Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Dining Rewards being replaced

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Ellice
In the end I just signed up for the accorplus club since ihg doesn't know what's happening with a replacement for dining rewards and my membership runs out in March.

However just had a question for any accorplus members out there, do you have trouble trying to logon to the accorplus website? I can't get on to accorplus website but can get on to the accorhotels website to get rates.

Can anyone tell me does the accorplus site, once logged on, having special offers not available on the accorhotels website? Tried to sort out with the csll centre why my log on doesn't work but it's still not working!!
I seem to be abe to get anything I need from the Accor Hotels website

Once logged in to Le Club, there, I Can redeem the free night certificate and when making bookings, it quotes the Accor member rates - if I then go to accorplus and click log in, it uses my Le Club log in quite ok

Last edited by Dave Noble; Feb 17, 2016 at 1:27 pm
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Thanks Dave
I was just asking as I noticed there are Red Hot Deals referred to on the accorplus website but I couldn't logon there so don't know if they are exclusive deals.

I realised that my card number does access special rates as an accorplus member, I presume, on the accorhotels website. Was just wondering if the rates I was getting on accorhotels website are special accorplus rates or the normal Le club rates. I know, it's quite complicated...
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Ellice
Thanks Dave
I was just asking as I noticed there are Red Hot Deals referred to on the accorplus website but I couldn't logon there so don't know if they are exclusive deals.

I realised that my card number does access special rates as an accorplus member, I presume, on the accorhotels website. Was just wondering if the rates I was getting on accorhotels website are special accorplus rates or the normal Le club rates. I know, it's quite complicated...
The member rates that show are those which only appear if you have Accor Plus membership - there are not special rates for just Le Club membership ; also any red hot deals will also automatically be offered

For further queries, an accor forum might ve a good place to go
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:37 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Is there any update on the IHG Dining Rewards replacement? Online it still shows that you can renew online in USD but the site does not seem to work.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
My friend has just received an email to inform him that his IHG Dining Rewards is expiring and they are not accepting any renewal.

However, he is encouraged to sign up for the new Aspire Rewards Programme. The participating restaurants are all in China.

Details available at this website:
http://www.aspire-rewards.com/en/index.php
Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:18 pm

Reducing rewards

I'd been a member of Priority Privilege since 1992 according to last membership card. The returns re certificates etc had reduced over past few years and Dining Rewards hasn't lasted long! The card renewal process wasn't working - it took 4 months to get my new card and many enquiries. They weren't aware apparently! The orders were going into system but not produced (out of China).
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jim Hooke
I'd been a member of Priority Privilege since 1992 according to last membership card. The returns re certificates etc had reduced over past few years and Dining Rewards hasn't lasted long! The card renewal process wasn't working - it took 4 months to get my new card and many enquiries. They weren't aware apparently! The orders were going into system but not produced (out of China).
I had a chat with a front desk agent last time I was staying, and was told they are working on something, but wanted to make sure it was something that worked this time around. So, I guess, things weren't working too well for with the customers or the hotels...

PP had its flaws, but everyone seemed to understand the paper based system....
Old May 22, 2016, 7:37 am

Seems like no additional information available for a replacement programme..
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:32 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Seems like no additional information available for a replacement programme..
Still none, and actually got in the mail this week my membership card, with no mention that it's dying!
Old Jun 25, 2016, 7:50 am

Strange I signed up in May of this year when travelling and have earned rewards while I was travelling and back home. Seems active to me, not a lot of restaurants to choose from even in a major city
Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:56 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bsucards
Strange I signed up in May of this year when travelling and have earned rewards while I was travelling and back home. Seems active to me, not a lot of restaurants to choose from even in a major city
You have not been able to signup since late December, perhaps you are thinking of rewards club dining, a different program?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:09 am
Suspended

IHG dining rewards online booking channel has been disappeared over night. Member no longer able to book 10% off Adv, bfr and 25% off bfr online. Not sure about telephone booking as I have not tried. But it is utter annoying that online booking is gone.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by markis10
You have not been able to signup since late December, perhaps you are thinking of rewards club dining, a different program?
Originally Posted by bsucards
I think bsucards is thinking of US based IHG Rewards Club Dining [AKA: Dine & Earn], which is a revenue/points based rewards for IHG members (and other participating rewards programme like airlines and other hotels) dine in participant restaurants (normally up scale, mostly non-IHG business). It is totally different from IHG Dining Rewards.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
Originally Posted by chongcao
IHG dining rewards online booking channel has been disappeared over night. Member no longer able to book 10% off Adv, bfr and 25% off bfr online. Not sure about telephone booking as I have not tried. But it is utter annoying that online booking is gone.
That is very annoying, I have two 25% off certs to use this year.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
So two years passed, and no replacement offered, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.