Wiki Posts
Search

IC London O2 (Greenwich) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tangey
I see chat in TA reviews about a shuttle bus to/from the tube station. Anyone know the timetable ? Is it a constant thing, or only during conferences ?
They had a shuttle service when first opening but it disappeared shortly afterwards due to some issues with accessing the bus station and taxi drivers kicking off (the same taxi drivers who also kick off if you have the temerity to hail them for the ride to the IC).

I haven't stayed there for some time so this might have changed again but I doubt it.

I do think the route via the O2 is substantially longer than the outdoor route.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
They posted on facebook last week about their shuttle driver, though I can't seem to post FB links, but it also says:

*The Hotel Shuttle operates Mon-Fri to/from North Greenwich Station between 8:00am - 7:00pm (11:00am - 3:00pm on request)
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by chistery
They posted on facebook last week about their shuttle driver, though I can't seem to post FB links, but it also says:

*The Hotel Shuttle operates Mon-Fri to/from North Greenwich Station between 8:00am - 7:00pm (11:00am - 3:00pm on request)
Thanks for that, no mention of the shuttle on the website, must be a new thing. it has been remarked on trip advisors reviews 6-7 times in the last week

Last edited by tangey; Nov 19, 2018 at 4:46 pm
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: IHG
This is my go to hotel in London. Decent Ambassador Spire recognition and well priced restaurant. It’s only a five minute walk from the tube station so am aghast at lazy people complaining about the distance to walk.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dp69
This is my go to hotel in London. Decent Ambassador Spire recognition and well priced restaurant. It’s only a five minute walk from the tube station so am aghast at lazy people complaining about the distance to walk.
I'm aghast at lazy readers who don't bother to read what was being queried, or just assume that no one has mobility issues.

for the record can you point to the complaint about the distance to walk ?

Let me sum it up. Pouring with rain = soaked as the walk is all outside. Coming direct from airport, no umbrella. Also unsure about the lighting on the route at nighttime.
Saw some chat about a shuttle. Now confirmed that it runs at certain times.Thread advised there is a permanent alternate route that goes thru the O2.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Dp69
It’s only a five minute walk from the tube station so am aghast at lazy people complaining about the distance to walk.

The walk from the hotel to the station is not pleasant to do at night as it's quite secluded and devoid of any other people.
Also...it rains in London almost every other day...so you must like getting wet while pulling your luggage through the downpour.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:18 pm

Can't say I've ever found the walk from the station to the hotel to be unpleasant personally. I've stayed here more than forty times and have done the walk at all hours of the day including at 4am and have always encountered someone on the way, in the early hours its normally O2 Security.

Unlike when the hotel first opened the lighting is more than adequate and the area is well covered with CCTV. I suppose everyone is different but I have never felt unsafe around the hotel or the station at any time.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by chrism20
Can't say I've ever found the walk from the station to the hotel to be unpleasant personally. I've stayed here more than forty times and have done the walk at all hours of the day including at 4am and have always encountered someone on the way, in the early hours its normally O2 Security.

Unlike when the hotel first opened the lighting is more than adequate and the area is well covered with CCTV. I suppose everyone is different but I have never felt unsafe around the hotel or the station at any time.
Your positive feedback is appreciated.

I guess everyone is different and if you are a snowflake you whinge. Anyone who says it rains every other day is deluded. This is a great hotel that is well priced, but I guess some premadonnas are never happy.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:30 pm

“snowflake”, “whinge”, “deluded”, “premadonna”, “lazy”, that’s quite the haul of contentious and derogatory terms in your 2 posts here, from an 8 post/15 month veteran, on what was until then an entirely tame discussion as to routes and transport to/from the tube to the hotel.

Now, without the rhetoric, as per my previous post can you point to the post where a complaint was made about the distance of the walk that left you aghast at “lazy” people.
TeflonMan likes this.

Last edited by tangey; Nov 24, 2018 at 8:37 pm
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:42 pm

Thanks for that, my one prior stay here was April 2016 which was a few months after opening, and I recall thinking the route was a bit desolate/badly lit, so good to know that’s no longer the case.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:33 am

Stayed here on Friday night. No upgrade (we don't upgrade ambassadors on reward bookings), no welcome gift or any perks. First room allocated smelled strongly of weed when walking in, called down and was moved - lower floor with downgraded toiletries. No water in the room.

Didn't even get an apology for the first room. I will stick to Hilton Conrad in London.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Does somebody have a contact at the hotel? I am trying to get some information and would like to arrange some things for a stay at the end of March.
Sent emails to the addresses on their homepage (info(at)iclondon-theo2.com & clubintercontinenta(at)iclondon-theo2.com) and did not receive a reply for nearly two weeks now...
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Does somebody have a contact at the hotel? I am trying to get some information and would like to arrange some things for a stay at the end of March.
Sent emails to the addresses on their homepage (info(at)iclondon-theo2.com & clubintercontinenta(at)iclondon-theo2.com) and did not receive a reply for nearly two weeks now...
Try the following one which is for the club lounge but they can usually assist with requests etc.

[email protected]
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG RA, Globalist, ALL Diamond

Try the following one which is for the club lounge but they can usually assist with requests etc.

[email protected]

Actually, that's one of the addresses given by the poster above. I thought I had taken a taken a contact card after my stay a few weeks ago, but can't find it. The welcome letter does say - contact our Guest Relations team on "extension 6827" should you require anything ... in case you want to phone the hotel directly.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by EmeraldLady
Actually, that's one of the addresses given by the poster above. I thought I had taken a taken a contact card after my stay a few weeks ago, but can't find it. The welcome letter does say - contact our Guest Relations team on "extension 6827" should you require anything ... in case you want to phone the hotel directly.
Oops, I really should wear my glasses more often.

They have responded to me from the club one in the last week as I’m there next week for a special occasion so it does work.

looking through previous communications I also have the one below but it was a while back so may not work anymore.

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.