Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2016, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelTheWorld66
Promotion website:
https://shareforever.ihg.com

Stay between May 1-September 5, 2016. Valid for US members only.

For a non-US member promotion, IHG has an Accelerate promotion running June-August 2016 that specifically excludes US members.

Promotion time-frame for earning points:
~30 calendar days after registration -- 1,000 registration bonus points post to account (spire only)
~4 calendar days after checkout -- dashboard* will reflect activity
~21 calendar days after checkout -- bonus points post to account

Promotion time-frame for sharing points:
~5 calendar days after receiving gift -- 1,000 share points post to account

* To get to the dashboard, due to an IT bug, you have to "register" instead of "log in", even if you've already registered. But you're not re-registering; if you "register" and you were already registered, that simply processes it as a login and takes you to your dashboard info.
Print Wikipost

IHG Share Forever 2016 Promotion (The Americas only)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 9:23 am

As a newbie I can't help but notice that the bonus points offered seem to have gone up now that I have had a few stays. I started with a 5000 point bonus for the first night. When I made another reservation earlier today, the bonus had crept up to 7000 points.
Very nice.
Old May 14, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrTemporal
As a newbie I can't help but notice that the bonus points offered seem to have gone up now that I have had a few stays. I started with a 5000 point bonus for the first night. When I made another reservation earlier today, the bonus had crept up to 7000 points.
Very nice.
Or it might not have anything with you having had a few stays. Other people reported similar changes upthread that weren't necessarily related to stays, just to checking their offer again after a while.

IHG just seems to be either changing their minds or making corrections to some people's offers as time goes by. Some other people's offers don't change. Most people who started out with 7000, I don't think it changed. Most people who saw changes started out with something less than 7000 IIRC.
Old May 15, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Saral
Wonder if that means no promotion for the rest of the world...like last year
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Most likely it is, still we can vote with our feet and there would be plenty of empty rooms that they can wonder how to fill with a promotion for the rest of the world..
Well, for non-US members, it looks like IHG came through:
Originally Posted by hclee01
IHG has launched another Accelerate Program for June to August 2016

http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/off...4975&glat=AFFI
Stay June-August. As a US member I'm not eligible so don't know what the payouts are.
Old May 15, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Well, for non-US members, it looks like IHG came through:

Stay June-August. As a US member I'm not eligible so don't know what the payouts are.
Looks like the accounts in the US got the shaft thisbyear much better promo for the rest

In my opinion
Old May 17, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Just to be clear, I am in Canada, and I am eligible for this promo, and NOT the other one. So the title is inaccurate.

I have a question - one of my things is that I have a free night to share after 15 nights. I can't figure out what hotels this will be eligible for. Will IC Tokyo Bay work?

Thanks
Old May 17, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Share Forever Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents in North
America and South America who are eighteen (18) years old or older and an IHG
Rewards Club member
Old May 18, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I have a question - one of my things is that I have a free night to share after 15 nights. I can't figure out what hotels this will be eligible for. Will IC Tokyo Bay work?

Thanks
Unfortunately not. Per the promotion terms and conditions the free night is only eligible in the Americas.

Free Night is valid at hotels in the IHG® Rewards Club Family of Brands in the Americas region only and must be redeemed (and stay must be completed) by February 28, 2017.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:40 am

Maybe it's just me, but I have always found the European term "the Americas" pejorative. I prefer Western Hemisphere (as I think do most native to the region).

My distaste probably stems from the fact that the Olympic Committee decided, when awarding rings for the Olympic flag, that "the Americas" was only one continent deserving only one ring. Also it's similar to the expression "the colonies."
Old May 19, 2016, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by tom_MN
Maybe it's just me, but I have always found the European term "the Americas" pejorative. I prefer Western Hemisphere (as I think do most native to the region).

My distaste probably stems from the fact that the Olympic Committee decided, when awarding rings for the Olympic flag, that "the Americas" was only one continent deserving only one ring. Also it's similar to the expression "the colonies."
FWIW -
The Americas = North, Central & South America
Western Hem = 1/2 Antarctica, Caribbean, Greenland & North, Central & South America. People outside the Caribbean will say the Caribbean is part of South America, but, don't say it to someone from the Caribbean.
The Colonies = USA. Generally a term Brits use.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom_MN
Except per Wikipedia:
"The Western Hemisphere is a geographical term for the half of the earth that lies west of the prime meridian (which crosses Greenwich, UK) and east of the antimeridian, the other half being called the Eastern Hemisphere."
So a promotion valid in the Western Hemisphere would be valid in parts of the UK, in Ireland, in Iceland, etc, whereas Share Forever 2016 clearly isn't.

So the Western Hemisphere cannot be the proper term for where this promotion is valid. Americas is much closer, though I don't know if it's 100% perfect either.

In any case, this is FlyerTalk. What most people here are likely to find pejorative is IHG telling you don't qualify for a summer promotion based on where you live, even if you qualify for fall and spring promotions. (All these seasons, btw, being defined from the chauvinistic Northern Hemisphere perspective.)
Old May 20, 2016, 12:21 pm

How do you see the dashboard?

I see people mention being able to see the dashboard. However, when I go to https://shareforever.ihg.com I only see two options: Register and Join Now.

I've already registered, so I don't want to re-register or get the system mixed up, because I have stays that haven't been posted yet.

I just want to see the dashboard to see what my goals are, because I've long since forgotten what they were.
Old May 20, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by britoki
I see people mention being able to see the dashboard. However, when I go to https://shareforever.ihg.com I only see two options: Register and Join Now.

I've already registered, so I don't want to re-register or get the system mixed up, because I have stays that haven't been posted yet.

I just want to see the dashboard to see what my goals are, because I've long since forgotten what they were.
You have to click register to see your dashboard. Even when you are already registered the button won't change to 'login', unfortunately. It's an IT flaw. You won't screw anything up. Every time I login I click "register" and my dashboard is still updating properly and my points are posting. It has been like this for several consecutive promotions now. Don't worry.
Old May 20, 2016, 12:46 pm

I updated the wiki to reflect approximate dashboard and posting time frames for the promotion from my personal experience. I thought it might be helpful. I will update once my first stay 8,000 points post to my account.
Old May 21, 2016, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
You have to click register to see your dashboard. Even when you are already registered the button won't change to 'login', unfortunately. It's an IT flaw. You won't screw anything up. Every time I login I click "register" and my dashboard is still updating properly and my points are posting. It has been like this for several consecutive promotions now. Don't worry.
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I updated the wiki to reflect approximate dashboard and posting time frames for the promotion from my personal experience. I thought it might be helpful. I will update once my first stay 8,000 points post to my account.
I updated to the wiki to explain that the "log in" button is confusingly labeled "register" .
Old May 21, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lewende
My offer is to stay by May 31 to receive 7000 points. However, my intended stay will be May 31 to check in and June 1 to check out, will this count toward a qualifying stay?

The T&C is really confusing in terms of the "must be completed"...

"Night Stay at any IHG hotel which must be completed between 1 May 2016 and 31 May 2016 (both dates inclusive)."
Posts 81,82,83 discuss this. May 31 would be considered May stay. We are in similar situation and could do a stay on May 30 but the 31st works better. We called IHG and the person on the phone said May 31 would count for May.

The T&C could be more clear. They spell out that the overall program begins on May 1st 12:00am and ends on Sept 5th at 11:59pm, but for May it just references May 1st to May 31st.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.