Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matthew330Ci
Link to check your status: http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate16/dashboard

For the purposes of this and many of their other promotions, IHG divides their 'Holiday Inn' labeled properties into two groups- Holiday Inn Express and everything else- Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Resorts, Holiday Inn Select (yes, a few of those still exist), Holiday Inn Club Vacation.

Sample terms & conditions common from the 'stay 2 brands' requirement-

" Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of distinct IHG brand hotels between 1 January 2016 and 30 April 2016 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVENTM or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts® , Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation® properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance® Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand."

Cheapest way to satisfy "Earn When You Redeem" task: Digital download of a 3 point e-book. Look for Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It is also possible to book an award night and cancel once the task shows as completed on the Dashboard.

Points stays and cash + points stays do not count toward any stay or night tasks, except those tasks that tell you specifically that a points stay or a cash + points stay is required, since points stays and cash + points stays are not considered "qualifying" (they do not earn points), and all other tasks require "qualifying" nights/stays.

As of March 22, there were no reports of points and cash stays properly posting to the dashboard (for offers requiring a points+cash stay). IHG said it was aware of the problem and was working on a fix, but did not have a time frame. Around March 24/25, many people reported points and cash tasks finally posting to the dashboard.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2016 Promotion (January to April 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Suite Disposition

.....there's a IHG/Visa promotion going on right now also.
Can you kindly provide a link to this promo? I searched and was directed to the same IHG Mastercard 60k point promo that I signed up for last year.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:28 am

Do I actually have to spend the night I´ve booked at the hotel? Or is it valid to only book a night? Sry, I´m new to this.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Becks194
Do I actually have to spend the night I´ve booked at the hotel? Or is it valid to only book a night? Sry, I´m new to this.
You don't have to spend the night, but u do need to at least check in, even for a pre-paid stay
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
I have the following task:

"Download the IHG® App
Earn 500 bonus points when you download and sign in to the IHG® App. You'll get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card & find more ways to go further, faster."

I have downloaded, installed and logged in using my IHG number yet it does not show as complete. I happen to have stays booked (at the beginning of March) that would satisfy all my requirements but the above so I car about it more for the bonus points than just the small 500.

I wondered if anyone else was having trouble with the APP task posting?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Collee
Can you kindly provide a link to this promo? I searched and was directed to the same IHG Mastercard 60k point promo that I signed up for last year.
I saw it a few weeks ago & noticed it because it was running at the same time as Accelerate 2016 and Priceless Surprises.
I just glanced at the details because I knew I wouldn't be using any of my Visa cards at IHG.
I was looking at quite a few travel blogs then and it may have been an IHG promotion for another country.
If I see it again I'll be sure and post.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:15 am

Location: Rarely in one place long. Vancouver, WA when that happens.
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, AA LifePlat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Dmd, gave up on Hilton
dashboard way way way behind

Originally Posted by Saash
I had a stay exactly 2 weeks ago and my dashboard still shows nada. I think I will wait until Monday and then give them a call.
I got dashboard credit and later points for things that came later than stays that show nothing on the dashboard nor in delivered points. Another IHG offer too complex for their IT department to handle? My stay was January 14-15 and nothing on the dashboard. I like the variety of the challenge, but if no credit will come from it, I want to use a different hotel chain. Feels like a bait-and-switch and certainly no clarity that achieving their tasks will get what they offer. One task is 18 (!!) stays and I could make it, but don't want to go all that distance to find out it was a fraudulent offer with no ability to deliver on its promises.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by TTTTroll

"Download the IHG® App
Earn 500 bonus points when you download and sign in to the IHG® App. You'll get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card & find more ways to go further, faster."

I have downloaded, installed and logged in using my IHG number yet it does not show as complete. I happen to have stays booked (at the beginning of March) that would satisfy all my requirements but the above so I car about it more for the bonus points than just the small 500.

Been waiting for a month, actualy over a month and nothing.

On my account i finally completed my first stay so thats 5000, lets see when that posts.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:35 pm

I had a 5 night Stay - Jan 17-21 - still nothing showing in my accelerate dashboard - only thing showing is my redeem points bonus as i bought something with a few points at the beginning of Jan
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
I just called to see what they would say. I had a stay on Jan 17th. Points posted 6 days later. Dashboard is still showing nothing. Rep told me the dashboard/bonus points won't update until 4-6 weeks after the stay.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TTTTroll

"Download the IHG® App

I am as well. T&Cs said could take 2-3 weeks
Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by texasguy77
I am as well. T&Cs said could take 2-3 weeks
I have been waiting since december 30th
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: more than I care to list...
Originally Posted by kiowavt
I got dashboard credit and later points for things that came later than stays that show nothing on the dashboard nor in delivered points. Another IHG offer too complex for their IT department to handle? My stay was January 14-15 and nothing on the dashboard. I like the variety of the challenge, but if no credit will come from it, I want to use a different hotel chain. Feels like a bait-and-switch and certainly no clarity that achieving their tasks will get what they offer. One task is 18 (!!) stays and I could make it, but don't want to go all that distance to find out it was a fraudulent offer with no ability to deliver on its promises.

ihg has always been awful about these promotions updating in a reasonable amount of time, but i haven't seen many (if any) instances where a little diligence on your end wouldn't get things worked out right in the end.

18 stays over 3 months for me would be tough (though not impossible mine is 5 stays which is far more attainable for me), but if you travel frequently enough and the bonus from 18 stays is worth more to you than what you can get from other chains/promotions then i'd go for it without much worry beyond possibly having to call them a few times to get it worked out.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:53 pm
Vay

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat.
Last qualify stay posted 3 weeks ago to complete accelerate promo but still not updated on the progress page. Will call them Tuesday if no update by then. Since the T&C says 2 to 3 weeks.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
I have been waiting since december 30th
2 weeks here.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:49 am

Also waiting two weeks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.