Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: IHG
I had to double-check who wrote that review, too! It certainly read like one of yours.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by turner32
I had to double-check who wrote that review, too! It certainly read like one of yours.
At least, nothing is said about the beach in Paris
(Paris Plage is not open yet)
(it remembers me a student who copied my paper at an exam at secondary school, but also ...copied my name)
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
InterContinental Marseille - Hôtel Dieu

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Yes, as usual.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest advance rate, and received an Executive room with terrace and harbour view with breakfast.

How are the rooms?
Around 45sqm
Seating area with desk and sofa. Expresso machine
Bedroom with very comfortable bed.
Pleasant terrace with superb view over the Vieux Port (old harbour)
Great bathroom with Boffi sink, large bathtub, separate rainforest shower /toilets. Clarins Eau Dynamisante amenities.
Flatscreen television with large selection of French and international channels.
Bose minichain
Elegant contemporary design

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good
- Perfect location
- Very nice historical building
- Great staff
- Very good breakfast (which was offerred)
- Pleasant indoor pool and spa
- Coupon for free drinks at the pleasant bar
- Superb weather

Bad
- Nothing (maybe the wifi which was quite slow during this stay)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, definitely.

Pictures of the city

Pictures of the hotel
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Ic kuala lumpur

IC KUALA LUMPUR

Very as a first stay here. (I can't remember where I stayed last time 5years ago)

o Booked IC Club Room initially Flex (700++) then when sure cancel/rebook as ADR (480++)
o Modded on same day I rebooked to Ambassador Suite , 5days before arrival
o Re-Modded 7am day of arrival to Exec suite
o Checkin was still ExecSuite (1830pm), although Amb Suite for sale still. Ask about Amb Suite and given it as I had the printout
o Note Hotel has 2x Ambassador Suites + 1x Presidential suite

How are the rooms?
o Warm decor, nice overall feel, tip top (spotless) condition, guessing refurbished recently
(Apprarentl IC KUL refurbing by room types Grand Prem already completed, now doing Premier)
o Entry way
- off to left
- small clothes cupboard, large wc+washbasin room, kitchen room(full fridge+freezer) + sink + coffee maker. Service Hatch (sliding but open) to
living cum dining room
- straight ahead is living room
- door to Living/Dining room of kitchen... a double width room
o Living+Dining Room
- Rectangular table with 8 dining chairs
- Large sofa
- 2x armchairs
- large tv
- double width door to bedroom
o Entering Bedroom
- 1st door to right a walkin room for storage and further door to bathroom
o 2nd door to right a large bathroom
- Large separate shower cubicle and bath, his n hers sinks
- 2 doors off right side, first to afore mentioned storage room, 2nd to toilet room with also a bidet
o Bedroom itself
o King Plus double bed, side tables, dressing table, workdesk, armchair with footstool, large TV wallmounted, over cabiners, cabinet had a 2nd minbar fridge too

How is the exec. lounge?
o Nice and large
o sparkling wine sweet/sickly, couldn't drink it, switched to beer
o arrived too late for teatime but 1830 is middle of evening canapes/alcohol time. Of note was chef station cooking local dishes but had to pass as going out but will make sure to try next visit.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
o tin local snacks in room
o something given in lounge, not looked/opened yet to see what it is

How was the minibar?
o Kitchen fridge
4 minatures
1 each of soda/cola etc *4 in total*
small red+white wine
1 can carlsberg, 1 can heineken
o bedroom minibar fridge
found just before checking out in a unit under TV
- 2x beers, sodas, not remember if minatures

-Good
o 2-cat upgrade from IC-Club room to Amb suite
o Lounge access allows restaurant b/f instead
o room not dated, and like new
o taxi from/to airport is consistent 45mins, better+quicker than AE to sentral followed by local taxi.

-Bad
o Sparkling wine in lounge was imho awful (very sweet)
o restaurant b/f choices not great, juices orange etc at room temp ie not on ice, fruit platters were nearly all empty when I arrived 0830 and remained unreplenished for 15mins plus. Restaurant eggs not fresh

Neutral
o minibar seemed slightly reduced for RA?, as historically normal contents 2x Tiger 2x Carlsberg, with RA reduced with 1 of each and no spirits. Spirits there this time but only 1x Tiger and 1x Carlsberg.
o Semi-sucess .. Asked lounge for more beer and got 2x Tiger/2x Carlsberg extra but were warm. Ended up buying beer in the hotel bar.
o not convenient from airport for 30min AE train ie to Sentral (so best get black taxi 75MYR)
o was not informed to order my return taxi before 4pm day before departure to get 75MYR taxi. So is then either Hotel Limo (220) or Normal Taxi (100)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
o KUL hotels seemed cheap compared to Europe. IC-KUL ADR great rates compared to Flex for a Club Room
o 30k points (value $210 /Ł150) not worth it as entry level rooms onlt 400++ MYR (ADR) and 535++ Flex (ie Ł67++ , Ł90++ )
o At these prices definitely, and would always look to book ADR Club Room (450++) versus Base room on company rate (315++)

