Intercontinental Hong Kong 4th person

Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Intercontinental Hong Kong 4th person

Anyone stay at Intercontinental in Hong Kong before? The one that's located at: 18 Salisbury Road. I have 4 people in my party and the award night room there only allows 3 people maximum. Is it possible to "sneak" in another person in the room say back door or something? I have never stayed there so not sure how their doors are configured and how close they are watching guests in and out?
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
There was a thread not too long ago about someone who tried his and got charged extra - don't remember the exact hotel, but somewhere in SEA.

YMMV, but remember there are fire safety laws re: occupancy.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:33 pm

Would you feel comfortable renting a car with only 4 seats (and 4 seatbelts) and transporting 5 people? If you drive carefully, you probably wouldn't get in a car accident. Still, that's not a risk that many people would take if you could spend a few extra dollars to rent a larger vehicle.

If you wouldn't do that with a car, you shouldn't do that with a hotel room. Although rare, fires do happen in hotels...even upscale hotels. (Dubai - last night)
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flybie
Anyone stay at Intercontinental in Hong Kong before? The one that's located at: 18 Salisbury Road. I have 4 people in my party and the award night room there only allows 3 people maximum. Is it possible to "sneak" in another person in the room say back door or something? I have never stayed there so not sure how their doors are configured and how close they are watching guests in and out?
1. I believe IC HK is very strict about not upgrading Ambassador on an award night (although RA's will get upgraded still). And obviously non Ambassadors likewise do not get upgraded

2. 3x Person is limit due to size of room to take a chargeable rollaway bed for 3rd person.

3. If hotel wishes they will spot as lifts and corridors are monitored by cameras and hotel will see guests coming and going. Obviously entering and leaving room as two pairs 10mins apart is less obvious and you may or may not escape notice. And risk of being noticed increases with multiple night stays

4. The real question you should ask is what happens if and when hotel notices as obviously the 4th guest in room is not then going to be permitted. If the IC notices next morning then they probably have the right to bill your cc for the second room you should have reserved
Old May 27, 2016, 9:26 am
Suspended

Similar situation with OP, 2 adults 2 children, one is 11yo and 2yo. Will they accomodate to be in 1 room? Are there other IHG properties which will accomodate us?

Last edited by 9Benua; May 27, 2016 at 10:03 am
Old May 27, 2016, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by 9Benua
Similar situation with OP, 2 adults 2 children, one is 11yo and 2yo. Will they accomodate to be in 1 room? Are there other IHG properties which will accomodate us?
It depends on the room. Some of the rooms in this hotel are very small, some (especially he junior suites) are relatively spacious.
There is a Holiday Inn close by (on Nathan Road), but the rooms there are also relatively small (comfortable for two, but not much space left). The other OC (Grand Stanford) has average sized standard rooms. There are lots of other OHG hotels also. Why don't you just email the hotels and ask?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Update: IC HKG is not making an issue of it when we showed up. YMMV.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: IC HKG is not making an issue of it when we showed up. YMMV.
I am curious - how can the beds accommodate all 4 of you because the beds are twin beds, not double - and you have an 11 yr old.

Did the hotel provide a rollaway? Hard to imagine a standard room could accommodate that. Deluxe can, barely. Of course Junior suite and up easily can accommodate that.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
1. I believe IC HK is very strict about not upgrading Ambassador on an award night (although RA's will get upgraded still). And obviously non Ambassadors likewise do not get upgraded
The IC HK upgrades award nights based on non-availability. E.g. if standard rooms are becoming fully booked they will upgrade award reservations to ensure they can continue selling regular rooms.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 7:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
I am curious - how can the beds accommodate all 4 of you because the beds are twin beds, not double - and you have an 11 yr old.

Did the hotel provide a rollaway? Hard to imagine a standard room could accommodate that. Deluxe can, barely. Of course Junior suite and up easily can accommodate that.
One is sleeping on the couch
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:28 am

One is sleeping on the couch
Bathtub
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Don't know if I should start a new thread. Just wondering which IGH hotel in Hong Kong would be better for 2 adults and 1 teen? Thank you!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
Don't know if I should start a new thread. Just wondering which IGH hotel in Hong Kong would be better for 2 adults and 1 teen? Thank you!
Depends how much you want to spend. The HI Nathan Road is very centrally located, very close to the MTR and also has a shuttle bus from the airport express and is reasonably nice.
The IC (not the Grand Stanford) is one of the best ICs worldwide, great view (if you have a room facing the harbor) and perfect service, but can be expensive.
The IC GS is somewhere between these two in terms of quality and a few min from the next MTR. Also has Airport Express shuttle bus.
There are also a few others which I am not familiar with.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Depends how much you want to spend. The HI Nathan Road is very centrally located, very close to the MTR and also has a shuttle bus from the airport express and is reasonably nice.
The IC (not the Grand Stanford) is one of the best ICs worldwide, great view (if you have a room facing the harbor) and perfect service, but can be expensive.
The IC GS is somewhere between these two in terms of quality and a few min from the next MTR. Also has Airport Express shuttle bus.
There are also a few others which I am not familiar with.
Thanks for the information, I wonder about the size of their rooms and if they charge for a roll-away.

Also saw that the points rate are not good value compare to the cash rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.