Search

Booking two rooms on points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Booking two rooms on points

Hi all,

I am looking at staying at the Holiday Inn Berlin City West in October for three nights.

We are travelling as a 6, which of course needs two rooms, and I'd like to use points for the stay. They are offering the 50sqm suite for 10,000 a night or €102.

My question is, am I allowed to book two rooms for the same dates on points? I know I can only book one at a time and would have to have a duplicate reservation but is this an accepted way of using points? €612 worth of room for 60,000 seems like very good value.

Just don't want to book it that way to find either IHG don't allow it, or I arrive at the hotel in October to find one has been cancelled.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
It's fine. No issue.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:17 pm

I think it would be fine. Just book them, you'll have 2 separate confirmation codes, and if you're worried you can call the hotel and confirm.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: Flying blue
Have done this a few times, no worry other than I think you must book 1 room at a time via the website, so there is a risk only 1 room is available - or used to be something odd along those lines..
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Thanks for the replies all.

I've booked both. Thankfully they did have two rooms available. Very pleased, seems a good use of points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.