Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC Venetian and Palazzo - 50% Off Rewards Nights Starting Nov 23, 2015 (24hours only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Venetian and Palazzo - 50% Off Rewards Nights Starting Nov 23, 2015 (24hours only)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
I booked MLK weekend. Was hoping to go President's Day weekend since it would likely be warmer. Oh well, might end up canceling anyway.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: IHG, HiltonHonors, UA, AA
Anyone stayed as a spire elite member? Any idea if you have to pay resort fees even with that status? really hoping to avoid them. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by mtmill08
Anyone stayed as a spire elite member? Any idea if you have to pay resort fees even with that status? really hoping to avoid them. Thanks in advance!
Stayed 2 weeks ago, was acknowledged as a Spire Elite (Suprised) was offered a late check out and a shuttle. Still had to pay resort fee, but I honestly didn't ask about trying to get out of it.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
You still have to pay resort fees. There's no getting out of it. I'm Spire Ambassador. Venetian recognizes me as Spire Elite but Palazzo recognizes me as Spire Ambassador.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by csyoung49
You still have to pay resort fees. There's no getting out of it. I'm Spire Ambassador. Venetian recognizes me as Spire Elite but Palazzo recognizes me as Spire Ambassador.
good to know, thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by freepantsforall
Are the points for this sale refundable if the stay is canceled?
Points were refundable but for some strange reason I couldn't access reservation by web, mobile or IHG help-line. I had to contact the hotel directly who in turn contacted IHG and confirmed the cancellations. It was a tedious process but the points are back in my account.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by csyoung49
You don't have to pay a resort fee if you buy up to Prestige level for the room, not sure it is a great deal though.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:36 pm

I stayed four times with a prestige package, each time I had to pay the resort fee.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Does anyone know if, on points reservations, you have to pay an extra person charge for the 3rd person in a room (such as the Bella Suites at the Palazzo)?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
I just got back last Tuesday from Vegas

I booked a 25k night at the Palazzo on Dec 21 and booked my free Chase night on Dec 22. When I checked in I refused the $30 resort fee to be added to my
bill and had no problem having them remove it. The room was a Bella Suite
and I had a zero bill when I checked out. Last July I did the same reservation when they had the last 25k promo (I think in April) booked a free night and one 25k night with three guests. I asked the resort fee to be removed again and had no problem. I will say that I am a Spire and I did check in on the left side which is reserved for IHG members and invited guests. We enjoyed our stay both times and I would recommend this hotel if using points.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by sanFF
I booked a 25k night at the Palazzo on Dec 21 and booked my free Chase night on Dec 22. When I checked in I refused the $30 resort fee to be added to my
bill and had no problem having them remove it. The room was a Bella Suite
and I had a zero bill when I checked out. Last July I did the same reservation when they had the last 25k promo (I think in April) booked a free night and one 25k night with three guests. I asked the resort fee to be removed again and had no problem. I will say that I am a Spire and I did check in on the left side which is reserved for IHG members and invited guests. We enjoyed our stay both times and I would recommend this hotel if using points.
Good to know, I am going over Super Bowl Weekend and have a Bella Suite. I will definitely be checking in on the left and when you asked for the resort fee to be removed was that at check in or checkout? Thanks for the info!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
resort fee

In July I asked at check out and they quickly removed it and I had a zero bill.
last week I asked (kindly) at check in and they thought about it a moment but offered it as a "courtesy one time" adjustment. I guess it depends on the agent but scored both times and both times were one chase free night and one 25k IHG points night. I would not pay more than 25k unless it was a very special occasion.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: IHG Plat
gonna cancel my reservation and just pay cash, $190/night if they charge resort fee, $165/night without the fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.