Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Got the Points But I Wasn't There

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I Got the Points But I Wasn't There

So apparently some HIX in North Carolina had my number attached to a three week string of somebody else's reservations. I presume the error happened at the hotel level and is inadvertent rather than malicious since it has not hit my credit card, but the response was still disappointing. The fraud group never called back despite a promise they would contact me within 48 hours. When that didn't happen I tried to cancel the reservations online just to get the hotel's attention. Despite being attached to my account the system I could cancel then online.

Last edited by jayer; Mar 20, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Was your cc tied to the reservation?
If not then it's probably just a typing mistake so no big deal and maybe you'll end up with a bunch of free points.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Spend them all quick :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.