Wiki Posts
Search

IC London O2 (Greenwich) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mitpat474
your whole deluxe suite at PL would fit into one of the living rooms at O2 which i have posted pics of above? thats false sorry.

Unless you been given the penthouse or 2 bed suite? to which i cant comment as I haven't seen...
As has been noted by others there is at least one huge 1 bed suite 1501 which is like 2 of the regular Riverview junior suites at the IC O2 fused together plus quite a bit of additional space. This is well over 80sqm not the 60sq m of the typical 1 bed suite. It is certainly the largest room type that I have had there. Your pics were of a different room type.

None of the suites at the IC PL I have had were large and most would fit in the bedroom of 1501 at the O2 but the largest type might just take out the living room.

Sadly I have checked out now and thus cannot take pictures but if you have ever had 1701 or 1702 at the IC O2 it effectively combines both spaces and a large chunk of hallway, plus removes the full bathroom space in the living room which sits 2 floors below 1701. I think 90sqm is a reasonable space estimate combining the 2 deluxe suites at 42 sq m each plus adding the additional hallway space.

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Aug 25, 2016 at 6:19 am
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
As has been noted by others there is at least one huge 1 bed suite 1501 which is like 2 of the regular Riverview junior suites at the IC O2 fused together plus quite a bit of additional space. This is well over 80sqm not the 60sq m of the typical 1 bed suite. It is certainly the largest room type that I have had there. Your pics were of a different room type.

None of the suites at the IC PL I have had were large and most would fit in the bedroom of 1501 at the O2 but the largest type might just take out the living room.

Sadly I have checked out now and thus cannot take pictures but if you have ever had 1701 or 1702 at the IC O2 it effectively combines both spaces and a large chunk of hallway, plus removes the full bathroom space in the living room which sits 2 floors below 1701. I think 90sqm is a reasonable space estimate combining the 2 deluxe suites at 42 sq m each plus adding the additional hallway space.
the photos I show are of the 2 different types club suites ( highest bookable room online bar penthouse) I was told by the club manager that there are only these type rooms and a 2 bedroom suite which is currently being put together. The 01 room sounds to me like a corner suite? 2 sofas facing each other?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the photos I show are of the 2 different types club suites ( highest bookable room online bar penthouse) I was told by the club manager that there are only these type rooms and a 2 bedroom suite which is currently being put together. The 01 room sounds to me like a corner suite? 2 sofas facing each other?
No very different from the other types both of which are illustrated above and the nicer of which I have had myself and supplied pictures. 2 large sofas in a L configuration together with several other chairs scattered around a large glass coffee table and a patio door (locked) out to the roof terrace hosting the window cleaning gondola and AC heat exchange.

The bedroom is also far larger than other suite types with a second large desk and large (full sofa sized) chaise.

It is described as 1 bed Riverview Suite. The visibility of the river is questionable however as the terrace which completely surrounds the room in all directions has a wall over a metre high and sits about 60cm above floor level of the suite

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Aug 25, 2016 at 9:11 am
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:36 am

The good:
- Comfortable bed
- Place is in good nick as very new
- RA get Club and breakfast in main restaurant
- Upgrade is no suite, but the room is nice. Limited view and gets dark. Size is not bigger than a King London Exec at PL, which is a room I prefer and has a similar setup.
- Gym is excellent
- Steam room is actually steamy, good.
- Pool is good.

Negative:
Location is a major negative unless you are in CW. Walk to Tube takes 10 minutes if leisurely stroll. Tube is crammed. Getting a cab back from City or West Central London will cost a fair amount, and will take an hour during the London rush, i.e. from 7:30am to 7pm...
PL has a massive location advantage.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Petrus
The good:
- Comfortable bed
- Place is in good nick as very new
- RA get Club and breakfast in main restaurant
- Upgrade is no suite, but the room is nice. Limited view and gets dark. Size is not bigger than a King London Exec at PL, which is a room I prefer and has a similar setup.
- Gym is excellent
- Steam room is actually steamy, good.
- Pool is good.

Negative:
Location is a major negative unless you are in CW. Walk to Tube takes 10 minutes if leisurely stroll. Tube is crammed. Getting a cab back from City or West Central London will cost a fair amount, and will take an hour during the London rush, i.e. from 7:30am to 7pm...
PL has a massive location advantage.
On the other hand the IC PL is .... and the IC O2 is great. Really disagree about the rom at the PL being better, the O2 is more spacious and better laid out I think (with the notable issue of lack of power points by the desk). The décor and bathrooms are far more modern at the O2 and the O2 doesn't have the hateful Agraria toiletries.