Would you return?
Yes at these room rates, booking IC Club for a suite upgrade.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jun 29, 2016 at 10:36 pm
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by scubaccr
IC KUALA LUMPUR

Very as a first stay here. (I can't remember where I stayed last time 5years ago)

o Booked IC Club Room initially Flex (700++) then when sure cancel/rebook as ADR (480++)
o Modded on same day I rebooked to Ambassador Suite , 5days before arrival
o Re-Modded 7am day of arrival to Exec suite
o Checkin was still ExecSuite (1830pm), although Amb Suite for sale still. Ask about Amb Suite and given it as I had the printout
o Note Hotel has 2x Ambassador Suites + 1x Presidential suite

How are the rooms?
o Warm decor, nice overall feel, tip top (spotless) condition, guessing refurbished recently
(Apprarentl IC KUL refurbing by room types Grand Prem already completed, now doing Premier)
o Entry way
- off to left
- small clothes cupboard, large wc+washbasin room, kitchen room(full fridge+freezer) + sink + coffee maker. Service Hatch (sliding but open) to
living cum dining room
- straight ahead is living room
- door to Living/Dining room of kitchen... a double width room
o Living+Dining Room
- Rectangular table with 8 dining chairs
- Large sofa
- 2x armchairs
- large tv
- double width door to bedroom
o Entering Bedroom
- 1st door to right a walkin room for storage and further door to bathroom
o 2nd door to right a large bathroom
- Large separate shower cubicle and bath, his n hers sinks
- 2 doors off right side, first to afore mentioned storage room, 2nd to toilet room with also a bidet
o Bedroom itself
o King Plus double bed, side tables, dressing table, workdesk, armchair with footstool, large TV wallmounted, over cabiners, cabinet had a 2nd minbar fridge too

How is the exec. lounge?
o Nice and large
o sparkling wine sweet/sickly, couldn't drink it, switched to beer
o arrived too late for teatime but 1830 is middle of evening canapes/alcohol time. Of note was chef station cooking local dishes but had to pass as going out but will make sure to try next visit.

o tin local snacks in room
o something given in lounge, not looked/opened yet to see what it is

How was the minibar?
o Kitchen fridge
4 minatures
1 each of soda/cola etc *4 in total*
small red+white wine
1 can carlsberg, 1 can heineken
o bedroom minibar fridge
found just before checking out in a unit under TV
- 2x beers, sodas, not remember if minatures

-Good
o 2-cat upgrade from IC-Club room to Amb suite
o Lounge access allows restaurant b/f instead
o room not dated, and like new
o taxi from/to airport is consistent 45mins, better+quicker than AE to sentral followed by local taxi.

-Bad
o Sparkling wine in lounge was imho awful (very sweet)
o restaurant b/f choices not great, juices orange etc at room temp ie not on ice, fruit platters were nearly all empty when I arrived 0830 and remained unreplenished for 15mins plus. Restaurant eggs not fresh

Neutral
o minibar seemed slightly reduced for RA?, as historically normal contents 2x Tiger 2x Carlsberg, with RA reduced with 1 of each and no spirits. Spirits there this time but only 1x Tiger and 1x Carlsberg.
o Semi-sucess .. Asked lounge for more beer and got 2x Tiger/2x Carlsberg extra but were warm. Ended up buying beer in the hotel bar.
o not convenient from airport for 30min AE train ie to Sentral (so best get black taxi 75MYR)
o was not informed to order my return taxi before 4pm day before departure to get 75MYR taxi. So is then either Hotel Limo (220) or Normal Taxi (100)

o KUL hotels seemed cheap compared to Europe. IC-KUL ADR great rates compared to Flex for a Club Room
o 30k points (value $210 /Ł150) not worth it as entry level rooms onlt 400++ MYR (ADR) and 535++ Flex (ie Ł67++ , Ł90++ )
o At these prices definitely, and would always look to book ADR Club Room (450++) versus Base room on company rate (315++)

Would you return?
Yes at these room rates, booking IC Club for a suite upgrade.[/QUOTE]

This plus the dearly departed Manila IC are the best IC deals for RAs.

I asked for beer replenishment at the club and was given 4 Tigers to take back to room.

Once during super early arrival from SIN at 930am, went to club to check in and drop bags, was upgraded to the triple room sized amb suite which was available immediately and offered breakfast at club. at 600MR rate.
The club with the evening chef station was enough for my travelling wife assistant and I to have a "full" meal and drinks after a day of business training instead of heading out for dinner.
Taking the lift down to the club took a little while to get used to.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
IC New York Barclay

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Booked cheapest and was upgraded to Executive King

How are the rooms?
Small, but comfortable

How is the exec. lounge?
I was not given access

No

How was the minibar?
Great, it had great beer, wine, liquor options.

