Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Mauritius Airport (MRU)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Holiday Inn Mauritius Airport (MRU)

One sentence summary: best HI I have stayed in the last five years.

Before I checked in, I emailed the hotel regarding their free shuttle from the airport. The GM noted my flight info. On the day I arrive, I was delighted to see a rep from the hotel holding a greeting board with my name. Then the shuttle arrived followed by a quick drive to the hotel. Chilled bottle water was offered by the driver.

Upon check-in, I was upgraded to suite as platinum member. The check in process was efficient. My suite was not as huge as some Asian properties but was efficient. The hotel was new, just opened last year. The only minor complaint I have was the poor quality of the wifi, as my room was on the far Eastern side on the top (3rd) floor. But who needs wifi anyway during a vacation in MRU

The breakfast really makes this HI stands out. There was a cook-to-order omelet station. The meat options include smoked bacon and it was very crispy and delicious. I could not recall other meat option but was good. The breakfast also included steamed rice and Crepes. The fruit option was plentiful, which includes several tropical fruit and Longyan, even lichee! I didn't find those even in Conrad Bali!

There is an outdoor pool in the hotel. Although not by the beach, the hotel provides free shuttle to a hotel-owned beach nearby. Rental bicycles are also available. Overall quite pleasant stay, will try to return next time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.