I work in Canary Wharf so location works well for me, but given the price advantage it should work well for most AMB and RA's, if they need to be in a location on the Jubilee. Even Green Park is less than 20 minutes away.

As far as the tube goes there is typically one service ever 12 minutes that starts in North Greenwich and thus is uncrowded. Unless you work in Mayfair there is no good reason to choose the IC PL and even then the value package at the O2 is far better.

It takes me 5 mins to the tube too with luggage, it only takes 10 mins or more if you go the long way via the O2 which can be the only way if it is raining hard.

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Aug 26, 2016 at 2:43 am
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I was told by the club manager that there are only these type rooms and a 2 bedroom suite which is currently being put together. The 01 room sounds to me like a corner suite? 2 sofas facing each other?
1501 actually has two corners. Lots and lots of windows, but pretty much no view because of the wall of the roof terrace. I'd prefer it any time because i don't look out of my room much, but others might not like it and it should definitely not be sold as "Riverview" (Or any view even) because that would only be fishing for complaints.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by haakona
1501 actually has two corners. Lots and lots of windows, but pretty much no view because of the wall of the roof terrace. I'd prefer it any time because i don't look out of my room much, but others might not like it and it should definitely not be sold as "Riverview" (Or any view even) because that would only be fishing for complaints.
yeah two corners... with 2 sofas facing.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No not 2 sofas facing, the rooms are a good 50% bigger than the type you describe because that type of corner suite is located in a different wing of the property.

This is not a room type they sell, it is neither a city view suite nor a club canary wharf view suite to be clear. It is a Riverview 1 bed.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:43 am

On the other hand the IC PL is .... and the IC O2 is great.

I work in Canary Wharf so it works well for me, but given the price advatntage it should work well for most AMB and RA's.

As far as the tube goes there is typically one service ever 12 minutes that starts in North Greenwich and thus is uncrowded. Unless you work in Mayfair there is no good reason to choose the IC PL and even then the value package at the O2 is far better.

It takes me 5 mins to the tube too with luggage,
Well you keep saying that. It isn't. It is about preference really and we are discussing things from an RA perspective. Now, if I was paying 350GBP+ per night and got stuck in a London Classic, yeah agreed not good at all.

PL have lovely King London Execs overlooking Hyde Park and my social network is within 25 minutes walking or 5-10 in a taxi from here. I can run in three different parks located on the doorstep. Office is 15 minutes away on foot.

Each to their own I suppose.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:46 am

No not 2 sofas facing, the rooms are a good 50% bigger than the type you describe because that type of corner suite is located in a different wing of the property.

This is not a room type they sell, it is neither a city view suite nor a club canary wharf view suite to be clear. It is a Riverview 1 bed.
this?:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...et=-1&filter=2
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Petrus
Well you keep saying that. It isn't. It is about preference really and we are discussing things from an RA perspective. Now, if I was paying 350GBP+ per night and got stuck in a London Classic, yeah agreed not good at all.

PL have lovely King London Execs overlooking Hyde Park and my social network is within 25 minutes walking or 5-10 in a taxi from here. I can run in three different parks located on the doorstep. Office is 15 minutes away on foot.

Each to their own I suppose.
Definitely each to their own, and for me PL is just better.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is the one, also shown in the 2 preceding pictures but the angles don't do the size justice.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:07 am

That is the one, also shown in the 2 preceding pictures but the angles don't do the size justice.
hmm ok. I guess from the photo it doesn't look huge. Ill request it when I'm there next.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hmm ok. I guess from the pic it doesn't look huge. Ill request it when Im there next.
It is significantly large than the suite with 2 facing sofas, I would reasonably estimate that both rooms are circa 30% wider and the bedroom is a bit longer.

You won't get a view though unless you stand on the step to the patio.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
No, two L-Sofas and a nice dinner table with four chairs in a huge living room. That living room alone is at least 30mē.

hmm ok. I guess from the photo it doesn't look huge. Ill request it when I'm there next.
Do it, it's huge. This has to be the second biggest room they have below the presidential.

Here are two pictures i took: http://i.imgur.com/Stk7iox.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ggQ8RYD.jpg

Last edited by haakona; Aug 26, 2016 at 6:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.