Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Difference between franchised and managed hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Difference between franchised and managed hotels

Looking on the latest statistics I wonder if one can feel a difference when staying in franchised versus managed hotels. I know, the general rule is that there is no real brand consistency if it comes to e.g. status recognition. But I wonder if this is true just for the franchised hotels? Are the group of IHG managed hotels better in some data points?

Can someone name the 8 properties owned by IHG?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
pdf_2514.pdf (15.3 KB, 151 views)
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: Flying blue
I've been in a franchised holiday inn that refused to give me free wifi at platinum, saying it was company policy. And all booked through IHG website as a holiday inn.

At Ł10 for wifi on the 1 night I was staying, I told them no thanks and used by phone for internet.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by vexorg
I've been in a franchised holiday inn that refused to give me free wifi at platinum, saying it was company policy. And all booked through IHG website as a holiday inn.

At Ł10 for wifi on the 1 night I was staying, I told them no thanks and used by phone for internet.
I'd have paid it and submitted a concern for that one tbh.

Now that the LRG hotels here in the UK have all gone to Kew Green, BDL or Interstate I haven't stayed at an IHG managed hotel for a while, I think the last one was CP Kensington. There's probably not much in them tbh. The managed ones are probably a little more consistent imo.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: NZ, QF
Out of curiosity, is InterContinental HK (not Grand Stanford) the only 'owned and leased' IHG property in the Greater China region? If no, which one is it?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by KeepDiscovering
Out of curiosity, is InterContinental HK (not Grand Stanford) the only 'owned and leased' IHG property in the Greater China region? If no, which one is it?
IC HKG, one of the few properties with IC Park Lane and Paris Le Grand, has been sold in september 2015.

So it is now a managed hotel (same story for Paris and Park Lane now).
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by nicolas75
IC HKG, one of the few properties with IC Park Lane and Paris Le Grand, has been sold in september 2015.

So it is now a managed hotel (same story for Paris and Park Lane now).
IC HKG is still owned hotel. According to guest relations, IHG just agreed to sell but transfer is not finished yet.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Raynyan
IC HKG is still owned hotel. According to guest relations, IHG just agreed to sell but transfer is not finished yet.
Transfer supposed to be made half 2015
http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?PageID=414&NewsID=3476

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.