Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Hong Kong versus IC Grand Stanford comparison

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:54 am

I understand that from the ihg hk harbor view rooms you will have a good view of the fireworks over the harbor. Is that the same for the harbor view rooms in the gs? I'd prefer the gs for the area it's in, but if I pay for a harbor view upgrade I'd like to know if we can at least see 80% of the fireworks, so to speak
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sempervivum
I understand that from the ihg hk harbor view rooms you will have a good view of the fireworks over the harbor. Is that the same for the harbor view rooms in the gs? I'd prefer the gs for the area it's in, but if I pay for a harbor view upgrade I'd like to know if we can at least see 80% of the fireworks, so to speak
I stayed at IC-HK over feb2016 chinese ny fireworks period, as an RA booking HV for upgrade to Dlx Junior Suite

I was given the central Dlx JS (not the ones at end of floor) on 7th floor. I even asked at checkin why 7th floor not my usual lower floor. Answer was that the firework rockets etc explode at that height so 7th/8th floor are perfect

Anyway the fireworks are launched from 3x barges anchored in mid harbour in a straight line right in front of IC-HK.
I actually sat on my bed for 22 minute duration of 2016 fireworks, and the two outer barges just both visable AND hotel was correct, rockets exploded right level with my window, I simply just sat on bed, looked straight ahead, and did not even need move my eyes/head side to side to see fireworks launchedfrom all 3x barges, it really was the best possible view.

SO, best view seems to be IC-HK, Dlx J/S on floors 7 or 8, though of course only two such rooms.

If you have outher IC-HK HV rooms on floors 7 or 8 , you;ll also get brilliant view, though you'll maybe need stand up to look through your window.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:04 pm

Thank you for your detailed insight. Do you know what the best rooms would be in the grand Stanford for the fireworks?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:54 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
No room types at the IC HKG include club unless you are a RA.
Unless you book the Club Rate ie Deluxe Room

Rate Description: Includes Club InterContinental lounge access with complimentary breakfast and cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres daily. Lounge also provides check out and video libraries.
Cancellation Policy: Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Thursday, 23 February, 2017 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on 23 February, 2017, or failing to show, will result in a charge equal to the first night's stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.
Average Nightly Rate HK$ 4,580.00 HKD per room, per night
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sempervivum
Thank you for your detailed insight. Do you know what the best rooms would be in the grand Stanford for the fireworks?
IC-GS-HK is several hundred metres (1kmm and more) further to the left, looking out across harbour with same front on direction room views to the water.
..... As such I can't believe you'l get any sort of view through windows even if have IC-GS room with direct water view

The other IC-GS HV rooms are actually r/h/s of building with 45degree angled side window, but that is a small window and no direct line of sight towards IC-HK as blocked by building to right of IC-GS, so again wont see much if anything

I suspect for an IC-GS stays, you'll need stand on embankment of harbour to see fireworks
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by markis10
Unless you book the Club Rate ie Deluxe Room

Rate Description: Includes Club InterContinental lounge access with complimentary breakfast and cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres daily. Lounge also provides check out and video libraries.
Cancellation Policy: Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Thursday, 23 February, 2017 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on 23 February, 2017, or failing to show, will result in a charge equal to the first night's stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.
Average Nightly Rate HK$ 4,580.00 HKD per room, per night
But that is just a bundled rate supplement it isn't a room type per se.

Other properties give access by room type (e.g. all specified club rooms, London Exec at IC PL, suites at most IC's), the IC HKG does not do this, it is always a rate supplement for non RA's regardless of rom type booked.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
IC Hong Kong vs IC Grand Stanford

Hi all,

I have one night in Hong Kong on the 28th of this month and am wondering what's the better hotel to book. Looking at reviews they both have their plus and minus points. I'm PE with IHG and there's about 800HKD difference between the IC and GS, so wondering what will be better for me. Any major things to be aware of?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
I love the IC Hong Kong. The view from the lobby is one of the best views anywhere.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...omparison.html
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:49 pm

Thanks for the info. As I'm Platinum I'm wondering what benefits I might get - if any - the linked post is more RA specific.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by woobl
Thanks for the info. As I'm Platinum I'm wondering what benefits I might get - if any - the linked post is more RA specific.
1. you still could still hae asked yur question in linked thread. Keeps everythngin one searchable thread

2. and as an IC only Ambassadrs/RA's receive great treatment. There is nothing other than free internet for Platinum/Spire elite guests, hence nothing about any Platinum/Spire great bennies in linked thread

3. If you will stay in IC's 5 or more nights per year, buy Ambassador membership for us$200 to get the guaranteed Ambassador room upgrade, as that pays for itself, even without using the free weekend nght certificate
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
1. you still could still hae asked yur question in linked thread. Keeps everythngin one searchable thread

2. and as an IC only Ambassadrs/RA's receive great treatment. There is nothing other than free internet for Platinum/Spire elite guests, hence nothing about any Platinum/Spire great bennies in linked thread

3. If you will stay in IC's 5 or more nights per year, buy Ambassador membership for us$200 to get the guaranteed Ambassador room upgrade, as that pays for itself, even without using the free weekend nght certificate
Thanks and noted. I decided to join Ambassadors as I have some trips coming up where I want to use IC, so a win-win!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
My nephew his wife and their 7 month old baby are planning HK. He asked me which IC, keeping in mind he is an Ambassador and this is their first trip to HKG. Please advice, especially Lounge access rooms
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:17 pm

Much as I like the HKIC for a first visit I think staying on the Island is best - if concentrating on IHG hotels the CP causeway Bay is good. Of course with a 7mth old they may want to spend more time in the hotel room - if that might be the case the HKIC in a Harbour View room/suite would be good.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Much as I like the HKIC for a first visit I think staying on the Island is best - if concentrating on IHG hotels the CP causeway Bay is good. Of course with a 7mth old they may want to spend more time in the hotel room - if that might be the case the HKIC in a Harbour View room/suite would be good.
They prefer an IC with lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.