Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked club cheapest advance rate + Points and was upgraded to Premier room on high floor. Club lounge was offered (after discussion) with 50% discount (ie 6,000 Ą)
Did you book a Club room but had to pay for the Club access due to the upgrade to a non-Club Premier room? Or the lounge charge is only for the points stay?
Old May 27, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
IC Hong Kong

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay.
Absolutely! A perfect place to stay on our honeymoon.

I booked three nights in a Superior Room using the Best Flexible Rate for the first, a Reward Night, and an anniversary certificate night. I received a Deluxe Junior Suite on the corner of the building with a beautiful harbor view and the club was also included all three nights.

How are the rooms?
Around 50sqm and very nicely appointed. Due to the high humidity, our window with a stunning view of the harbor was completely fogged up/covered in condensation the first night but no issues the other two nights. The bathroom was very spacious.

How is the exec. lounge?
This was the nicest IC lounge I have ever seen. The staff delivered the menu and took our drink orders before we even had time to settle into our chairs. The food selection was impressive during breakfast and dinner and the cocktails were as good as any that I had in Hong Kong.

The space was nicely laid out between the bar/buffet area and the seating areas.

How was the mini bar?
A nice selection of beers, liquor, and juice.

What was your welcome gift?
A plate of fruit (refilled each day), a pot of tea, and a bottle of champagne (in recognition of our honeymoon).

What was good and what was bad?

Good
The staff were on point and went out of their way to provide a exceptional experience for me. After first going up to the main check in desk, I was walked over to the Ambassador desk and then personally walked up to my room by the attendant.

A perfect location for me along the harbor and only a 5 minute walk to the Star Ferry terminal.

Excellent club lounge!

Some great restaurants although I was only able to eat at the Harborside and Yan Toh Heen.

Even though I had only one paid night, my RA benefits (complimentary mini bar, free movie, club lounge access) were granted all three nights.

Bad
Absolutely nothing.

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
It was an amazing value considering I only paid for the first night. I can't wait to go back there!
Old May 27, 2014, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
Did you book a Club room but had to pay for the Club access due to the upgrade to a non-Club Premier room? Or the lounge charge is only for the points stay?
I booked cheapest advance rate + points and received Premier Room.

Club is no more a benefit for RAs at IC ANA Tokyo.

Guests now have to pay JPY 12,000 a night for club access (no discount for RAs, but you can negotiate as I did).
Old May 29, 2014, 4:43 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The discussion about the club benefits for Royal Ambassador at the IC Hong Kong (former Regent) was moved to the master thread of this property.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...10-merged.html

Thank you very much.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old May 30, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: ICH Plt Royal Amb, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Plat, HHons,
IC Cleveland

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Yes

Booked - Standard King/ received club king with club access - Reward stay

How are the rooms?
Excellent. Bright, newly renovated with TV, sofa, 2 easy chairs, desk, mini-bar. Very clean, almost clinically clean which fits as the hotel is owned I believe by the Cleveland Clinic which does seem to dominate much of Cleveland. Quite a few of my fellow guests were here receiving treatment. Our trip was a vacation and we found plenty to entertain us in Cleveland and surrounds.

How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent, caring and friendly, in fact all the staff we met during our stay were helpful warm and nice to be around. The hotel is apparently near a rough neighbourhood but we did not encounter any issues.

chocolates and cheese plate.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes.

How was the Minibar?
Minibars stocked with plenty of water and soft drinks, wine and various miniatures. Contents replenished daily.

Good - RA upgrade and pleasant helpful staff.

Bad: valet parking could be a bit hit and miss, most of the time it was great and we did not mind as it was a rental but a few extra scratches and dings appeared that we knew we had not done, I guess their parking spaces must have been a bit tight for a large vehicle.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes if ever in this part of the States
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
IC LeGrand - Paris

IC LeGrand - Paris

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Yes.

Booked - Classic Room on points x 1, bogo on classic and one night paid for a suite

for the first night was put into a executive twin, however after calling GR I Received - Prestige Suite for all 3 nights.

How are the rooms?
Decent size. narrow living room with TV, sofa and desk. Weird layout of room where the only toilet in the suite is near the entrance.
Bedroom has a large walk in closet and decent sized bed. The bathroom was a decent sized shower working well etc.

How is the exec. lounge?
Good lounge but I don’t think its “the best” in Europe as others have quoted. However as a 4 star it is VERY good.

Small box of macarons. 3 bottles of fruit nectar, platter of pastries. Also a bottle of moet for the first night of having to stay in a twin exec room.

3 nectarines 2 bottles of Vittel water.

How was the Minibar?
Minibar was really good, EVERYTHING in the minibar for me was free including the USB and snacks/sweets – I confirmed this with the Club rep multiple times as I was a little confused after hearing from others only beverages are.