-Good great bed, amazing IC sheets, quiet, professional staff

-Bad the upgrade was very minimal, no lounge access, no breakfast included

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? I paid $275 plus tax whicheck seems like a good value for NYC.

Would you return?[/QUOTE] Maybe. Lounge access or a better upgrade would be a deciding factor.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
IC KUALA LUMPUR

There's a risk of paranoia about special RA minibars . This hotel generally keeps mini-bar contents sparse, but there should be a notice in the price-list folder asking you to call room service if you want the spirit "set-up".

One thing they're good at here is responding to instant service calls: miniatures (and anything else, including extra beers) should be with you in ten minutes, RA or not!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
There's a risk of paranoia about special RA minibars . This hotel generally keeps mini-bar contents sparse, but there should be a notice in the price-list folder asking you to call room service if you want the spirit "set-up".

One thing they're good at here is responding to instant service calls: miniatures (and anything else, including extra beers) should be with you in ten minutes, RA or not!
Checked in for another IC KUL say this morning (10am Sat) booked Club room, modded to Exec Suite, and pleaseantly suprised to get Ambassador Suite again. This time I guess planned room, as the spirit minatures are not in the fridge, unlike previous time.
As I have cold this weekend, I am going teeetotal, so I asked for extra sodas during my lounge checkin.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Checked in for another IC KUL say this morning (10am Sat) booked Club room, modded to Exec Suite, and pleaseantly suprised to get Ambassador Suite again. This time I guess planned room, as the spirit minatures are not in the fridge, unlike previous time.
As I have cold this weekend, I am going teeetotal, so I asked for extra sodas during my lounge checkin.
I checked out this morning - we could have crossed paths! No spirits in the fridge when i arrived, but a set arrived 5 minutes after I called room service. Same on my visit last week. There again I book bog standard rooms and count myself happy to get one of the renovated club-rooms.

To be honest, although its a hotel I like ... I have to admit they can be just a little bit uncoordinated: especially as we're in the Raya weekend. Even the octupus show was looking a bit frantic!

I honestly don't think they have the will, the guile or the coordination to plan minibar contents around IHG membership

If you have a minute, check to see if there's a note in the minibar price-list, asking you to call if you require spirits in the fridge.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Jul 3, 2016 at 1:41 am Reason: the last bit
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
If you have a minute, check to see if there's a note in the minibar price-list, asking you to call if you require spirits in the fridge.
On my stays there, I've had a note about it too. Personally I like the hotel and their service. I've never had the Ambassador Suite myself, but the exec suite is pretty decent I have to say, especially at the price we pay for rooms there.

One time I brought a friend in the club and went beyond the "free beer time". So we ordered a few beers each afterwards and I planned to stick the bill on my room, but it was "on the house". Not that it could've been a big bill, but it's those small details I like.

Overall, a good place to stay I think.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

InterContinental Prague

Yes, very much.

Booked cheapest advance rate, and received an Executive suite city view with club access.

How are the rooms?
Around 60sqm large

Living room with seating area
Table.
Nespresso machine
iPhone dock

Bedroom with very comfortable bed.

Marble bathroom with bathtub, separate rainforest shower /toilets. Agraria amenities.

Flatscreen television with good selection of international channels.

Elegant vintage renovated design
Very quiet

How is the exec. lounge?
Not huge but comfortable

Very friendly and professional staff.

Good breakfast (club room guests can also have breakfast at the main restaurant, with more choice)
Small selection of evening food

2 PCs with printer.
International magazines and papers.

Good
- Perfect location
- Friendly staff
- Lobby has been nicely renovated
- Pleasant indoor pool and spa
- Very good breakfast at the main restaurant, served with very efficient and smiling staff
- Pleasant garden

Bad
- Bikes can be rented at the hotel's lobby. But contrary to the InterContinental Berlin, you cannot charge the room, staff of the rent a bike company only accepts cash, and deposit of ID is required.
- Wifi signal was very poor in the room

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, definitely.

Pictures of the city

Pictures of the hotel
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
London Park Lane

Yes.

Booked standard, given newly renovated London Exec

How are the rooms?
The renovation made them lighter, brighter and less old-world British. But it should be called a soft renovation because none of the hardware seems to have changed. No USB, no sockets by the bed.

How is the exec. lounge?
No change to the policy, no access for RA's and single travelers have to pay double. As long as they insist on punishing single business travelers, no lounge for me.

How was the mini-bar?
Still the same.

Good
- Great staff
- The soft-renovation is nice.

Bad
- Club access

Value for Ł or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes. Especially with the cheap pound!

