stay. No maam that amount should be 6000 points. Send her the email and she complains the registration email is in French. Arhhhhg!
Finally sort the mess out.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Troopers
Anyone with shared points posted to account yet?
Yes. Someone shared points with me and they deposited to my account 5 calendar days after I accepted the share.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:18 pm

Yes. My points took about 12 days.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:22 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
So, for the third time in recent memory, IHG posted points to my account the day after I complained on FT about their tardiness.

I'm not sure if that's pure coincidence, or someone at IHG is looking out for me, or IHG is trolling me.
Probably coincidence, it takes several days to have the points show up in your account.
In my case it is anywhere from 10 to 18 days
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Yes. Someone shared points with me and they deposited to my account 5 calendar days after I accepted the share.
Any chance they posted as elite points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.