Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the year for Elite qualification.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
What is the year for Elite qualification.

I reached Spire in November last year. I had a qualifying staying in January, earning a decent amount of points. Plus my IHG Chase card posted points since January 1. Yet in the IHG App, the meter shows I am still 75,000 points and 75 nights from Spire for "this" year.

I figured the year, and hence elite qualification meter, reset at January 1. No? When does it reset?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:39 am

it is definitely the calendar year. I think someone at IHG has forgot to reset it in the app.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by chrism20
it is definitely the calendar year. I think someone at IHG has forgot to reset it in the app.
Got it. Are other people seeing the same problem too?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
it's the calendar year.

i got Spire in August last year, dated till Dec 31, 2016, and then last week hit the Dec 31, 2017.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I noticed today that my 'elite expiration' is Dec17.

I made Spire in Oct15. I figured that my status would only be good until Dec16.

I have only 12 nights and 20k points so far this calendar year.

Is there any chance that that 'elite expiration' has to do with a lower level of 'elite' from my credit card or something?

Or, did they hand out 2 years of Spire because they started it in the middle of last year?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:58 am

I have same question.

I'm thinking I've qualified for gold

But wouldn't surprise me if ihg it systems have upgraded us to spire by
mistake

Originally Posted by pretzlaff

Is there any chance that that 'elite expiration' has to do with a lower level of 'elite' from my credit card or something?

Or, did they hand out 2 years of Spire because they started it in the middle of last year?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:03 pm

I have same question.

mistake

Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:43 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some

I suspect the system has spotted you have enough points for gold qualification 2016 and the expiry for that is Dec17.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan

i thought that was the case, because it was already mid way through '15
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I might call and, actually, ask.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
I have same question.

mistake
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
I have same question.

mistake
I don't think it is that they have qualified for gold as looking at my account I have enough points for Platinum next year but still show an expiry date of December 31st 2016.

Could it possibly be something to do with AMB? i.e. if you purchase/renew it your elite is being extended through to the end of the year that your AMB is valid? My AMB expired on December 31st last year and I haven't renewed and don't intend to for a few months so can't check it ATM.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:16 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Same here, it shows Dec 2017 for me as well. Amb status is valid until Feb 2017.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:30 am

Continuing on the apparent extension of 'elite status' to Dec17.

Indeed, I had just purchased another year of Ambassador that expires Mar17. So that could be a variable.

So, I get back from traveling and called this morning. I get thru to an off-English-speaking-shore agent.

I go thru about 6 different ways of asking the question with the answer always being "You qualified for Spire in 2015, so you get one calendar year of Spire, 2016".

"But why does it say Dec17?" "Because your Spire will expire Dec17".

"But why did I get the extra year?" "Your benefits will expire Dec17".

"Was it because I bought Ambassador that expires Mar17"? "Your benefits will expire Dec17".

"Is it a different level of elite status that will expire"? "Your elite benefits will expire Dec17".

I 'think' that it is Spire that goes to Dec17, but not sure. Still don't know 'why'.

Given the timing of my Ambassador purchase, I am going to assume that that is what drove it.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA
Continuing on the apparent extension of 'elite status' to Dec17.

Indeed, I had just purchased another year of Ambassador that expires Mar17. So that could be a variable.

So, I get back from traveling and called this morning. I get thru to an off-English-speaking-shore agent.

I go thru about 6 different ways of asking the question with the answer always being "You qualified for Spire in 2015, so you get one calendar year of Spire, 2016".

"But why does it say Dec17?" "Because your Spire will expire Dec17".

"But why did I get the extra year?" "Your benefits will expire Dec17".

"Was it because I bought Ambassador that expires Mar17"? "Your benefits will expire Dec17".

"Is it a different level of elite status that will expire"? "Your elite benefits will expire Dec17".

I 'think' that it is Spire that goes to Dec17, but not sure. Still don't know 'why'.

Given the timing of my Ambassador purchase, I am going to assume that that is what drove it.
+1
I purchased AMB recently and have also noticed my Spire status now extended to Dec 2017.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:11 am
Suspended

I was just renewed as RA from 1 May. My Spire status shows as expiring Dec 18.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.