When do you pick your SPIRE 25k/yr bonus?

Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by scubaccr
My VA miles xfer was Oct2015 and I didn't need points to be elite qual type so I never queried with IHG Helpdesk at the time

Since I happily accept more recent experiences of other FTers report VA xfer as giving IHG Elite QUal Points I would go with the recent posters saying VA miles xfer post as elite qual points
Yes, but this recent report seems to be outlier, I think you and others have reported that IHG shut down this Spire "loophole" in the late summer or fall.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by FFlash
I think someone earlier tried to make a point about WHEN a (new) bonus kicks in, but I cannot see it answered here yet.

Now I see no choice of 25k points on my account like it did in 2015 when I hit Spire and right thereafter chose the 25k. I interpret from this and reading the comments here that the "new" bonus for new accrual period only kicks in when you hit 75 nights or points.
Many other loyalty programs give "such bonus", if it is included as benefit, when a new accrual period starts - so I was too waiting to see 1.1.2016 to select 25k/platinum-to-giveaway right there, but no.
So I interpret as I will get a "new" 25k only when I requalify 75k points or nights during 2016, which is kinda smart from IHG perspective, but dull for me!
Answering myself, I found on IHG.com FAQ pages the following:

If I choose 25,000 bonus points this year for my Choice Benefit and I maintain my status next year, will I get to make another choice next year?

Yes, each year that you earn or maintain the newest membership level, you'll earn another Choice Benefit. And each year you can make a different choice.

Based on this, I interpret as I should get to select now from 1.1.2016 again my Choice Benefit, but I don't have that option as others neither have
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by FFlash
Answering myself, I found on IHG.com FAQ pages the following:

If I choose 25,000 bonus points this year for my Choice Benefit and I maintain my status next year, will I get to make another choice next year?

Yes, each year that you earn or maintain the newest membership level, you'll earn another Choice Benefit. And each year you can make a different choice.

Based on this, I interpret as I should get to select now from 1.1.2016 again my Choice Benefit, but I don't have that option as others neither have
You still need to "earn" Spire this year, so benefit will kick in once you hit 75 nights (including rollover from last year) or 75k points in this year
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:02 am

Last year, I had 62 EQNs and 5 rewards nights, but I also have 153,145 EQP should I not also get the 25k/Plat choice this year? Also what would be my rollover be?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by HardDriving_Gman
Last year, I had 62 EQNs and 5 rewards nights, but I also have 153,145 EQP should I not also get the 25k/Plat choice this year? Also what would be my rollover be?
Your rollover would be nil.

Only number of actual nights over 75 rollover, points don't rollover.

If you selected your spire choice (25k points or gift plat) after Spire was rolled out last July you won't get to pick again until you have either 75 qualifying nights this year or 75,000 points.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
My link to claim my points appeared recently I am not sure when exactly but it was there yesterday and I claimed my points as I hit the 75k points last year.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Any recent reports on whether you can get Spire status by transferring 75,000 miles from Virgin Atlantic, or has this option definitely been shut down?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Any recent reports on whether you can get Spire status by transferring 75,000 miles from Virgin Atlantic, or has this option definitely been shut down?
They were still listing as qualifying last month when I transferred some over.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:52 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Yes I transferred 10K Amex MR --> 10K VS miles --> 10K IHG last week which took me over the Spire threshold (rest mainly from credit card MS), and the next day I was able to get my 25K bonus IHG points. It's only CC signup bonuses which stopped posting as EQP since about 14 months ago.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've been notified that I'm officially requalified through next year. However, when I click for my elite benefits it always loops on "loading" rather then offering me the 25K points.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I've been notified that I'm officially requalified through next year. However, when I click for my elite benefits it always loops on "loading" rather then offering me the 25K points.
Maybe clear your cookies and start an entirely new browser instance. Sometimes it helps with IHG's site.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
One of the few things that worked well with the site.

After reaching 75,000 a few months ago, I got an email within 10 days with the choices. After choosing the points, they posted almost immediately.

This not like a Nobel Peace Prize, you have to earn it first.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:27 pm

I'm going to transfer 75,000 Virgin Atlantic miles on January 1 and hope that qualifies me for Spire through 2018. Will report back on if it works.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Any idea where online request the 25k bonus points for recent Spire requalifications? The IHG interface has recently changed and I don't see the link any more.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Any idea where online request the 25k bonus points for recent Spire requalifications? The IHG interface has recently changed and I don't see the link any more.

-FlyerBeek
On the my account page on the left hand side underneath the circles that show your nights and points for the year. There’s a button that says “Explore your benefits”

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.