Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matthew330Ci
Link to check your status: http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate16/dashboard

For the purposes of this and many of their other promotions, IHG divides their 'Holiday Inn' labeled properties into two groups- Holiday Inn Express and everything else- Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Resorts, Holiday Inn Select (yes, a few of those still exist), Holiday Inn Club Vacation.

Sample terms & conditions common from the 'stay 2 brands' requirement-

" Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of distinct IHG brand hotels between 1 January 2016 and 30 April 2016 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVENTM or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts® , Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation® properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance® Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand."

Cheapest way to satisfy "Earn When You Redeem" task: Digital download of a 3 point e-book. Look for Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It is also possible to book an award night and cancel once the task shows as completed on the Dashboard.

Points stays and cash + points stays do not count toward any stay or night tasks, except those tasks that tell you specifically that a points stay or a cash + points stay is required, since points stays and cash + points stays are not considered "qualifying" (they do not earn points), and all other tasks require "qualifying" nights/stays.

As of March 22, there were no reports of points and cash stays properly posting to the dashboard (for offers requiring a points+cash stay). IHG said it was aware of the problem and was working on a fix, but did not have a time frame. Around March 24/25, many people reported points and cash tasks finally posting to the dashboard.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2016 Promotion (January to April 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
IIRC, stays at the AAA rate are "Qualifying." Does anyone know for certain?

I got a good offer this time...three weekend nights at HIXs will do the trick
Yes, the AAA rate is a qualifying rate.

For those who have a requirement to use points + cash once, as well as a requirement to redeem your points once, would 1 points + cash booking not do both of those? Since it says you can redeem your points for a reward night (which a points + cash booking is, a reward night), I would think you could complete those 2 requirements with the 1 stay. Does that sound like it makes sense?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think my goals are totally reasonable, actually. I wasn't expecting this. The only trouble, among the huge amount of work I have to do before end April I have very little travel to do. I am offered 55,000 points for completing the following:

5,000 January Bonus Offer
Stay once in January and get 5,000 bonus points.

3,000 Stay Once Get 3,000
Thank you for choosing IHG. We'd like to see you again soon. Stay once and earn 3,000 bonus points.

12,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 8 night(s) and earn 12,000 bonus points.

2,600 Travel with the IHG® App
Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 2,600 bonus points.

32,400 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 3 offers above and earn (an additional) 32,400 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer).
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I booked a night in January at HI London Gatwick airport in a flash sale about a month or so ago and it brought the price down to £49, which is a great deal. However, I fear that these sale offers might be excluded from points accrual and therefore participating in the promotion. Are stays bought in a sale typically excluded from points earning?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Happy
Really envy those of you have dirt cheap rates in your locales. Down here in South Florida, nothing is below $160 and they are more like $200 and up even for an HIX! No go for us. We normally cannot take advantage of IHG promo unless it coincides with our real travels. Mattress run does not work in our area. Would be cheaper to just "buy" points at 0.007 should we need them.
I'm lucky- it's deep offseason up in the Florida panhandle, and a number of places that can easily go for $200+ a night during summer are $75 or less during January.

If you've got someone willing to write index cards, the AMOE for Priceless Surprises is about $50 in mailing supplies for what should be at least 46,000 points, which is as cheap as you'll probably ever get.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
I guess HIX does not count as a Holiday Inn stay?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Have the marketing IHG flyer before me, HIX logo is listed seperate from HI logo so i'm afraid it counts as a different brand.

In their words:
HI
Fresh, modern better then ever, perfect mix of business and pleasure for today's comfort seeking traveller
HIX
The smart choice for travellers who need a simple engaging hotel made for resting, recharging and getting a little work done
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by brettalb
I guess HIX does not count as a Holiday Inn stay?
That is correct, HI and HIX are two separate brands in these promotions.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
is P+C stay a qualifying stay?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I booked a night in January at HI London Gatwick airport in a flash sale about a month or so ago and it brought the price down to £49, which is a great deal. However, I fear that these sale offers might be excluded from points accrual and therefore participating in the promotion. Are stays bought in a sale typically excluded from points earning?
Flash sale rates have been qualifying so you should be ok.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by clockhand
is P+C stay a qualifying stay?
No it's an award night so isn't qualifying.

Basically the cash element buys points to make up the difference.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:39 pm

My offer is : not bad I think, anyone know if 5000 stay once can combine with 3600 Points and Cash or not?

5,000 January Bonus Offer
Stay once in January and get 5,000 bonus points. Terms

Stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for choosing IHG. We'd like to see you again soon. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We’ll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash

Apply for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Apply here for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 2,000 points.

29,400 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers above and earn (an additional) 29,400 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer).
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by swag
I think the January bonus offer does not count towards the 4 of 5.
That kind of component has always counted previously.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
What's the opinion on a straddling stay: 12/31 - 1/1? Old year or new?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinium
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
What's the opinion on a straddling stay: 12/31 - 1/1? Old year or new?
2015... always look at check in date
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
If i book room at IC with ambassador weekend night certificate on 29 april 2016 and check out 1 may 2016
1.Is it eligible for get nights credit for this promo ?
2.If it eligible how many nights credit i get ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.