Last edited by stimpy; Jul 9, 2016 at 3:06 am
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Paris Le Grand

Yes.

Booked standard paid, plus two nights on points. Given Prestige Suite with Club.

How are the rooms?
Still two rooms with a sofa bed in the salon. The Anne Semonin amenities are nice. And there is a new bathroom scale that features Bluetooth?!?! Someone please tell me why a bathroom scale needs Bluetooth? So everyone within 50 meters can see how much I weigh?

How is the exec. lounge?
Still the same great lounge with excellent food options in the evening.

How was the mini-bar?
Some weird changes. Instead of two small Red Bull's, they now have one large Monster energy drink. And they have removed beer from the mini-bar for the summer. I have no idea why. Hopefully in autumn they put in some good beer rather than Heineken.

Good
- Excellent new staff augmented for the club
- Great service throughout.

Bad
Nothing

Value for € or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:39 am

Ic kuala lumpur

IC KUALA LUMPUR

An Excellent stay (twice)

o Booked (both times) = IC Club Room
o #1 Midweek Modded online to Amb Suite, offered Exec Suite at 6pm Checkin, held out for Amb Suite with 1hour wait at 7pm
o #2 Weekend Modded online to Exec Suite, Amb Suite given at 10am checkin

How are the rooms?
+ Hardly lived in, nicely decorated, virtually as new feel
+ Double sized Lounge cum dining room
Dining Table = 8 seater
Large sofa + 2 armchairs, beriau with large TV
kitcnettte with sink, full fridge/freezer, contained minbar drinks set up
extra closset room
extra tolier/wash-basin room
+ Large Bedroom
KingSizePlus double bed (4x extra large pilliows)
armchair and foot stool, workdesk+chair, bereau with TV
another minibar in bureau
+large bathroom
separate shower cubicle and bath
his n hers sinks
toliet room with bidet
walkin closset with safe

How is the exec. lounge?
pleasant and large lots of seating
evening food offering has hot chef station, different country theme each night
sparkling wine (so so only, preferred a beer )

local malaysian bag

How was the minibar?
#stay1 - unplanned Amb Suite room, had full spec miniatures and beers
#stay2 - planned Amb suite roo, had no minatures
That said ask in lounge for your preference, ie sodas/beers/minaturs and it is organised. (negative they gave me warm sodas/beers top up.... doh !)

-Good
+ upgrade 2-cat from club->exec suite->amb suite
(hotel has 2x Amb suites, 1x Pres suite after the Exec Suites)
+ Lounge access allows restaurant b/f if preferred

Neutral
o Both stays incorrectly posted as non-qual !
o I thought restaurant b/f offerings=service was quite poor for a 5*

-Bad

Indeed, at these prices why book with 30k points or book less than an IC Club Room

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
+ Definitely, paid IC Club with suite upgrade is excellnt value compared to Europe rates
+ Even if you book entry level room, you now get club room with lounge access (unlike before)
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:58 am

IC bangkok

IC BANGKOK

yes

o Booked = IC Club on Corporate rate (which should be RA upgrade = Corner Suite)
o Modded and email by IC BKK next morning = Downgrade to Deluxe Room with Rate reduction, and then the RA upgrade to IC Club saying all corner suites sold so room being reduced
o My Email reply = Ok I will book suite at Conrad instead
o IC BKK response = We'll get back if any cancelations
o IC BKK day before arrival = email offering corner suite and rate increased to Club IC corp rate

How are the rooms?
+ High floor end of floor propper 2-room suite
+ bit dark brown+grey for my taste though

How is the exec. lounge?
+ one of the nicest, light airy, loads of seating
+ tea time offering is platters on request
+ evening offering is new timings 1730-1930 9used to be until 8pm)
+ evening offering no longer 6 hot offerings as before but portable 1x offer, first night being roast beef.
+ evening cocktail (Mojito as good as ever)

o new option of wooden tuktuk in room (asked and received the usual teddy bear)
o alcoholic Fruit wine (screw cap)

How was the minibar?
o still same
o 6x 1/4 bottles spirits
o 4x beers, 4x sodas, 2x juices (less than in club room .... lounge staff organising a fill of sodas for me)

-Good
+ early checkin
+ proactive day after booking that IC BKK about cannot upgrade RA to Corner Suite as all sold (checked after and was true Corner suite not being sold my nights)

-Bad

+ Corp Rate entry level room great value whilst I am RA and receive club room.
OR
+ Corp Rate IC Club room great value whilst either Amb/RA and receive corner suite (room to book if lose my RA status)
- never worth booking points with company rates here in Bangkok

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
+ one of my two goto hotels in bangkok especially if I need early checkin
(other preferred hotel option is Conrad)
+ not so fond of corner suites at IC BKK, I almost prefer IC Club room at half the rate.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jul 9, 2016 at 7:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.