Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport [SFO] (Master Thread)

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport [SFO] (Master Thread)

Last night my flight to SFO to MFR flight was cancelled and UA put me up at the SFO Crown Plaza. I am on the 9th floor and it seems that the freeway traffic is right outside my window. When I walked into my room, I thought the windows were open, but they werent. I have never stayed in such a loud hotel.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
Was it the one next to the airport? I stayed there a couple nights ago on the 10th floor. Was pretty quiet to me, but I don't think I was facing the freeway.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: Currently without any status :(
iirc the hotel is like a T to the freeway - hard to face it directly.

I don't remember if it was this one or the LAX one where I had annoying sound from something like a generator of the hotel - perhaps it was that?

(I will not deny the possibility that I had a quiter room)
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:01 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Haven't had that problem before

I've stayed at the SFO Crowne Plaza a dozen times or so before flying out, and I haven't noticed a problem with noise before. I suggest sending the hotel a note, so they'll check that room out and maybe refund your money.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 4:55 pm

Programs: mp diamond, qf plat, royal amb, hh diamond, spg plat, hyatt diamond
just had a 2 night stay at the said property and it was suppose to be a 5 night stay.. i checked into the HIX that was a wee bit down the road, and have discovered the HIX is a much quieter property in comparison to the CP.

i did ask for a quiet floor (10) during check in but was told it wasn't possible and was handed room 108, of which i later found it was pretty damn close to the 101. The front desk had assured me the room given was suppose to be in the quiet corner of the property.

aside from the noise, we've had to re-validate our room keys atleast once per day and the attitude of the front desk staff was just plain cold.

a big thumbs down to the property!
Old Apr 2, 2008, 2:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I did a "Crowne SFO" search and this two year old thread is it?

Recent experiences? Is it worth $10 more to book an executive? or should I pay a few bucks more for the HI on the north side of the airport? My stay would be a Sunday night.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 7:02 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Kinda OT here, but does this property have decent views to the action on the field at SFO (or for that matter, do any SFO hotels)?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by boxo

Recent experiences? Is it worth $10 more to book an executive? or should I pay a few bucks more for the HI on the north side of the airport? My stay would be a Sunday night.
I cant speak for the exec benefits at this property but if I had to choose betweent the two I would take the cheapest one. I dont remember the HI being worth paying extra for over the CP. Neither are going to be great but fine for one night.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:19 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by gsupstate
Kinda OT here, but does this property have decent views to the action on the field at SFO (or for that matter, do any SFO hotels)?
Most of the SFO hotels are pretty far from getting a really good view of the airport. I would think the ones that would have the best view are possibly the Marriott nearby? I was staying at the Hyatt and when I walked down the Marriott seems like it had a nice view over the water at the airport but nothing like what you can get at say some of the LAX hotels. IMO.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:18 pm

Thanks, mcgahat. ^
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also had GREAT views from a bayview room at the ES Burlingame. It's right by the nice walking path and has direct views of the 28's.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I also had GREAT views from a bayview room at the ES Burlingame. It's right by the nice walking path and has direct views of the 28's.
Yes, but that won't get me my 4k PC pt bonus!!!
(Ooops, I realized you were replying to the OT post re: views.)

So many promos, so few cheap weekends...

Last edited by boxo; Apr 3, 2008 at 11:47 pm
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I also find the hotel rooms to be fairly noisy. I do find that turning the heat/cold air on drowns out most of the noise but you can still hear the odd Harley or loud truck going down interstate 101. I typically get an OK sleep and for a $60 entertainment card rate on the weekends, it's prety hard to beat, other than using Priceline.

Last edited by martyYYZ; Apr 5, 2008 at 2:53 pm Reason: added more info
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by boxo

I assume that you mean Club floor. The Club is only open for breakfast 0 it's not open in the evenings. When things are slow, they don't open the Club at all - they just offer continental breakfast in the restaurant. The only other benefit is the Club floors have Key access and the sleep package - with earplugs, CD, ...

Also, as a Plat member, I have always been upgraded to a Club floor.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
I don't like the CP SFO - many reasons, including the one mentioend here.

My preferred ICHG SFO property is the HI Airport North. Parking is free (not so CP), nice bar, and big rooms (not so CP), and they UG me every time (never had an UG from the CP).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.