Search

Crowne Plaza

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: Flying blue
I've found crowne plaza one of the best for services and upgrades
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
That's great to hear. I don't have a lot of experince with CP at all until I got IHG card and started looking more at all the brands. I had been toying with the idea of getting ambassador to use at IC but I have seen 3 CP that I am contemplating for various reasons.

Theres one in Key West and I looked at it for an event I have this summer and the only reason I noticed it was because it was on the list of the ones that are upping the points butit looks nice and I think its 45k right now.

I had also looked at the CP in both South Beach and Hollywood Beach for a quick weekend getaway. Glad to know that upgrades are possible.

Both PPs that mentioned NYE, you know now im going ot HAVE to look at those!! LOL
ETA: wow just looked at CP TS and it looks great, I will have to look into that one year for NYE
I love that South Beach CP, it's gorgeous and it's a great location. When they're close to selling out, they open up points availability a day or two early - often even opening up nicer suites. I haven't seen one lately, but I thought I've seen even the rooftop terrace rooms on points before.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by synergistic
I love that South Beach CP, it's gorgeous and it's a great location. When they're close to selling out, they open up points availability a day or two early - often even opening up nicer suites. I haven't seen one lately, but I thought I've seen even the rooftop terrace rooms on points before.
Oh wow, I will have to look. I was looking at just random nights in april and may and just looking around and I thought I saw some pretty fancy rooms on points. I mean for 45k it seemed nice enough for a quick weekend getaway. I will keep my eye out.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:51 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

From my experience, it highly depends on the property and even at the same property, there are sometimes big differences in regard to upgrades or special benefits.

As a very small data point, it seems, that Asian properties tend to be more generous in regard to upgrades than US or European properties. The CP Bangkok Lumpini Park has been very generous and upgrade me to Club Floor while the CP at Heathrow does not offer anything special than the booked room as IHG Platinum (which was at this time the highest status). CP Brussels Palace offered an upgrade on one category while they were fully booked, but nothing during other occasions and so did the CP Kensington.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
From my experience, it highly depends on the property and even at the same property, there are sometimes big differences in regard to upgrades or special benefits.
Completely agree. Also, CPs that I frequently stay at treat me better.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Troopers
Completely agree. Also, CPs that I frequently stay at treat me better.
I agree. As a regular guest at one Silicon Valley CP (1-3 nights a week for over 2 years) it became my home away from home.
Consistent upgrades, breakfast & drink coupons (I don't think they are being given out anymore) and an always friendly staff awaited me when I checked-in.
Since the staff knows you have been there often and will be coming back, that may indeed influence the upgrade/benefits equation.
I also treat the staff well and tip appropriately when called for.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nikkiw60
Re earlier post about the CP Battersea, definitely not holding out much hope of an upgrade as just logged onto my reservation and they have changed my king size bed to a twin! I have emailed them re changing it back!
What is the chance of Plat/spire get lounge access with point stay at CP
Battersea? Or at other CP in the area? Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:48 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by milemission
What is the chance of Plat/spire get lounge access with point stay at CP
Battersea? Or at other CP in the area? Thanks!
I wouldn't expect much. I usually need to ask them for an upgrade even on a paid stay. I'm not sure you can get access to lounge, even if upgraded to the Club room, but anyway, good luck!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Is there any chance of an upgrade for a booking at a Crowne Plaza through BA Holidays? I've emailed them with my IHG number and asked what Platinum benefits I'd get, but they just pointed me to the generic list of benefits on the IHG website. The stay has appeared in my upcoming reservations list, but I can't view the details online to see what sort of room I've got...
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:35 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stayed at a Crowne Plaza two weeks ago (ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, Japan) on a 35K Points stay and as a Platinum I was upgraded to a suite on the club floor without me asking.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by miadukes
What is the deal with platinum here. Do they usually do upgrades?

The ambassador is only for IC right, so being ambassador doenst help at any other property correct?

Looking at a crowne plaza before the points hike and not sure if they are worth the 45k.
As a Spire Royal Ambassador member, I have always been very well treated at CPs (most of the time club room or suite upgrades without asking).
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nicolas75
As a Spire Royal Ambassador member, I have always been very well treated at CPs (most of the time club room or suite upgrades without asking).
Agree. CP Changi Airport in particular is very consistent for me.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Always received recognition and upgrades at CP hotels, even when still Platinum. Not sure what will happen next time showing up at Spire

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.