Good – lounge access and good upgrade from classic.

Bad:
Nothing.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Maybe, might try the indigo next time.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:55 am

IC Marseille Hotel Dieu

Marseille Hotel Dieu

What is your priority club status

Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you( or for mult-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive

Booked one room on points and junior suite, was given junior suite with harbor view for both nights

How are the rooms?

Was given a Large single room with large bathroom and a huge double terrace. Very nice I loved it had a beautiful view.

How is the exec.lounge.

No lounge but given 1 re-useable voucher for cocktails or champagne at the bar.

Bottle of red wine and some local sweets.

Yes 3 nectarines

How was the Minibar?

Good stocked minibar - hardly used it but good none the less

Good

Staff are excellent, hotel has amazing views,

Bad

Nothing

Value for money or points?Would you return?

Yes I would.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:56 am

InterContinental Carlton Cannes

What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes totally.

Booked a suite for first night and bogo classic for the next two nights ( was aiming to get a suite for all nights).

Initially was given a 1 bed suite sea view suite non renovated on the first floor, however asked to be put on a higher floor and was moved to a “prestige” suite on the 7th floor – uma Thurman suite.

Pictures uploaded to : http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/mitpat474/library/

How are the rooms?
The renovated room for me was really nice, loved the room and perfect for a couple ( didn’t need a big 2 bed suite, although wouldn’t complain with the sean connery or Sharon stone )

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge at this property.

A bottle of champagne and local pastry sweets

Big plate of fruits

How was the Minibar?

Excellent nice half bottle of champagne and white wine, and bottle of Hennessy XO.

Good:
Amazing customer service from the assistant manager, really was genuine and wanted to make my stay a pleasure.

Upgrade was excellent one of the best I have received, and service by all staff.
Love the hotel in general the location with beautiful views. The beach services and restarant we used were also both excellent.

Bad:

Wifi was a little slow and inconsistent

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

Yes in light of the room received.

Would you return?
Yes definitely when I return to Cannes!

Last edited by mitpat474; Jun 2, 2014 at 4:05 am
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mitpat474

[Initially was given a 1 bed suite sea view suite non renovated on the first floor, however asked to be put on a higher floor and was moved to a “prestige” suite on the 7th floor – uma Thurman suite.

Pictures uploaded to : http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/mitpat474/library/
Very nice suite indeed.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Very nice suite indeed.
And 2 bottles of champagne?! Nice!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
And 2 bottles of champagne?! Nice!
1 was a "gift". I think bigger fruit bowl and champagne is given in the nicer suites, since the other suite I received a a box of chocs and 3 nectarines. There was only one minibar in this suite as opposed to the other which had two.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Intercontinental Clement Monterey, CA

no
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 1 king bed partial ocean view..only upgraded 1 category to King partial view with fireplace even though the 2 category room was available.

- How are the rooms?
Nothing special
- How is the exec. lounge?
N/A
- What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Great location
Staff eventually turned friendly
Mini bar was not cleared out before arrival

Bad:
-Arrived at noon, room was not ready. Had to argue with them to get a room to go to in the mean time. Didn't understand the whole 8 am guaranteed check in thing for royal ambassadors so that took about 20 min to clear up and get a room for our son to nap in.
-Only received a 1 category upgrade even though the 2 category room was available. Edit: this has been answered
-Hotel charged my credit card 2 days after checkout for mini bar beverages...had to call to get charge reversed.
- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Bad value, would not return unless the rate was 50% less

Last edited by apolloms; Jun 6, 2014 at 7:34 am
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by apolloms

no
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 1 king bed partial ocean view..only upgraded 1 category to King partial view with fireplace even though the 2 category room was available.

- How are the rooms?
Nothing special
- How is the exec. lounge?
N/A
- What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Great location
Staff eventually turned friendly
Mini bar was not cleared out before arrival

Bad:
-Arrived at noon, room was not ready. Had to argue with them to get a room to go to in the mean time. Didn't understand the whole 8 am guaranteed check in thing for royal ambassadors so that took about 20 min to clear up and get a room for our son to nap in.
-Only received a 1 category upgrade even though the 2 category room was available.
- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Bad value, would not return unless the rate was 50% less
RA upgrade t+c's does not say hotel should give you a 2x category upgrade. RA Upgrade is to one of ... exec room / club room /suite of some sort. And alas hotels can decide on what they call exec as no IHG IC standards on that.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
RA upgrade t+c's does not say hotel should give you a 2x category upgrade. RA Upgrade is to one of ... exec room / club room /suite of some sort. And alas hotels can decide on what they call exec as no IHG IC standards on that.
gotcha. also checked my cc bill and 2 days after checkout they charged me for mini bar drinks....had to call to get the charge reversed
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Hey guys. If we just have ambassador status. Do we also get free mini bar? It is that only for "royal "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.